Path of Exile

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't usually mind some balance issues, but the difficulty DROP from the Elder guardians to the Elder himself is insane. I think they need to separate them from the map mods again. Even on blank maps they are more difficult.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You're doing yourself a disservice if you try out the 3% phys pop on Crusader chests. Asenath's Gentle Touch from Legion league is very similar, just requires HoA to chain and doesn't chain strictly quite as well.

The satisfying screenwide pops play very similar to autobomber builds with much less gear and support gem investment. My only dislike is that I can't turn up the area on the pops as easily as HoI builds.

I've been doing a Chieftan BV with Asenath's Gentle Touch so I can use Kaom's Heart. Would recommend for clear, single target, and tankiness. I would also still recommend CoC VD/DD necro, my computer just couldn't handle the performance hit to spawning so many VD balls, that really needs to be fixed. I'll likely go back to the build when I can get a 2H CoC sword.

Oh, thanks to Kythik Kythik for lending me the gloves.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Do Legion bosses crash anyone else 100% during the crystal phase? I can sometimes put enough bleeds on them they still shatter and are still there when I load back in, but it's fucking annoying and I lose a lot of them.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Since you are a bleed build you may be able to do this. Time it so you know when that crystal layer pops (it's what's making you crash) and just open your map during it. I've heard that helps some people that have this issue.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Getting real big, this is 2x the DPS I had on my 100 occultist when Vortex was meta last -

1577721321573.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do Legion bosses crash anyone else 100% during the crystal phase? I can sometimes put enough bleeds on them they still shatter and are still there when I load back in, but it's fucking annoying and I lose a lot of them.

Yeah they crash everyone as far as I know, although it's maybe not all of them cause once I didn't crash(I think it was the vaal boss). It's been on the known list since the start but since they're on holidays shit isn't getting fixed too quick. For me though they only crashed when I broke them, not before, so they were always out.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
They don't always crash for me, but they have occasionally.

The pop explosion is extremely satisfying.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Doing Whispering Ice, fantastic this league because you can delete even the toughest metamorphs in about 2 seconds by dropping a curse brand and then stacking the AoE 20 times on the vial as the metamorph is spawning out of it.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
It feels like they bugged map drops from cartogrophy chests somehow. I've opened cartogrophy chests in both the incursion map room and in delve that have dropped 0 maps or related orbs (horizon, chisels etc).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It feels like they bugged map drops from cartogrophy chests somehow. I've opened cartogrophy chests in both the incursion map room and in delve that have dropped 0 maps or related orbs (horizon, chisels etc).
Do you have medium tier maps available on your atlas? They do not downgrade maps in the new system, if you only have regions with 4 watchstones, you basically can only drop 1-5(depends on inner/outter, only T1 if you have 32watchstones) and 14-16 maps, so if it rolls says T12, then it doesn't drop anything. I've found the same issue at first but once I started doing the stuff with partially upgraded regions(because I wanted T14-16 in specific regions for watchstones but there wasn't any downside to have 1-2stones socketed), they started dropping. Just yellow maps and shit so not really worth it regardless but yeah.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do you have medium tier maps available on your atlas? They do not downgrade maps in the new system, if you only have regions with 4 watchstones, you basically can only drop 1-5(depends on inner/outter, only T1 if you have 32watchstones) and 14-16 maps, so if it rolls says T12, then it doesn't drop anything. I've found the same issue at first but once I started doing the stuff with partially upgraded regions(because I wanted T14-16 in specific regions for watchstones but there wasn't any downside to have 1-2stones socketed), they started dropping. Just yellow maps and shit so not really worth it regardless but yeah.

Oh. Looks like thats it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That'd explain why my level 3 cartography room in temple dropped nothing I guess.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Doing Whispering Ice, fantastic this league because you can delete even the toughest metamorphs in about 2 seconds by dropping a curse brand and then stacking the AoE 20 times on the vial as the metamorph is spawning out of it.

You running it as Scion? I've been trying to get a build like that working for a while.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
You running it as Scion? I've been trying to get a build like that working for a while.
Yeah, hierophant/occultist with Ivory Tower. Extra curse, stun immune, free arcane surge. You can also do it as Guardian and you'll have like 30k armor, but it does like half the DPS.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That'd explain why my level 3 cartography room in temple dropped nothing I guess.
I mean one way to look at it is even if it you had the atlas set properly, it would have dropped shit. Not sure how much are yellow maps worth atm but I'd assume under 1c, and early red are probably not worth a lot more with how strong the T14+ sustain in with the new atlas. So realistically, even if they did drop maps, they'd drop shit maps you wouldn't want anyway. They're worth more early in the league though so what you want to do before running temple is move some watchstones around so you have like 3 on an inner region(T9 to 13 iirc) which will cover the good stuff, but 2+weeks in you don't really lose anything of value.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

Confirmed for me as well. First time it happened in a one portal Zana mission too.

Great code, GGG, as always.

Edit - looks graphical - as I broke open the boss and was crashing i got huge gray void squares around the boss.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much stuck on Sirus fight. I have no problem getting him to phase 2 and do so quite easily. I don't get the complaints about storms (I found them extremely easy to deal with)and his maze is fairly easy to navigate, even if you get a little fucked from RNG. What keeps fucking me is his stupid fucking "DIE!" beam ability in phase 2, that hits for 7kish 4 times. People keep saying to leave sound on and start dodging when you get the audio queue of, "DIE!". Problem is, no matter how fast I react, I'm never able to move the fuck away before dying. I've even tried running 4 quicksilver flasks and prepotting in preparation, but as soon as I hear, "DIE!", I'm basically dead every single time. I have yet to escape it and I've fully tried him 3 times now.

I'm at 20 challenges completed. So, I'll probably get to 24 for the weapon effect and call it good this league. Shitty part is that I'd be able to instantly knock off 2 challenges by killing Sirus.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think you can react to the sound queue that much, key for the fight in general is just to keep moving and only stop after he's done a beam, this way you're already moving when he does the die beam. If you're not already moving chances are he'll clip you with the first one and then chain stun you.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't think you can react to the sound queue that much, key for the fight in general is just to keep moving and only stop after he's done a beam, this way you're already moving when he does the die beam. If you're not already moving chances are he'll clip you with the first one and then chain stun you.
Yeah, you don't really have time to react to the sound queue. Even flame dashing as soon as I heard the queue wasn't fast enough, I'd get clipped, and then I was stunned/dead. I think I might be moving "back and forth" too much, which is keeping me in the ability arc. Next attempt I'm going to try moving in wider arcs.

The Sirus fight has made me remember how much I hate bossing in this game (it had been a while since I had enough playtime to reach Shaper/Elder/etc.). While the mechanics are fun/challenging the first time, repeated attempts/fights are just tedious with low reward for time/effort. And while it's the same way in MMOs, at least when you get to the "farm" phase of a boss, you at least have the camaraderie of Discord/guildchat to power you through the tedium. In a mostly single-player game such as PoE, that tedium seems mostly pointless without high reward.