Path of Exile

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a text recap of things somewhere for those of us who are stuck in shitty meetings?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Capture.PNG

This was the only important part.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well that was fucking nuts. Looks good. Funny watching chat's reaction to Harvest. Half was ResidentSleeper and the other half was "YES MORE HARVEST". Definitely a polarizing league.

CoC Battlemage Inquisitor's abound!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok, i take back my last post. The league mechanic of kill, gain points, buy shit, is a nice easy one. Also, I like how they compromised on Harvest. It rarely took 10 crafts to get 90% awesome items that most people loved in the league so being able to do the content for immediate crafts while looking for the big ones seems fair.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well that was fucking nuts. Looks good. Funny watching chat's reaction to Harvest. Half was ResidentSleeper and the other half was "YES MORE HARVEST". Definitely a polarizing league.

CoC Battlemage Inquisitor's abound!

I noticed that too was funny for sure.
I was thinking spellslinger cause you get to double dip but i confess i have no idea if spellslinger got too nerfed to be worth it even with this.

Ok, i take back my last post. The league mechanic of kill, gain points, buy shit, is a nice easy one. Also, I like how they compromised on Harvest. It rarely took 10 crafts to get 90% awesome items that most people loved in the league so being able to do the content for immediate crafts while looking for the big ones seems fair.

It's actually a system i think could be really good.
It kind of reminds me of delirium a bit in that you can chose how deep you want to go but they replaced the need to skip drops (and potential backtrack) just to keep up with the fog for a loot window where you even get to see if it's worth going deeper for (as in more rituals) and you don't have to stop and click splinters/loot.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I noticed that too was funny for sure.
I was thinking spellslinger cause you get to double dip but i confess i have no idea if spellslinger got too nerfed to be worth it even with this.

Spellslinger just doesn't have very good scaling with it. Added damage would just be more prefixes for a wand that probably has 3 spellcasting damage prefixes of some sort otherwise. For the opportunity cost of 2-4 ascension points, paired with another less than stellar notable, it just doesn't make sense.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I guess I was thinking inquis battle mage was intended to be cycling hard casts and attacks.

Octave

Trakanon Raider
New league/patch looks awesome.

GGG is the only game company that seems to consistently understand it's player base and launch things timely in interesting combinations.

Reusing old content in new ways like allowing players to pick and choose which league mechanic they want to focus on is smart. It provides meaningful choice and depth to the game without too much new effort.

Imagine if WoW allowed you to make meaningful progress by completing decade-old content in a new way that didn't feel re-hashed.

This is the company to look to in understanding the future of a online PvE based games. They have a wealth of new ideas here in their design choices.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I would say Cold DoT is the only Spellslinger build that can scale into the endgame. And that's only because its main damage skill doesn't require a Spellslinger support. You have to try extremely hard with RMR and LL gear to get ED/C to acceptable levels of clear and single target with Spellslinger. Every other build I've looked at falls short when trying to scale into the endgame.

Note that I'm not ruling it out for Battlemage. Need PoB updated to make that kind of judgment at the very least.

It's a real shame how quickly Spellslinger got trash heaped. IIRC, the nerfs, at least how they were explained in the manifesto, were targeting their popularity in leveling but that's pretty much all it's good for now.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
If the Scorching Ray rework is good, I'm probably going to play Righteous Fire/Scorching Ray. I don't even care how slow it is, it is my favorite build in any ARPG ever.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
New league/patch looks awesome.

GGG is the only game company that seems to consistently understand it's player base and launch things timely in interesting combinations.

Reusing old content in new ways like allowing players to pick and choose which league mechanic they want to focus on is smart. It provides meaningful choice and depth to the game without too much new effort.

Imagine if WoW allowed you to make meaningful progress by completing decade-old content in a new way that didn't feel re-hashed.

This is the company to look to in understanding the future of a online PvE based games. They have a wealth of new ideas here in their design choices.

This is a little too glowing so I have to respond and say that much of the older content is simply filler and not fun. The changes to the Atlas that allow you to make things like Torment and Strongbox way more rewarding is a start; but it remains to be seen if those paths are worth it or just more filler.

Caeden

I would say Cold DoT is the only Spellslinger build that can scale into the endgame. And that's only because its main damage skill doesn't require a Spellslinger support. You have to try extremely hard with RMR and LL gear to get ED/C to acceptable levels of clear and single target with Spellslinger. Every other build I've looked at falls short when trying to scale into the endgame.

Note that I'm not ruling it out for Battlemage. Need PoB updated to make that kind of judgment at the very least.

It's a real shame how quickly Spellslinger got trash heaped. IIRC, the nerfs, at least how they were explained in the manifesto, were targeting their popularity in leveling but that's pretty much all it's good for now.
Can you drop a cold dot SS build PoB? Planning to start it and I thought you already had one made.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can you drop a cold dot SS build PoB? Planning to start it and I thought you already had one made.

I don't have an endgame PoB as I haven't played this build to that point. My opinion on Spellslinger endgame scalability is based correlation and feel from playing just way too many builds. And also prevalence of the build in terms of recent guides and poe.ninja. There are enough for Cold Dot SS, barely any for other SS builds.

Thregin Thregin posted a LL version that looked good, maybe a few weeks ago?

• 1Like

Caeden

I don't have an endgame PoB as I haven't played this build to that point. My opinion on Spellslinger endgame scalability is based correlation and feel from playing just way too many builds. And also prevalence of the build in terms of recent guides and poe.ninja. There are enough for Cold Dot SS, barely any for other SS builds.

Thregin Thregin posted a LL version that looked good, maybe a few weeks ago?
I was planning to take it LL. Though I figured you’d have to dump ss at some point.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
My version was CI and not LL though.

Benefits that i can remember influencing my decision being:

ES on block shield with much more ES aswell and perhaps some damage mod
chaos immune so less resist pressure
Less socket pressure too without 3 extra auras in the shield (i found the socket pressure was pretty hard even as CI)
can get a +1/+1 int/cold level necklace so the damage isn't too hampered (instead of chayula neck)
with rare chest i could get ailment immunity

in essence easier to gear and more defense imo.

• 1Like

Caeden

Dump it for what? There aren't that many auras that benefit cold dot. Losing frenzy generation is almost a wash.
Yeah. I see that now. Maybe whichever sand aura gives blind.

CI would be my league start play, but it’s pretty obvious the scaling is to hit up LL on endgame.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Really looking forward to the upcoming ascendancy changes next week. Also, the ability to increase the targeted farming of certain things such as Alva temples is a really cool touch. As far as skills go, I'm curious how the new bonus to changing damage types synergizes with Elemental Hit due to its automatically rotating dmg type.

This looks to really change (potentially) what some of the more powerful abilities are.

• 1Solidarity

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
ffs, I'm going actually do the 36 challenge grind for once. A hideout seems worth it.

• 1Ding!

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I would absolutely love to reroll 5 times this league, I miss playing this game. PLEASE BE GOOD LEAGUE MECHANICS.

• 1Like