Path of Exile

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
The stones you get are interchangeable. They can go into any region. You can also use your sextants on the stones. That way, for example if you get a sextant modifier "Players do not take reflected damage" you can then save that stone to use in regions where you get a couple juicy reflect maps if you need. (other combos also are good to watch for)j

Also..keep in mind you must socket them inside the map and not on the far left which is just for storage.

To begin with, socket one (proly red it sounds in your case) in a region and and run a few maps there to see if a boss has a hideout there. If not, just move it to a different region doing that systematically until you find and kill the first level of the bosses. Then use two watchstones in each region and then three and so on. There are some maps that will only appear as empty, uncompleted maps once you socket enough watchstones in a region. Once you have all your stones, you can pick and choose which regions to upgrade in order to 'shape' your atlas. Or.. you can just upgrade all of the regions in an effort to squeeze as much bonus as you can.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Is there a reason to shape your atlas? First time playing path this league, so probably lots I don't know.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alright i've been awake for like 30+ hours and my brain is retarded.
If i want to influence this NE part of the map.. do i put the red one i already have from that area or any of the other 3 i got from different areas?

And after a stone is placed, i just run any 3 of the maps in that area to get another boss fight for another stone?

God my brain is too smooth for this right now lol

View attachment 241009

You're correct basically, and it doesnt matter which stone you socket. You do however have to run the correct tier of map so if you socket a stone and then continute running your old white maps you wont get the influence, it has to be the tier of maps corresponding to what your atlas tells you. After you have spawned the influence though it doesn't matter if you run your white maps again.

Is there a reason to shape your atlas? First time playing path this league, so probably lots I don't know.

You can't forget (i dont remember whats it called) atlas completion any more so if there are maps you hate you can try to avoid them. But since you can't know which map will contain baran (name?) with the citadel to be able to socket watchstones you might be forced into running them all afaik.

I've heard streamers talking about people rerolling to get the perfect atlas so there must be a way but i dont know how in detail.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So I made it to Sirus and.......yeah. Interesting. I feel like the decision to make the environment 90% of the difficulty of the fight is.....questionable.

Anyway, of course I failed, and just so the game could REALLY kick me in the nuts, when I died with 2 portals left the instance crashed so no maas.

The PoE experience in a nutshell lol.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
1578196825612.png

1578196889652.png
1578196910441.png
1578196935274.png
1578196966536.png

Taking it easy now, probably gonna just casually level up now, and maybe play my miner and see if I can get sirus on farm status

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
So I've chased the dudes around the Atlas enough to get two watchstones from each of the four outer regions. How do I get watchstones for the inner regions?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I've chased the dudes around the Atlas enough to get two watchstones from each of the four outer regions. How do I get watchstones for the inner regions?

when you mouse over the squares on the side of the atlas where you can store your watchstones it will tell you how many watchstones are required for the conqueror influence to pop. Socket that many then run the tier of map it tells you from that region, by either presocketing stones in that region so you can get map drops from there when you run your maps from other regions or by buying them or horizon orbing old maps, just know that horizon orbs are kind of broken right now and cant change into any map, if i horizon orb a t16 for example i can only get carcass, summit and promenade.

this part of the atlas progression was a real downgrade imo, takes so much micro managing because the required socketed stones changes every time you kill a conqueror.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
when you mouse over the squares on the side of the atlas where you can store your watchstones it will tell you how many watchstones are required for the conqueror influence to pop. Socket that many then run the tier of map it tells you from that region, by either presocketing stones in that region so you can get map drops from there when you run your maps from other regions or by buying them or horizon orbing old maps, just know that horizon orbs are kind of broken right now and cant change into any map, if i horizon orb a t16 for example i can only get carcass, summit and promenade.

this part of the atlas progression was a real downgrade imo, takes so much micro managing because the required socketed stones changes every time you kill a conqueror.

Horizon Orbs might not be broken, but we'll see what they do with it. They will only turn a map of a certain tier into a map of the same tier that is native to that tier. For T16, only Carcass, Summit, and Promenade are native to T16.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Sirus fight is ass. Can't see shit, fucking pets keep wandering around in tornadoes and die.

Dipshit killed a beefy animated guardian.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
so every time i play i hot lvl 70 and start doing maps liek 2 weeks before the season ends, how much more time do we have, or is it still worthwhile to play?
also im playing toxic rain

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Zizaran ripped his 7th HC character and I've never seen him react like this before.

• 1Triggered
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Zizaran ripped his 7th HC character and I've never seen him react like this before.

Oh from yesterday, that happened 10mins after he ripped another character(this one entirely his fault, he facetanked the ice bitch tornadoes shit while standing under her hoping his spellblock would take care of it), so probably why he got angry. Also this is a bullshit rip, offscreen minions killing shit so the spider starts the detonate dead in advance and he runs into it. That monster definitely needs to get nerfed, detonate dead is retarded, white mobs will kill you in a no damage map at T15+ with a single detonate dead because of the fucked up scaling over time.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Detonate dead's a real pain in the arse this league for sure. I consume the corpses but all the same I got fucked when I killed a boss in an arena and zoned back out to the main instance, instance was in a suspended state and the shit i'd killed at the fucking arena zone in blew up straight away insta jibbing me.

it's absolutely fucking spastic that mob abilities don't get culled when you zone out of an instance.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Correct

This is a shitty game to play HC lol, like other people already mentioned you need to be like alkaizer and just play the same shit every league because it's about as safe as it can get

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I think you get moved to the regular league. I've never moved HC. But you can't keep going in HC when you die.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Kinda. Character gets moved to standard but RIP for the league. And your stuff in the bank is still there for the next character.