Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Bex said:
The trade site was being negatively affected by a third party tool. At one point 50% of our trade site traffic was coming from this tool. We’ve temporarily blocked it to fix the issue and spoken to the developer to let them the know the problem. The trade site should be working okay again now.

So, ultimately this is GGG's fault for creating an environment that would encourage this. Do you know the approximate value of more than a handful of items? Will this lead to GGG creating something closer to an AH? Will this lead to GGG introducing less clutter each league? Survey says...probably not. I'm betting a more restricted API.

I'd also be remiss in not pointing out this is the economic version of a HH or Aura Stacking. 1% fucking it up for the rest. I've never used any of the new addons, I'm still on the original trade macro. I won't deny that the newer tools have some cool functionality, just haven't been annoyed enough to switch. Tab rotation sells 90% of my stuff, I don't have to price check that often. I more often consider playing SSF because fuck trade than switch to an easier to use trading tool.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've played like 3 leagues now without any trade macro/addon, AMA.

It's really not that bad once you've played a few leagues and have a feel for what good items look like. 99% of everything you find is trash and you're just wasting time trying to trade macro it. People also pick up way too much junk in the first place. After the first 72 hours or so IDing random rares is actually a deficit to your farm speed on a long enough timeline. I hate it and think it's the biggest problem in the game, but it is what it is and if you're concerned about efficiency or making money you really just have to accept it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Even if you only pick up the rares the very strict filter says to, ID them, don't even look at them, and toss them into a decaying tab rotation?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
In the world of harvest crafting an influence items, probably? There's not a lot a regular rare can roll to be worth more than a handful of chaos at this point.

I still grab premium bases here and there and leave it all in a huge quad tab and then i'll pick through it a bit for gear for rerolls sometimes. But what are you gonna find off random IDs? Trires/movespeed boots? What are those even worth now, 5c? At best it's all just crafting bases for harvest now

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
ronne ronne Did you notice that he's using Frost Blink to reposition while Frost Bomb is repeating? IMO, that's the only way you don't make the clear not leave too many stragglers. Still a slow janky build. Cast, rooted, frost blink, root, then you can move again.

All the new stuff tried this league has turned out a bust. Archmage Hexblast Ignite was probably the best of the bunch, but I didn't like running into Hexproof rares and tickling them to death. Someone give me something new to fuck around with!

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
People who have been playing a long time, what have been some of your favorite builds and favorite skills ever? Anything ever surprise you and turn out awesome even though you thought you’d hate it?
Took me forever to get going in this game, also dealing with RL stuff so I started this as a complete ass noob almost two years ago and quit at like level 30 and again around 55. Came back months ago and for some reason it all clicked, hit maps, got hooked, fucking amazing. Then realized the skill I picked (was noob and felt good and just liked it and it was working) was Ice Shot and was absolutely stupid fucking expensive to get decent and I wasn’t even aware of the dex stacking route so I ended up just stacking crit and ele dmg and whatever else I could and after like 60-80ex invested it’s pretty solid as fuck and I still love it. That being said, it was a nightmare to learn all the basics of PoE while also having a difficult and expensive build to scale. I didn’t care for the Acts enough to try and reroll even when I realized what I got myself into and was determined to make it work and I’m glad I did. Now I’m playing Ritual and just went Bleed Bow glad because I like bow play style and it all feels good and smooth to me.
Now I’m looking to branch out for my next build but so many things look super clunky or overly complex in a strange way I don’t really want to deal with or expensive. I can deal with some of that though if the build is super fucking fun and worth it. Basically my only absolutely not builds I will likely never play are things that require zero input essentially (like BV) or mines/detonation. I’m also on console at the moment so some things are just not very fun on console compared to PC in terms of smoothness. Honestly though, 95% of everything functions just fine and I don’t notice.
I see so many cool ass skills and trees and ideas and then I dig deeper and find out that, yeah, it’s cool, but it’s fucking useless and has never been good or viable and likely never will be and it’s kind of a bummer.
Just curious on what you guys have found interesting and what ranks among your all time favorite builds. Can be league starters or standard endgame god builds or whatever, I’m just interested in what other people enjoy so I can maybe find something off the beaten path. Most of the YouTube video recommended builds and guides etc and like all the exact same shit with a couple minor tweaks, for the most part. Except for Jousis the madman god and shit like that obviously.
edit; I just want to say another problem as a relative newcomer is that a lot of guides and stuff are not super honest. Almost fucking everything is labeled ‘Amazing league start’ ‘1 Jeweler Orb budget’ ‘ALL CONTENT!’ ‘FIFTY MILLION FUCKING DPS ON A LEVEL 3 RARE’ and yeah they are mostly full of shit for one reason or another lmao. Some are legit and I get it but it gets hard to sift through.

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
ronne ronne thought I'd share from my valdo's maven 10. Might not be the best damage, but this build is tanky as holy fuck. Don't laugh at the 2nd life flask. That's a meme.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
AladainAF AladainAF What's your poe profile? I'd be interested to see how much you were able to scale explodey chest while still going crit.

Crit is more just an afterthought in the build. My gear also very much sucks other than the BP. I did get a "decent" sceptre today, but it's still nothing amazing. The BP is the only amazing thing in the build.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
eXarc eXarc quite honestly, chieftain blade fall/blade blast is probably by far the easiest time i've had in poe league starting. After that minions during blight (they were uber powerful then), and then probably VD. VD is nice, but the clear took time. It caught me by surprise because ED/Contagion was somewhat fun but I hated the boss fights, and I hated how the two skill combo worked. BF/BB feels much better though, I think there's just more synergy and the fact that BF actually does decent damage on its own matters too.

BF/BB is somewhat janky, because it's easy to get spell locked with BF but once you get the timing going and you get a little cast speed it becomes much more manageable. Once you have an explody chest, and good solid skill tree (with thread of hope, etc) you can clear most maps minus the solo rares, with only BB and don't need to even BF at all.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only skill i've played twice so far is Flicker strike. It's not for everyone but i love it enough to play it twice. It's expensive to gear well though.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I didn't play during the Delirium league and I'm trying to figure out the details of how delirium works. A lot of the videos that I've found on Youtube are clearly from early in the league and folks seem unsure about a few things. I understand how the fog works now, but I'm curious about the kills. Is it only the Delirium mobs that count towards the rewards, or do the normal mobs in the zone advance the counter as well? I'm trying to figure out if I should clear the zone first and then kick off the event, or if I should start it as early as possible.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I didn't play during the Delirium league and I'm trying to figure out the details of how delirium works. A lot of the videos that I've found on Youtube are clearly from early in the league and folks seem unsure about a few things. I understand how the fog works now, but I'm curious about the kills. Is it only the Delirium mobs that count towards the rewards, or do the normal mobs in the zone advance the counter as well? I'm trying to figure out if I should clear the zone first and then kick off the event, or if I should start it as early as possible.

Start the event first, blow everything up, move into the things on the ground that spawn mobs and try to get the boss down before the fog ends. Delirious maps differ in that you'll get reward drops at your feet each time you level the rewards up rather than at the end.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
ronne ronne AladainAF AladainAF why are you guys using Unleash with Bladefall? In absolute throughput, isn't Spell Echo better? Or are you running around and dodging often enough that the slow seal regeneration(relative to Spell Echo) doesn't matter?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can’t seem to get myself to login. And when I do, I tab and surf the web. So I think I’m done with this build. I think I want to try something with BV.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
ronne ronne AladainAF AladainAF why are you guys using Unleash with Bladefall? In absolute throughput, isn't Spell Echo better? Or are you running around and dodging often enough that the slow seal regeneration(relative to Spell Echo) doesn't matter?

It doesn't matter really. Also BF is a pretty slow cast, so I would think with spell echo it would be really really janky as opposed to somewhat janky.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It doesn't matter really. Also BF is a pretty slow cast, so I would think with spell echo it would be really really janky as opposed to somewhat janky.
ACKCHYUALLY, they're about equally janky. This is one of those areas where PoE is maddeningly inconsistent and opaque. Everyone knows that Spell Echo means you're in for 2 casts no matter what. Unleash has what Mark_GGG terms as "turnback" time. For each repeat, you pay for 10% of the original's cast time. Minefield support has this same mechanic and why it's really slow until you get some mine throwing speed.

I do agree that BF is really slow and it's part of why I gave up on the my BF/BB Chieftan during Harvest. I like your idea of clearing with BB though. Gonna try that with Impulsa/Storm's Gift first, see if it works on the cheap.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I think part of the reason you use unleash instead of spell echo is that you can only have so many blades on the ground at one time but unleash you can cast during the unleashed casts so if you blade fall and then immediately blade blast as it starts to explode the blades as more fall down it'll explode those as well so theoretically even though you can only have 40 blades on the screen at once you can blow up more than 40 because it's triggering them in sequence

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think part of the reason you use unleash instead of spell echo is that you can only have so many blades on the ground at one time but unleash you can cast during the unleashed casts so if you blade fall and then immediately blade blast as it starts to explode the blades as more fall down it'll explode those as well so theoretically even though you can only have 40 blades on the screen at once you can blow up more than 40 because it's triggering them in sequence
That's interesting, did not know that. I thought only instant cast spells could be cast while other non-instant cast spells were...casting.