Path of Exile

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Tried Cobra Lash, got to T12's and hit a wall. Used all my portals and lost half a level trying and failing to kill Baran with only three socketed watchstones in that region. Switched over to Blade Vortex with a couple Cold Iron daggers and the difference is night and day and my gem level is only 14 atm. Moral of the story: Cobra Lash blows for bossing.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I tried Venom Gyre and switch back and forth with Cobra Lash. They had a cool visual effect, that turned out to be the biggest point.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I really wanted to like venom gyre based on the teaser video they did for it but it was pants to play.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Didnt plan on playing summoner, reason being screen clutter and the thought of having to resummon spectres or whatever seemed like a chore (even though i found in practice its not that big a deal because they hardly ever die).

But i saw this HoP necro and it piqued my interest because they're minions that spawn automatically and because the dps on bosses, whitout much of a currency investment, seemed so insane.. And thats despite certain of this guys awkward choices which i changed. The defining things are just 2 circle of guilt for like 60c each and 2 of the +3 to all phys spell skill gems daggers for 5c each.

What he doesnt show is that HoP is kind of awkward for mapping though because you hit like a wet noodle so it's rare to actually kill anything yourself to keep hop up so unless theres a rare mob to hit you clear with a 4-5link helmet link and the random 0-1link whatever minion.

At level 92 with still unfinalized gear, 20/20 hop, 19/0 supports Sirus died super fast, worlds apart from burning arrow atleast. Got an awakeners orb and awakened multistrike for my troubles so that was an amazing reward for my first run as the necro. I almost bricked it though, because i was unused to the minions pulling the storms i had to log out after getting cornered and then almost couldn't get back in. I thought i had got the storms figured out but the minions really added some spice to them.

Why he does that neck with blasphemy vulnerability i have no fkin clue when he can just get vulnerability on hit
Seems like a worm flask would solve that issue.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
i tried that but they usually die to a random summon first heh
If you give them a bit of fire damage they might kill stuff with ignite, which should give you credit if it still works that way. Similar if you can get them to do some poison or bleed, although that's harder since those aren't natural ailments like ignite. If you use Brutality on them you're out of luck though.

Running Culling Strike somehow would also give you some of the kills.

Alternatively equipping a good weapon in your secondary weapon set to kill stuff with every like 20secs then switching back should maybe work, not too sure how the +lvl are snapshotted though.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you give them a bit of fire damage they might kill stuff with ignite, which should give you credit if it still works that way. Similar if you can get them to do some poison or bleed, although that's harder since those aren't natural ailments like ignite. If you use Brutality on them you're out of luck though.

Running Culling Strike somehow would also give you some of the kills.

Alternatively equipping a good weapon in your secondary weapon set to kill stuff with every like 20secs then switching back should maybe work, not too sure how the +lvl are snapshotted though.

I do impale per the build guide, so trying to ignite seems like a sidetrack. It's possible that sentinels would work better with conversion but i haven't looked into it.

The culling strike idea has me pretty excited though because i had already wanted to get a kingmaker animated guardian set up. Had no idea that culling strike would attribute the kill to me though so i guess ill pull the trigger asap, had held back so far because i don't know how i need to equip and link the AG to make it survive most things (like i can unequip it before the elder deathblow "to me exile" explosion, but dont know what sort of defense it would need for sirus storms and ground degen)

would this guy survive?:

kingmaker
crafted helm with 9% extra phys dmg taken / or maybe mask of the stitched demon because i have spirit offering cwc on my cyclone
belly of the beast/gruthkul/ambu's charge
victario's flight
rare gloves
+ meatshield and cwc spirit offering
+3 level from necro and amulet but otherwise nothing because its socket in weapon.

Even if you're off by yourself? You should only need it at the start of the map. Hitting rares or the boss while you're mapping should refresh HoP minions.

its just awkward but doable ofcourse

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I do impale per the build guide, so trying to ignite seems like a sidetrack. It's possible that sentinels would work better with conversion but i haven't looked into it.

The culling strike idea has me pretty excited though because i had already wanted to get a kingmaker animated guardian set up. Had no idea that culling strike would attribute the kill to me though so i guess ill pull the trigger asap, had held back so far because i don't know how i need to equip and link the AG to make it survive most things (like i can unequip it before the elder deathblow "to me exile" explosion, but dont know what sort of defense it would need for sirus storms and ground degen)

would this guy survive?:

kingmaker
crafted helm with 9% extra phys dmg taken / or maybe mask of the stitched demon because i have spirit offering cwc on my cyclone
belly of the beast/gruthkul/ambu's charge
victario's flight
rare gloves
+ meatshield and cwc spirit offering
+3 level from necro and amulet but otherwise nothing because its socket in weapon.

its just awkward but doable ofcourse

It depends on where you take it, do not delve past 600 with an expensive animated guardian as they will get buttfucked hard. I lost 3 last league in delve.

I used rainbowstrides on mine most of the time, make sure you craft % life regen on helm alongside the phys. Get the southbound gloves that give 15% life.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Has that patch came out that the notes posted for? I am wondering if they made Sirus possible with spectres.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
It depends on where you take it, do not delve past 600 with an expensive animated guardian as they will get buttfucked hard. I lost 3 last league in delve.

I used rainbowstrides on mine most of the time, make sure you craft % life regen on helm alongside the phys. Get the southbound gloves that give 15% life.

thanks for the info

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
how The hell did you get 14k es on the WI scion? Do you have one of those 40ex mana as ES watchers eyes? I’m sitting at 9k es and with ideal gear don’t think I can get past 10.5k unless I have that jewel (which isn’t happening ). Granted I’m a ci howa build but the tree is almost identical.
And yea I’m learning 9k es is a joke even with fortify and 3 endurance charges. High red tier incursions and metamorphs and even the random blight mob are guaranteed one shots if I get touched.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
how The hell did you get 14k es on the WI scion? Do you have one of those 40ex mana as ES watchers eyes? I’m sitting at 9k es and with ideal gear don’t think I can get past 10.5k unless I have that jewel (which isn’t happening ). Granted I’m a ci howa build but the tree is almost identical.
And yea I’m learning 9k es is a joke even with fortify and 3 endurance charges. High red tier incursions and metamorphs and even the random blight mob are guaranteed one shots if I get touched.

Whats you neck looking like? I might have something amazing for you.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So do I just slam this? I can't hunter orb it cause elder base unfortunately, maybe better off just leaving empty prefix for now?

Capture.PNG

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The league would be awesome if they didn't fuck up how to spawn conquerors imo. Just tedious for no reason.

Spawning uber elder used to be easy, run T16 or 15 to pop influence in the middles, it was RNG but once influence spawned you ran 8 maps and you were done.

This is some bullshit every single fucking time. Can run 10 or 20 maps and not see a single conqueror (yes, sockets are there, no other influence on map yet etc)

You want to make it a little RNG but not tedious? YOu first conqueror after fighting sirius could have some RNG to it, but once the first one pop just make it so every map you run has 1 after that. That is STILL making you run 12 maps + whatever number you ran to spawn the first one, a very similar amount to uber elder farming.

As it is right now i've ran up to 80 maps to spawn sirius, all T15/16. I don't mind the grind cause i mean they are still worth farming, but this is too much.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The league would be awesome if they didn't fuck up how to spawn conquerors imo. Just tedious for no reason.

Spawning uber elder used to be easy, run T16 or 15 to pop influence in the middles, it was RNG but once influence spawned you ran 8 maps and you were done.

This is some bullshit every single fucking time. Can run 10 or 20 maps and not see a single conqueror (yes, sockets are there, no other influence on map yet etc)

You want to make it a little RNG but not tedious? YOu first conqueror after fighting sirius could have some RNG to it, but once the first one pop just make it so every map you run has 1 after that. That is STILL making you run 12 maps + whatever number you ran to spawn the first one, a very similar amount to uber elder farming.

As it is right now i've ran up to 80 maps to spawn sirius, all T15/16. I don't mind the grind cause i mean they are still worth farming, but this is too much.

Yeah, the length it takes to spawn Sirus is the reason I put the game on hold until toward the end of the season, when I just need to finish up the last couple challenges. It took me 64 maps to spawn Sirus the second time and 59 the 3rd. It's insane.