Path of Exile

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol that mememorphs video
I was pretty flabbergasted when i tried my first T1 map metamorph and it was about 300x harder than the map boss

Speaking of 6 links, if i just mash fusings on a 6 socket death's opus, it won't reroll if i hit a 6 link right? it stops at max links?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Lol that mememorphs video
I was pretty flabbergasted when i tried my first T1 map metamorph and it was about 300x harder than the map boss

Speaking of 6 links, if i just mash fusings on a 6 socket death's opus, it won't reroll if i hit a 6 link right? it stops at max links?
Yeah 6links and 6sockets will stop being able to rolled further by fuses/jewellers so you can just spam without the risk of overwriting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just a friendly reminder to make sure you quality 20% (or higher) before going for six sockets / six links.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Statistically it’s always cheaper to link yourself. I still didn’t have my first 6L until legion but since then I’ve linked a bunch. 4 last league I think. Two so far this league and hopefully a third soon.

I bought a coc wep wirh 27% attack speed and added fire damage for 2.5ex. I’ve got it at 32% quality right now so I’m betting I link in under 2-3ex. As of last night those swords with a second good mod were running 10+ex.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
When some random comes through in a clutch

1577485173540.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i've seen some streamers able to flame dash over the dividers on the stairs in the Sirus fight and some that can't/don't. I just found out im in the second category and i almost bricked my fight because of it (The danger/dumb part was a misplaced storm almost blocking my entrance, ofcourse getting the fight onto the stairs was dumb too).
Anyway, anyone know if theres some special way to dash over those dividers when you have to run the meteor maze and they're blocking you or is it just luck?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So i've seen some streamers able to flame dash over the dividers on the stairs in the Sirus fight and some that can't/don't. I just found out im in the second category and i almost bricked my fight because of it (The danger/dumb part was a misplaced storm almost blocking my entrance, ofcourse getting the fight onto the stairs was dumb too).
Anyway, anyone know if theres some special way to dash over those dividers when you have to run the meteor maze and they're blocking you or is it just luck?
Cast in place maybe? Have to click a valid place too, which sounds easier than it is when in the heat of the fight and the walls of the maze being "no movement skill" zones. I've done it once and died twice.

After that honestly I stopped doing the waiting for flying boi to come over and started moving the storms instead, it's not really that hard and you fight him in the center everytime, so there's no/less bullshit. You can also place the storms properly so they don't get pushed in the entrance which is good. Worst case after that is coming out of the maze but being in range of the edge of a storm but if you don't panic and stand still they don't hurt that much until you walk right up in their ass.

I fully expect the fight is going to get a big redesign seeing as how many complaints there's been about it. And honestly, they definitely deserve the critiques, the fight is ass on a lot of levels and feels like it was super untested. It's not even a hard fight really once you know the mechanics, I think it's easier than uber elder and catarina, it's just quite messy and there's some really weird shit going on(pulling storms around and having to walk under him to start the next phase?) and the stairs/getting pulled for meteor maze into his other abilities like ground degend/having storms able to be on top of the entrance is just absolute shit design. They can probably do some special break phase with storm shit going on but no need to move them(storms moving around on their own or whatever and you have to avoid?) and otherwise keep the fight as is and it'll be fine, for the most part. And remove the stairs shit/make it broken so you can walk in it/just make him stand always in the middle so there's never this issue.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cast in place maybe? Have to click a valid place too, which sounds easier than it is when in the heat of the fight and the walls of the maze being "no movement skill" zones. I've done it once and died twice.

After that honestly I stopped doing the waiting for flying boi to come over and started moving the storms instead, it's not really that hard and you fight him in the center everytime, so there's no/less bullshit. You can also place the storms properly so they don't get pushed in the entrance which is good. Worst case after that is coming out of the maze but being in range of the edge of a storm but if you don't panic and stand still they don't hurt that much until you walk right up in their ass.

I fully expect the fight is going to get a big redesign seeing as how many complaints there's been about it. And honestly, they definitely deserve the critiques, the fight is ass on a lot of levels and feels like it was super untested. It's not even a hard fight really once you know the mechanics, I think it's easier than uber elder and catarina, it's just quite messy and there's some really weird shit going on(pulling storms around and having to walk under him to start the next phase?) and the stairs/getting pulled for meteor maze into his other abilities like ground degend/having storms able to be on top of the entrance is just absolute shit design. They can probably do some special break phase with storm shit going on but no need to move them(storms moving around on their own or whatever and you have to avoid?) and otherwise keep the fight as is and it'll be fine, for the most part. And remove the stairs shit/make it broken so you can walk in it/just make him stand always in the middle so there's never this issue.

You certainly feel rushed so maybe i didnt click the right place but i spammed pretty hard on the other side of the divider. Need more practice i suppose to find the knack of it..

I totally agree the fight is easy and honestly kind of boring and i've only killed him twice. For the parts you can hit him you basically only circle around the boss and he never hits you for more then a tickle. Then you have the storms which can fuck you in the block the entrace kind of way which is not a good design like you say and the metor maze which is only an issue if you get the fight on the stairs where the dividers should just be removed if you ask me cause it can be hard/impossble to move the boss away from there.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So I found a good strategy fooling around with HH to basically wipe out conquerors. In short, just rush through the map, and at the boss, kill boss, then get as many HH stacks as possible off the metamorph. I also pop a breach in order to provide explosion damage as well as some additional rares. The difficulty of the metamorph should be low, you only want the rare adds that spawn. After that, run into the portal and b-line for the conqueror, pop another breach if you have it and unleash.

My build is exceptionally fragile and dies really easy but once it gets some stacks it's absurd. They fooled around with the tree as such to where getting 3 inspired learnings isn't worth it. 2 is best.

I also could have killed him way way faster, but like an idiot I didn't have blood stance up - I hate how that buff works, I always forget to change it to blood from sand after dying (which I do a lot in this build when progressing).

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
So I've been mainly running a bino's cobra lash build this league and I feel like it's starting to hit limits and I'm not sure how to rectify it. I'm 86 with about 4.2k HP and I feel like I'm getting smashed by enemies pretty often but I'm not sure how I can deal with the problem.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno if it's possible for you but warlord weapons (or at least the claw i'm rolling but i'd assume other 1h weapons if not 2h too) can roll an inspired learning type mod, too. It only lasts for 10 seconds though.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I've been mainly running a bino's cobra lash build this league and I feel like it's starting to hit limits and I'm not sure how to rectify it. I'm 86 with about 4.2k HP and I feel like I'm getting smashed by enemies pretty often but I'm not sure how I can deal with the problem.

Crafted claws? Life sounds way low though.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Okay, I've played totems and traps recently and while I like the ability to move around and not be right next to mobs they feel pretty terrible mapping and bossing end game. My favorite build I've played over all is probably Jugg RF. Any suggestions on a self-cast build that feels good to map and boss with but that I'm not standing in one place eternally spamming just to do any damage? I'd also be interested if anyone has a link to damage scaling videos/information for DoT builds.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Okay, I've played totems and traps recently and while I like the ability to move around and not be right next to mobs they feel pretty terrible mapping and bossing end game. My favorite build I've played over all is probably Jugg RF. Any suggestions on a self-cast build that feels good to map and boss with but that I'm not standing in one place eternally spamming just to do any damage? I'd also be interested if anyone has a link to damage scaling videos/information for DoT builds.

For melee, Cyclone is still aight. I've run a dual wield variant this league that I've gotten into high reds and am just now finishing the fourth stages of each conqueror. With self found gear and just a hair under 6 k life (which is insufficient as yet), I get occasionally one shot by odd and unknowable stuff (eloel) but at level 91 don't care about the odd death.

Dual Wield Cyclone Slayer

I've also got an Ice Crash Jugg build in my alt queue that seems okay as well, but Juggs are notoriously slow killers without uber gear.

I started a toxic rain build, as well as a Hiero Frost pulse but they aren't grabbing me. The hiero is horribly slow through the acts and the toxic rain is just not really my style although uber fast clearing while leveling with Quill Rain.

Edit - in other words I watched LiftingBro's 3.9 build starter video and looked up 4 of them hahahahaha.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
the new atlas is so annoying. plus where the fuck are all the eyes? Didn't they fix the drops? I still haven't had a single one drop. That's just retarded. Plus my prediction of GGG not fixing the memory leak before new years is starting to become a reality. I AM BUBBLEDAMUS

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The new atlas is actually really really good in my opinion. Map sustain is a thing of the past. Horizon orbs make it super easy to get the maps that are naturally high tier (like Desert Spring). The only annoyances this entire league/atlas is: 1. The fuckups early on bricking your atlas. 2. The removal of the ability to remove watchstones on your atlas when it has influence, 3. The fuckup of 33% chance which was actually way less than 33%. 4. The eye drop rate.

All of these have been fixed other than #2, so the league is much more enjoyable. I've done a lot of reading and research on the atlas, as well as watched a lot of videos on it, and have a clear idea on how exactly to do most things now (such as farming a single t16).

It's actually a good system, once they work all the kinks out and you understand it. The problem is like everything else in poe, most of the playerbase won't understand it.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I love the new atlas, I feel like they really shoe horned builds though. Only certain things can map fast and also kill t14+ bosses in a reasonable time frame.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The new atlas is actually really really good in my opinion. Map sustain is a thing of the past. Horizon orbs make it super easy to get the maps that are naturally high tier (like Desert Spring). The only annoyances this entire league/atlas is: 1. The fuckups early on bricking your atlas. 2. The removal of the ability to remove watchstones on your atlas when it has influence, 3. The fuckup of 33% chance which was actually way less than 33%. 4. The eye drop rate.

All of these have been fixed other than #2, so the league is much more enjoyable. I've done a lot of reading and research on the atlas, as well as watched a lot of videos on it, and have a clear idea on how exactly to do most things now (such as farming a single t16).

It's actually a good system, once they work all the kinks out and you understand it. The problem is like everything else in poe, most of the playerbase won't understand it.

I'd love it if you can explain the 33% thing. Or point me to a source that could clear up my confusion.

Becuase i remember seeing something to the effect that you would get influence after 3 different maps and then the boss after 3 more different maps alternatively you'd have a 33% chance if you didnt run different maps.

Has not been the case.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'd love it if you can explain the 33% thing. Or point me to a source that could clear up my confusion.

Becuase i remember seeing something to the effect that you would get influence after 3 different maps and then the boss after 3 more different maps alternatively you'd have a 33% chance if you didnt run different maps.

Has not been the case.

Assuming you're starting out, once you get to the atlas and do all the prerequisites (Find Kiracs brother, the watchstone towers, etc), you have to get 16 watchstones by defeating the edge regions (Haewark, Lex, Lira, Vastir) four conquerors. These are guaranteed to appear so long as you run a different map in the region each time, and you have the approporate number of watchstones socketed. If you mouse over to the storage area of the watchstones on the left of the atlas, it will highlight the region and tell you which stones from that region you've obtained. Any you've not obtained will tell you how many watchstones that you have to socket before a conqueror will have appear. They have to appear 3 times in order to actually open up a map via Kirac/Zana and fight them. So you defeat 16 conquerors getting 16 watchstones (Each one is killed 4 times, once per region). You then have to defeat Siris. Win or lose from that point forward, the conquerors only have a 33% chance to appear when you open a map, however, they won't appear until Siris is defeated. If you fail Siris, you have to re-do the cycle, but with the 33% chance instead of a guarantee.

Since you have to do it 3 times per region it works out to approximately 40 maps to "cycle" a spawn of Siris. Once you defeat him the first time, you can then do the same process on the inner regions, getting the 16 watchstones from those regions, for a total of 32. Note that any time Siris may appear during this, you can enter the fight, trigger the dialog, then leave, and Siris will go away and you can continue (You're only required to beat him the first time). People might "buy" your fight from you (but their loot), so you can sell it. 40-60c seems to be going rate atm. Some people will kill him free for you, and you get loot. YMMV.

The math that was fixed was that they originally had it as 33% chance, even from the first time getting watchstones. They fixed this to be a guarantee (pre-Siris attempts), however they broke the odds after Siris, so it was much more like 10% and not 33%. They recently fixed that and it's really 33% now, and true to it's name it takes about 40 maps to complete the cycle.

• 1Like