Path of Exile

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good changes imo, I wish they'd go further and really shakeup everything with more underpowered skill buffs. On the surface people are mad because some OP stuff is getting nerfed, but this leveling of the playing field is good for build diversity. Like always, reddit will bitch and there will be plenty of good builds.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
SSF fixes the trade issue :cool:
Think I've asked this before but not sure, SSF doesn't actually do anything different with drops does it? So in essence, you can play whatever league and just "be" ssf if you dont want to trade yeah?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think I've asked this before but not sure, SSF doesn't actually do anything different with drops does it? So in essence, you can play whatever league and just "be" ssf if you dont want to trade yeah?

Yes. I do it in the hardcore leagues every time. Basically trade for nothing but if I'm getting frustrated like putting thousands of fusings into something without 6Ling it, I give up and buy it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Pseudo SSF is what I usually do. I only trade when I know getting the item I want by myself is not feasible(3+ T2 affix rare, really rare uniques, etc) or will try my patience more than trading will(6L items).

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have no problem with what the patch notes *ACTUALLY* say. They mis-hyped the ascendancy and skill changes though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pretty nothing burger patch notes. And I thought last leagues patch notes were empty. They must really be working on 2.0 at this point I imagine.

Static Strike 3 seconds instead of 2! WOWWWEEE!!!!!!!!!! Zappin's back on the menu!

Judge_Mental

Trakanon Raider
Let's show off frost bomb early to set expectations, cool. Release patch notes with 3? gems receiving the same kind of impact and most just being changes to castrate aura stacking. We got Path of Decimal! They should have never used this as marquee anchor change for the league.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Man.. everything I had been hoping to play got castrated it looks like. I may just end up doing a bleed glad myself. Reave got a buff so maybe see if that will work instead of earthquake.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They basically just gutted OP meta's that caused the have and have-not reddit QQ's. Nothing got uber buffed BECAUSE almost every time they buff a skill it becomes to powerful. So they basically just turned down the Super shit and left most of the other stuff the same or added small QoL type stuff.

People won't understand, but this is probably the right way to shape skill balance. A LOT of these skills are viable, but they're not "AS GOOD" as the other shit. Like Mathil said about Lightning Strike today, it's always been viable. It's a good skill and they just buffed it and people are saying it's not enough. But did they play Lightning Strike? Doubtful. They just heard from other people it wasn't good because you should just use X or Y instead.

The best approach to balance is to bring everything down to the "decent" level instead of having some skills go Super Saiyan and other skills get blasted into oblivion. With these moderate changes and the pretty decent Ascendancy changes (albeit an overall damage nerf for a lot, but just %increased damage which is whatever) it actually looks like one of the more balanced leagues. How do you know? Usually you can see in the replies "OH (ASCENDANCY/SKILL) IS GOING TO BE OP!!!!!!" and it happens. I haven't seen that. I have seen a bunch of "I wonder if X or X or X is better with the new Y".

Definitely interested in seeing the new PoE Ninja stats a couple weeks into the league. Still guessing Necros are big dickin and Tricksters die off greatly.

• 1Like

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya, I do think spectres will be OK but will take a lot more investment than previously which I think wont make it attractive for league start. Tornado shot deadeye buffed is interesting, but I've never played it, so not sure how much it is. Ele hit elementalist with the new tri-whatever support may be interesting as well. I just wonder how well these play in boss arenas.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So with how ele hit cycles, wouldn’t wild strike be better for the triumvirate support or whatever it’s called?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They buffed Skeleton mages a lot though, so they might become the new shit. Skeletons are nice because they don't need fancy shit if they die like spectres, you just press the button again and make more. 50% more dmg and double proj speed are quite hefty buffs for them. That said I don't know how good/bad they were before the buffs so could be they're still shit, but it's definitely one of the things I'm considering for this league. I also kinda wanted some ignite elementalist shit maybe but they removed innate ignite prolif. I guess the support is pretty good nowadays though so probably still viable, I just need to pob it a bit see if it can come out at a decent damage or if I'm just wasting my time(probably, my ignite builds have capped out on dmg way too early in the past).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does the 75% more cast speed from inquis work with winter orb? Orb says "increases" in cast speed, not sure if "more" counts in that regard?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
What makes Bladeblast assassin so amazing this league? I was a BB Chieftan last league and was almost invincible. I love the playstyle and I'll start with BB Assassin, but I dont know what makes it so good this league compared to last.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
1610502128129.png

That made me laugh.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What makes Bladeblast assassin so amazing this league? I was a BB Chieftan last league and was almost invincible. I love the playstyle and I'll start with BB Assassin, but I dont know what makes it so good this league compared to last.
Who's saying that?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
They buffed Skeleton mages a lot though, so they might become the new shit. Skeletons are nice because they don't need fancy shit if they die like spectres, you just press the button again and make more. 50% more dmg and double proj speed are quite hefty buffs for them. That said I don't know how good/bad they were before the buffs so could be they're still shit, but it's definitely one of the things I'm considering for this league. I also kinda wanted some ignite elementalist shit maybe but they removed innate ignite prolif. I guess the support is pretty good nowadays though so probably still viable, I just need to pob it a bit see if it can come out at a decent damage or if I'm just wasting my time(probably, my ignite builds have capped out on dmg way too early in the past).

Honestly I played skele mages last year(maybe two years? I'm getting old) and they could have given a 100% damage buff and I don't think it would have been enough.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why not just go whole hog and nerf the shit outta hh too. Wonder what people would chase if they did do that