Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Someone give me a build....so far I'm not feeling anything. Mines? I'm iffy....I sorta wanted to the standard COC Ice Nova crap or Vortex...but i'm acutally feeling blah about most abilities.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
CoC shock nova with that new ring and spell cascade. It's homebrew, haven't tried it yet. Doesn't have to be shock nova nor CoC, but I'm quite certain there is something absurd with that new ring, awakened spell cascade and triggering.

PP with barrage, currently bugged to give effectively absurd amounts of aps.

Necro CoC VD, quite good so far. I can post a cheap starter when I'm home in two days. Plan to transition to DD for more sustain and there's lots of reports of buggy VD behavior this league.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Pretty sure if I had a mirror drop I'd just end up selling it for the $200 or 300 it's worth and buy all the shit on my steam wishlist instead, lol

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Caeden

CoC shock nova with that new ring and spell cascade. It's homebrew, haven't tried it yet. Doesn't have to be shock nova nor CoC, but I'm quite certain there is something absurd with that new ring, awakened spell cascade and triggering.

Necro CoC VD, quite good so far. I can post a cheap starter when I'm home in two days. Plan to transition to DD for more sustain and there's lots of reports of buggy VD behavior this league.

Ok...the COC DD got my interest.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there a forum guild I can get in? Been tooling around a bit last league and this league. Running a street sweeper frostbolt ice nova build having some fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Here's the random map clear video of my build, bunch of maps in a row T15-T16 at awakening 8 for the challenge(so some shitty bosses mixed in). Could be faster if I fixed my gear more I think but still is relatively fast and single target is solid even without switching melee splash to melee phys(which I only really do for solo boss fights like sirius/shaper/elder/UE). PoB pastebin if people want to check the build/gear.

Gear is far from amazing other than the weapons, the 6L chest goes for less than 2ex last I checked(I bought it 2ex like day 4 or something), rest of the gear is less than 1ex, weapons are worth probably 6-12ex(not 100% sure the attackspeed one is probably closer to 12, the other to 6) but I crafted them for "free" by reselling fails, actually made 3-4 exalts crafting them but it took a long ass time to get all the fossils so it wasn't really much of a profit. Build can be improved fairly significantly with aul's uprising to have enough room for herald of agony+skitterbots, a fossil crafted stygian with chaos/ailment damage and then just some better rares in the other slots, but not really worth the trouble.

Also tree can be somewhat improved by dropping the 5%damage reduction from Silent Steps as well as the last 2 big claw wheel nodes(or the shitty life node I took as filler+lvl 96) to spec into dirty techniques directly, then use Ambidexterity anointment.

Overall very pleased with the build and how Viper Strike performs now with all the goodies you can get. Stuff like Withering Touch on Ancestral and Withering Step makes it easy to massively increases damage output, Plaguebringer is great for nice "burst" or damage it's basically a vaal skill, having Ancestral Call for "free" makes it very easy to use a strike skill even for clearing as long as you also get melee splash and a fair bit of weapon range(Viper Strike itself giving 3 is great) and single target DPS is really good. It's kinda squishy so that's a downside but generally still works out ok.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Theres gotta be a law against this much teasing
cmon.png

• 1Worf

Caeden

What is your primary sustain with DD. VD I always picked up an anger watcher eye with leech and away we went.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Here's the random map clear video of my build, bunch of maps in a row T15-T16 at awakening 8 for the challenge(so some shitty bosses mixed in). Could be faster if I fixed my gear more I think but still is relatively fast and single target is solid even without switching melee splash to melee phys(which I only really do for solo boss fights like sirius/shaper/elder/UE). PoB pastebin if people want to check the build/gear.

Gear is far from amazing other than the weapons, the 6L chest goes for less than 2ex last I checked(I bought it 2ex like day 4 or something), rest of the gear is less than 1ex, weapons are worth probably 6-12ex(not 100% sure the attackspeed one is probably closer to 12, the other to 6) but I crafted them for "free" by reselling fails, actually made 3-4 exalts crafting them but it took a long ass time to get all the fossils so it wasn't really much of a profit. Build can be improved fairly significantly with aul's uprising to have enough room for herald of agony+skitterbots, a fossil crafted stygian with chaos/ailment damage and then just some better rares in the other slots, but not really worth the trouble.

Also tree can be somewhat improved by dropping the 5%damage reduction from Silent Steps as well as the last 2 big claw wheel nodes(or the shitty life node I took as filler+lvl 96) to spec into dirty techniques directly, then use Ambidexterity anointment.

Overall very pleased with the build and how Viper Strike performs now with all the goodies you can get. Stuff like Withering Touch on Ancestral and Withering Step makes it easy to massively increases damage output, Plaguebringer is great for nice "burst" or damage it's basically a vaal skill, having Ancestral Call for "free" makes it very easy to use a strike skill even for clearing as long as you also get melee splash and a fair bit of weapon range(Viper Strike itself giving 3 is great) and single target DPS is really good. It's kinda squishy so that's a downside but generally still works out ok.
What's your sources of life sustain?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What is your primary sustain with DD. VD I always picked up an anger watcher eye with leech and away we went.
For VD, it's fire leech, which you can also get from a warlord, elder, or incursion neck. Also, I use a claw, you can get quite a bit out of that implicit with how fast your aps is.

For DD, you're not using a claw anymore but a 2H shaper sword, so it's fire leech and spamming spirit offering. That's why I haven't transitioned to it yet.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What's your sources of life sustain?
Just claw stuff. Have some leech from the claw nodes(I think entirely on the claw wheel right of shadow), life on hit on claws(imperial and gemini for the mana on hit too) and then there's blood rage but pretty sure it gives shit since it's phys leech only iirc and I do like 300phys per hit or something, damage is almost entirely flat chaos. Could be better but for the most part, it's enough, can't facetank really hard hitting stuff though, don't have vaal pact or high leech rate or anything like that so I can't yoyo my health back to full inbetween relatively fast and strong hits, I just dodge around and pot instead.

Great thing about viper though is once you've unloaded the initial hits, you're good to go, stuff is already dead. You can see that on metamorphs I usually always do the same thing, I go full out with totems and shit as they spawn, and then once I get the 2nd withering step in(2.5s after the start), I start running around killing trash instead and the metamorph dies a little after(killing trash will also poison spread on him if he's close enough so it further increases damage).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Merry Christmas to me I guess. Probably the best random rare ID I've ever had

Capture.PNG

• 1Mother of God

Caeden

For VD, it's fire leech, which you can also get from a warlord, elder, or incursion neck. Also, I use a claw, you can get quite a bit out of that implicit with how fast your aps is.

For DD, you're not using a claw anymore but a 2H shaper sword, so it's fire leech and spamming spirit offering. That's why I haven't transitioned to it yet.

Have you tried spirit in you 6lL yet?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Have you tried spirit in you 6lL yet?
No, but I can't imagine it being feasible. Almost every gem is required for functionality. Cyclone, CoC, desecrate, VD/DD, spirit offering, spell cascade, increased crit chance. You might be able to drop the last one at a certain gear level, but certainly not starting out.