Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They buffed Skeleton mages a lot though, so they might become the new shit. Skeletons are nice because they don't need fancy shit if they die like spectres, you just press the button again and make more. 50% more dmg and double proj speed are quite hefty buffs for them. That said I don't know how good/bad they were before the buffs so could be they're still shit, but it's definitely one of the things I'm considering for this league. I also kinda wanted some ignite elementalist shit maybe but they removed innate ignite prolif. I guess the support is pretty good nowadays though so probably still viable, I just need to pob it a bit see if it can come out at a decent damage or if I'm just wasting my time(probably, my ignite builds have capped out on dmg way too early in the past).
DoT builds are in a pretty good place these days. Bleed, poison, chaos, burn, ignite, cold, all of it really. Ignite really benefits from medium clusters however, that might have been where your scaling fell off.

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking of trying Wild Strike Raider first off maybe with the new trinity support depending on how that turns out. If it's not great, I'll maybe just do lightning only and see how that goes. Stack flat damage with the crazy attack speed from Onslaught + Onslaught effectiveness and then Phasing + Tri-Ele exposure seems like it would be the hotness for decent damage and decent survivability.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I played Cobra Lash the league it was introduced, it was really nice at clearing but by the time I hit red maps it's bossing was starting to lag behind. It's got the fun factor though which is pretty important and with the changes with might be decent I guess. It got me through the story with ease, so it's probably a decent starter but it won't be breaking any records for speed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thregin Thregin

Played around with Hexblast, Blasphemy support, and Vixen's Entrapment last night in game. The curse rework is full of all kinds of clunk. I think the only way to get smooth clear is to ignore GGG's intended curse->Hexblast every pack and go with a Blasphemy supported curse. With 40% hex area on the tree, it's 45 units plus the area of Hexblast itself(whatever that is). That's honestly not bad. Once you get an Impresense and Windshriek, you can push that to 60 units and a bigger Hexblast. I also want to say Hexblast targets nearby cursed enemies even if there are uncursed enemies closer to your cursor.

Vixen's Entrapment is kinda disappointing. 1 piece of gear just to get 1-2 extra curses and a bit of QoL? You still want to self cast Flammability for Doom but you can socket it in your Vixen's(to share supports like Enhance) because then it becomes triggerable only.

Anyway, 1M dps ignites on shitty starter gear. Those numbers should go up 20% just from the patch alone. Endgame should be around 10M dps.

I couldn't find a reason to use Impending Doom.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I played Cobra Lash the league it was introduced, it was really nice at clearing but by the time I hit red maps it's bossing was starting to lag behind. It's got the fun factor though which is pretty important and with the changes with might be decent I guess. It got me through the story with ease, so it's probably a decent starter but it won't be breaking any records for speed.
I’d be tempted to use Embalmer (I think) or some shaper gloves for a 5-6L lash then run a 6L viper strike or whichever one is powerful for ST damage. In fact I’m probably going to do just that for a build at some point

So I was trying to figure out how to do a penance brand raider since you get so much cast speed. Seems like a long trek for Runebinder, but the pathing isn’t bad in that you pass a lot of brand, crit, life, and phase acro nodes. I tried grabbing the cold conversion nodes nearby too. Scale crit and generic elemental damage. Also kept feeling tempted to turn it into a TES build. I don’t want to make anything that expensive.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I’d be tempted to use Embalmer (I think) or some shaper gloves for a 5-6L lash then run a 6L viper strike or whichever one is powerful for ST damage. In fact I’m probably going to do just that for a build at some point

So I was trying to figure out how to do a penance brand raider since you get so much cast speed. Seems like a long trek for Runebinder, but the pathing isn’t bad in that you pass a lot of brand, crit, life, and phase acro nodes. I tried grabbing the cold conversion nodes nearby too. Scale crit and generic elemental damage. Also kept feeling tempted to turn it into a TES build. I don’t want to make anything that expensive.
The amount of cast speed on Raider isn't unique. Movement, maybe(I think Pathfinder can match it), but Trickster can come close or beat it depending on how you count frenzy charges and Swift Killer. My point being that Penance Brand Raider doesn't actually open up anything new.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thregin Thregin

Played around with Hexblast, Blasphemy support, and Vixen's Entrapment last night in game. The curse rework is full of all kinds of clunk. I think the only way to get smooth clear is to ignore GGG's intended curse->Hexblast every pack and go with a Blasphemy supported curse. With 40% hex area on the tree, it's 45 units plus the area of Hexblast itself(whatever that is). That's honestly not bad. Once you get an Impresense and Windshriek, you can push that to 60 units and a bigger Hexblast. I also want to say Hexblast targets nearby cursed enemies even if there are uncursed enemies closer to your cursor.

Vixen's Entrapment is kinda disappointing. 1 piece of gear just to get 1-2 extra curses and a bit of QoL? You still want to self cast Flammability for Doom but you can socket it in your Vixen's(to share supports like Enhance) because then it becomes triggerable only.

Anyway, 1M dps ignites on shitty starter gear. Those numbers should go up 20% just from the patch alone. Endgame should be around 10M dps.

I couldn't find a reason to use Impending Doom.

You think this is going to be your starter build? It definetly has satisfying damage numbers in the ideal case.

Ya i found those hex uniques pretty unnapealing just based of the lack of life/mana etc.
Is Doomsday no good compared to ramping doom faster with the hexmaster wheel?
So did you find it smooth to play then once you ignored the self cast cursing for normal mapping, even if the dps seems to be around 1/10 or so with 0 doom and just the blashpemy curse. Or thats what it looks like in PoB to me atleast

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone who played Heist, how rare were alt quality gems? I'm thinking of a build but I'd need an alt quality main skill for it to function properly so not entirely sure how easy it'd be to get.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone who played Heist, how rare were alt quality gems? I'm thinking of a build but I'd need an alt quality main skill for it to function properly so not entirely sure how easy it'd be to get.
You find them in the "unusual gems" kind of blueprint/grand heist (theres 5 different kinds of blueprints). With 2-4 wings in each blueprint where you can pick 1 gem (or the gem quality transforming currency) out of 5 in each wing.
Considering how many alt gems there are its basically impossible to find the one you want on your own.
In trade league it shouldnt be too hard to buy it though, but probably not too soon and not something i'd bet my league starter on. Especially because people need to grind their rouge mercenaries levels before they can do grand heists and we don't know how rare blueprints are going to be.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You think this is going to be your starter build? It definetly has satisfying damage numbers in the ideal case.

Ya i found those hex uniques pretty unnapealing just based of the lack of life/mana etc.
Is Doomsday no good compared to ramping doom faster with the hexmaster wheel?
So did you find it smooth to play then once you ignored the self cast cursing for normal mapping, even if the dps seems to be around 1/10 or so with 0 doom and just the blashpemy curse. Or thats what it looks like in PoB to me atleast
I'm going to try it as my starter unless someone pokes some holes in it. The raw EHP and sustain looks great, but the mitigation(phys resist, block, dodge, evasion, armor) aren't that good.

I didn't see a point to Doomsday if I wasn't self cast cursing packs. On bosses, even with a max doom of 50, your curses will get to max doom well before your current ignite ends. So the cycle becomes hexblast -> flammability -> run around for ~3s/maintain WoC/whatever -> repeat. I saw Doomsday as something for direct damage builds, but I'll admit I might be wrong here.

I'll admit I didn't test out red level mapping. My play session was short, so my intent was more to see if blasphemy Hexblast could be smooth and not ass. You raise a good point in that obviously a minimum dps is needed to for not ass as well. 100k dps on a dot build I think should be enough, but I'll admit I didn't test it.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Depends on the gem. The datamine sites have the weightings for using orbs. For the most part, the lowest weighted one had the lowest actual drop rate.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

With the more damage per remaining chain built in to the gem and getting the last bit of phys>chaos conversion on pathfinder now it might actually have the single target it was lacking before.

I plan to find out for sure, but even if it fails a pivot to pestilent strike would not be difficult.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah nvm I misread some of the patch notes/gem description shit anyway, I read firestorm 100% more area of effect as 100% more damage for area of effect and thought the part about the change to hits and ailments was on that, so I thought it was 250% more damage and then another 100% more damage, which would put it ahead of fireball for ignites using an alt quality gem for 60% more damage(at the cost of the small hits but irrelevant for ignite build). Instead it's just worse than fireball at both ignite(expected) but also direct hits? Why is this shit doing so little damage, makes no fucking sense, the big meteor does 906 dmg(with the alt quality, 1061 dmg and that means no other hits), while fireball does 1369? Fucking monkey balancing this shit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah nvm I misread some of the patch notes/gem description shit anyway, I read firestorm 100% more area of effect as 100% more damage for area of effect and thought the part about the change to hits and ailments was on that, so I thought it was 250% more damage and then another 100% more damage, which would put it ahead of fireball for ignites using an alt quality gem for 60% more damage(at the cost of the small hits but irrelevant for ignite build). Instead it's just worse than fireball at both ignite(expected) but also direct hits? Why is this shit doing so little damage, makes no fucking sense, the big meteor does 906 dmg(with the alt quality, 1061 dmg and that means no other hits), while fireball does 1369? Fucking monkey balancing this shit.
What always kills fireball builds for me: it requires 2 non-damage support gems to clear well(GMP and fork or chain or pierce).

Firestorm requires maybe one support for good clear? I haven't looked at it much, but I was thinking spell cascade is all it needs.

Thregin Thregin

PoB updated for 3.13. Elementalist(yeah yeah, I could have hacked this in earlier...) looking quite nice. That 60% inc ae for clear....you can push blasphemy despair to almost 70 units. No idea how big that will make Hexblast, assholes won't release that information.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Trinity support looks nuts.

You could just play elemental hit raider and faceroll the world I imagine

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users