Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Blue league
HARbinger
HARvest

COINCIDENCE?

Probably.

Depends on the timing and mechanics but Arcanist Brand is the one that stood out to me the most.

Delerium going core and specifically how they did it is quite disappointing. Further incentivizing full juicing is bleh. Sextants, prophecies, zana mods, chisels, alchs, vaal, sac frags...fuck off.

lul, forgot conquerors too!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Blue league
HARbinger
HARvest

COINCIDENCE?

Probably.

Depends on the timing and mechanics but Arcanist Brand is the one that stood out to me the most.

Delerium going core and specifically how they did it is quite disappointing. Further incentivizing full juicing is bleh. Sextants, prophecies, zana mods, chisels, alchs, vaal, sac frags...fuck off.

HARdly

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Screenshot_20200602-173025_Chrome.jpg

Do they leave them the same or a 50% nerf

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Obviously waiting for patch notes, but I'm exciting for slam/melee. Hopefully those are the skill subset that receives the real push, not the fake-out. On that note, I still hate the obvious push for a few select archetypes for each league, but that has been a thing for a long time now and I guess it isn't going away.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol been watching mathil watching ziggyd's video with chris. does he always shit on ziggyd this much

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m thinking my plans to start cold stacking siege ballista (don’t knock it, it’s meme-ish but it destroyed last league for me and a budy) then going spellslinger necro is safe and non-new shiny.

But god I have such a hardon for 2H melee. Fuck I hope it’s good.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Delirium not being the constant means all the clusters still stacking would just be more expensive, but if you can zana/scarab/sextant mod that'd be cool.

The brand that divides each pulse reminds me of locust swarm in D3, was always my favorite chain rape skill so that sounds like an interesting pile of fun

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Last Epoch doesn't have multi-player and looking for a game to play with the step-son as i can't fucking stand FPS games so this may be a good option.

Figured we could learn abit on standard and then start new league together. Any suggestions for a duo pair of builds? Not sure how much synergy exists when grouping? Assuming we want different style so we make better use of gear drops (?). Only played POE for a brief time so most will be pretty new.

Any suggestions are appreciated! I assume he will want to go a cyclone build if those are still viable so something that would pair ok with that would be good.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
i think im gonna like this league. i think ggg knows theyve created a real beast of an issue with their refusal of putting in an AH so a league with a high emphasis on self crafting sounds awesome to me. i usually try to make my own gear anyways or atleast snipe some gear on trade that can be crafted into something better. i dunno, could be wrong and you'll have to end up trading to get the good 'grains'

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Last Epoch doesn't have multi-player and looking for a game to play with the step-son as i can't fucking stand FPS games so this may be a good option.

Figured we could learn abit on standard and then start new league together. Any suggestions for a duo pair of builds? Not sure how much synergy exists when grouping? Assuming we want different style so we make better use of gear drops (?). Only played POE for a brief time so most will be pretty new.

Any suggestions are appreciated! I assume he will want to go a cyclone build if those are still viable so something that would pair ok with that would be good.

Standards not the place to learn the game on. Trading on standards a bit different to the leagues, it can be a bit harder and depending on what you want it can be pretty expensive. You might as well just play the league, the story will be the same and the added mechanics are optional most of the time.

There's not really any class combinations that help each other out in poe. One of you can roll what's called an Aurabot. The Aurabot often doesn't really do much except provide many buffs for the other player(s) and at the same time debuffing/cursing enemys. A simple aurabot is very easy and cheap to start up, they do make the game fun in a duo. While the Aruabot can dps in a group, it's often not really viable as everything is dead. An aurabots good for cyclone as you'll get attack speed, movement speed, survivability from debuffed mobs etc.

That's the best way to play a duo in poe. I don't know any current Aurabot builds but there should be plenty of them on the poe forums.

elidib

Vyemm Raider

Gonna give slightly different advice than dizzie, because whichever of you playing the aurabot isnt going to have fun.

My suggestions are:

1. One person goes a very tanky build like molten strike jugg w/ dual nebulochs or mana guardian while the other person goes glass cannon, like arc witch (because there's a very good newbie guide for it), scourge arrow, or ice shot. playstyle: the tanky build jumps into the fray and the glass cannon stays back just a little to nuke from safety.
  2. Dual summoning builds. overwhelm everything on the screen with an army of skeletons, zombies, spectres, raging spirits, heralds, golems, skitterbots, animated weapons, or any combination of the above.

but definitely agree that you should not bother with standard. Just play league.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
There's a few pet auramancer builds out there. One could play that and the other could go full on crazy summoner or golems. That might be fun.

But I think you are right about the auramancer in general, they are not fun to play unless it's a regular group thing. But they are the most effective duo if you're looking at bossing and whatnot.

Caeden

I duo a whole lot with my best friend that also lives out of state. We have a ton of fun just playing whatever builds we’re doing. We duo a lot of maps and endgame bosses. Rarely duo leveling because of playtime differences.

I think our favorite duos have been blighted maps and simulacrums. Blighteds work a lot better in duo if one has a build that’s iffy in then alone.

Caeden

I am wanting to see what happens with arcanist brand. The thought of a VD desecrate brand combo sounds hot as did a soulrend brand. Would two brands on an enemy count such that two soulrends would hit that monster? Might be doa.

Does it cycle through spells in the expected order? Can you scale activation frequency to be awesome?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
is there a way to be slightly below max ES at all times? trying to brainstorm a build with a buncha brittle barrier gems and the eternal youth keystone theyre putting on the passive tree (was previously timeless jewel