Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
ronne ronne @AladainAF why are you guys using Unleash with Bladefall? In absolute throughput, isn't Spell Echo better? Or are you running around and dodging often enough that the slow seal regeneration(relative to Spell Echo) doesn't matter?

I use both, ALL THE BLADES.

But for real it doesn't really matter all that much. Unleash feels less shitty to me than the hard lock that echo does for whatever reason, so I've stuck with unleash. For general clear you don't even cast blade blast that often, and casting 0-1 seal bladefalls is usually enough while running around so it tends to be faster in that regard.

The big 3 seal unleashes are pretty clunk though sometimes during boss fights, but the damage is nuts when it all stacks up like that.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Favorite builds for me in ~7 years:

Cyclone anything (pure physical is best)
Spectres (Spell caster spectres) with Montregul Zombies
Bladefall/Bladeblast Kitava's Thirst Chieftan

I logged on Standard to test some Battlemage stuff on a character and hopped over to my Harvest BF/BB Chieftan for a second. Fucking insane. His AE from Bladeblast is almost the entire hideout. Truly a magnificient beast! I think I calculated his damage to something like 32m Shaper dps on one of the A8 Conq fights back in Harvest as each A8 Conq has 32million hp and the fight was juuuust about 1 second.

Cyclone has been OP and anything-friendly since it's launched and through the nerfs it has still held steady as one of the best melee abilities in game.

Spectres are just really nice for getting going with little to no gear and map clear. Bossing they can suck, but you can get yourself so much defense as you basically don't have to worry about offense at all.

I also like fucking around with CoC builds, but I've had few that had any sort of survivability and damage scaling can be tricky. I did play Mathil's Fakener before I even know who he did way back when I played in HC and besides ripping a 6L Voll's Protector at some point it was a really great build. If some one wanted to try out CoC builds I'd definitely look for a solid guide first.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Is it me or has performance gone to shit again? The game ran pretty smooth last league, but quite shite this league.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gryph's burning witch build is actually pretty fun. I love Cyclone builds, and this one is Cyclone CoC VD. One of my previous favorite builds was his CwC VD using scold's, and this scales a lot better. Even with just the bare minimums to get it working it has been surprisingly strong.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is it me or has performance gone to shit again? The game ran pretty smooth last league, but quite shite this league.

Performance is actually pathetic and they should be embarrassed how bad it's gotten. Every patch is worse than the last without fail.

You basically cannot build a better machine than I have currently (5800x/3090) and the game still drops under 60fps during some maps (mostly rituals and big fat deliriums). For an 8 year old game that looks like a potato even at max everything.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i logged in right after the latest patch went live and things were fine then.
Now like 12 hours later the game crashes after about a minute. Tried lowering graphics and switching between dx11 and vulcan and rebooting the computer but nothing has helped so far.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have no idea how to calculate shaper dps. It would be nice to see how I stack up in that area. I am still missing 2 main dps items though: +damage corrupted kaoms and a double corrupted frostferno (hell even single would be nice) They are rather expensive though

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Gryph's burning witch build is actually pretty fun. I love Cyclone builds, and this one is Cyclone CoC VD. One of my previous favorite builds was his CwC VD using scold's, and this scales a lot better. Even with just the bare minimums to get it working it has been surprisingly strong.
I’m intrigued.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I have no idea how to calculate shaper dps. It would be nice to see how I stack up in that area. I am still missing 2 main dps items though: +damage corrupted kaoms and a double corrupted frostferno (hell even single would be nice) They are rather expensive though

There's a dropdown in PoB to change the enemy type to a shaper/guardian.

The biggest difference is those mobs have a big chunk of elemental resistance/armor compared to normal mobs. If you want to be honest about it you also want to untick your flasks, and often times your frenzy/endurance/power charges depending on how you generate them (on kill for example is very unreliable during bosses etc).

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So i logged in right after the latest patch went live and things were fine then.
Now like 12 hours later the game crashes after about a minute. Tried lowering graphics and switching between dx11 and vulcan and rebooting the computer but nothing has helped so far.
After yesterday's patch, my game crashes every time the loot filter sound assigned to chaos orbs and that tier of currency goes off....

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Performance is actually pathetic and they should be embarrassed how bad it's gotten. Every patch is worse than the last without fail.

You basically cannot build a better machine than I have currently (5800x/3090) and the game still drops under 60fps during some maps (mostly rituals and big fat deliriums). For an 8 year old game that looks like a potato even at max everything.
I get occasional sub-60 drops on particularly hectic rituals, but other than that it's running 75-100 fps at 3440x1440. Haven't tried anything like a 100% delirium map, but the random ones I come across don't really change fps much at all. That's running on a 3600 and 5700XT, with Vulkan.

Have you tried messing with Shadows+GI Quality? Like I mentioned a few days ago, if I put that on Ultra it drops my fps to 35, High barely hits 60 just standing in my HO, and Low ranges between 75 and 100 (I have it capped at monitor refresh, and am using Freesync 2) while mapping. I can't tell the difference visually either. Shadows look like ass in PoE regardless of Low or Ultra, and GI doesn't look any better/worse either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
UPDATE: I like the mjolnir build I'm running, but it seems like the biggest sticking point is attack speed. I try to get it everywhere, and it's just not enough to even get CLOSE to 6APS. The base speed just blows. I can handle the attribute requirements, hell with the Inquis ascendancy with +50 to stats it's actually a benefit to stack both pretty high. But goddamn that attack speed just sucks and the build feels SO much better with at least 4.5+APS which doesn't happen now without everything up/popped.

Now to find some gear that reliably generates frenzy charges. I think using CWDT + cold snap isn't going to cut it for much more harder content.

On the bright side, I'm melting map bosses and the first Baran encounter in a few seconds unless the map is super juiced with HP mods. That and decreased regen/recovery mods are a real RIP waiting to happen.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been playing on and off since 2013 and finally dropped a mirror. What’s the flavor of the month op build to replace aura stacker this league? Am looking to convert this mirror into face roll maven kills

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Are you related to Wizardhawk?
Let's cool it with the personal attacks there, sheesh.

And no, he's not a skeleton. IIRC, the corona thread freaked him out back in April and he went on hiatus from the forum. But I think he's still around the various games people play around here? Not sure on that one.