Path of Exile

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol they blended sirus into maven. Just beat a8 sirus last night and every meteor phase would blink out after a second or so. Failed once but managed to memorize the exits after that! Dear god when are they going to fix this, it’s just embarrassing at this point .
Oh and ‘everlasting fire’ forget about it, maybe one in four times does sirus texture load in time to see which is the real one. Lose so much dps cuz of that

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I'm only a few days into the league and I'm already burned out on it. I hit this same point during Harvest, and probably other leagues w/o major atlas changes or a new farmable zone. Leagues such as this feel what I imagine playing on standard is like. It's also due to ultimatums not being nearly as rewarding as other league content has been; I had better rewards from ritual before I hit maps than I have gotten mapping to 32 watch stones in Ultimatum.

Until I did filled-vessels, even ritual was fairly poor on rewards after the apparent week 1 or 2 stealth nerf. But the Maven content made up for it. Granted, rituals also feel more streamlined for mapping than ultimatums do.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm only a few days into the league and I'm already burned out on it. I hit this same point during Harvest, and probably other leagues w/o major atlas changes or a new farmable zone. Leagues such as this feel what I imagine playing on standard is like. It's also due to ultimatums not being nearly as rewarding as other league content has been; I had better rewards from ritual before I hit maps than I have gotten mapping to 32 watch stones in Ultimatum.

Until I did filled-vessels, even ritual was fairly poor on rewards after the apparent week 1 or 2 stealth nerf. But the Maven content made up for it. Granted, rituals also feel more streamlined for mapping than ultimatums do.

Thats interesting that you found ritual more streamlined, personally I think mechanically ultimatum is better than ritual because it's "snappier". For example you never run into the issue of an invisible mob you have to search for and you never feel locked in by having to search for your 2nd-4th ritual so you didnt waste the first ritual you did. It's difficult to compare rewards to last league because they changed so much of loot in the whole game for this league.

Pretty burned out too

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Thats interesting that you found ritual more streamlined, personally I think mechanically ultimatum is better than ritual because it's "snappier". For example you never run into the issue of an invisible mob you have to search for and you never feel locked in by having to search for your 2nd-4th ritual so you didnt waste the first ritual you did. It's difficult to compare rewards to last league because they changed so much of loot in the whole game for this league.

Pretty burned out too
IMO, the random mob left in Rituals is rarer than the stand in the stones Ultimatum. Ultimatum is a great idea but the implementation is lacking. The end game should have been an unlimited wave event with Simulacrum level of rewards. Instead, they decided to run Ritual and this version of Ultimatum back to back and include the harvest nerf, which is beyond me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
God stand in the stones as a char that isn't tanky as fuck was an awful experience, I nope right the hell out of that one if I see it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I prefer Ultimatum mechanically but in Ritual there was always some map fragments or currency to buy. I ended up with a big pile of scarabs and other bits of map fragments/currency and really liked having a bunch of glitter to mess around with. This league I just have less of everything.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I still have a drive to play but I've only rerolled 0.5 times(ditched bleedstorm character in mid 50s, could already tell the clear was going to suck). Only thing I've wanted to try is Relic of the Pact, but not sure why I'm not that interested yet.

Atziri Staff builds I've seen streamers trying have been duds, but that was obvious from the item's inception.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

The type of game that you and I enjoy playing is gone, I'm feeling the same shit as you.

This shit is so fucking boring, I might not even make it to 10 challenges this league.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I may have found an exploitable--granted, it involves RNG--ultimatum farming strat. It may even make standing in the stones the best Ultimatum. Nemesis and Hunted Traitor sextants + nemesis map + standing in the stones ultimatum. I didn't think about it until after I finished standing in the stones but it gave me more loot than the other two ultimatums I had done. If one has a build that can face tank the trash forever one may end up with a bannable loot explosion. Mobs keep spawning the entire time one is not in the stones, afaik; with tons of rares.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
They capped rares with yesterday's patch.
Too bad. But, the standing stones event may allow one to hit the cap where the others don't. Could have been RNG but the loot explosion was noticeably larger than the kill or survive events.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The type of game that you and I enjoy playing is gone, I'm feeling the same shit as you.

This shit is so fucking boring, I might not even make it to 10 challenges this league.
Still that doesn’t explain how me, who doesn’t do what you guys do and just wants to boss and map at endgame for shits and giggles, am as burnt out as you mega-farmers.

I just feel like the ability to tweak pieces I find or my traded shit is gone so now I’m back to picking up dimes and quarters to give someone for something. Which, I mean, I’ve always managed to clear all the content and build builds capable of 100% delirium but it doesn’t seem fun anymore.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
You played the game before Delirium.

Yes I did, and I lived in the world before the internet. That doesn't necessarily mean I want to go back.

They built the game toward a specific direction, and acclimated the player base to certain things, and certain play styles and in one patch ripped most of that away. The game is still going to be fun for a decent amount of the player base, but its going to be less fun for a large amount of the player base as well and many are dropping out like I am. In fact I bet if you look at steam charts, the drop off is probably faster than some of the past few leagues.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Still that doesn’t explain how me, who doesn’t do what you guys do and just wants to boss and map at endgame for shits and giggles, am as burnt out as you mega-farmers.

I just feel like the ability to tweak pieces I find or my traded shit is gone so now I’m back to picking up dimes and quarters to give someone for something. Which, I mean, I’ve always managed to clear all the content and build builds capable of 100% delirium but it doesn’t seem fun anymore.

Every change they made didn't effect ONLY the mega farmers. I was just talking specifically to Kythik about why he and I are not feeling it this league.

• 2Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Harvest made item progression so much more interesting and enjoyable. Get a cool shaped item with 3 really great mods and a ton of shit ones? Savable.

Harvest made a lot of builds viable. Evidenced above by 2h hammer spectral throw raider. Of course it trivialized this game. Is that such a bad thing? You still needed a pretty good fuckton of knowledge to make use of it. Noobs weren't rolling into this game creating 6 T1 shaped rares. The RNG is so varied in this game its insane. Nobody has time for strict RNG, especially when you have a game with seasons and it all restarts anyway. The league is meant to be broken by end of month 3/4. 4+ builds that can shitfarm anything.

Deterministic loot was the right step in this game. They completely bungled the change. They should've gone after the end game and tuned it to be more balanced and varied with uber tiered and mirror tiered builds. That would've been the step in the right direction.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yes I did, and I lived in the world before the internet. That doesn't necessarily mean I want to go back.

They built the game toward a specific direction, and acclimated the player base to certain things, and certain play styles and in one patch ripped most of that away. The game is still going to be fun for a decent amount of the player base, but its going to be less fun for a large amount of the player base as well and many are dropping out like I am. In fact I bet if you look at steam charts, the drop off is probably faster than some of the past few leagues.
Fair enough, my original comment was a weak argument.

I can never tell what their long term intentions are. The same company did the following in chronological order:
  1. Introduced Fractured 100% Delirious Map farming, 3.10
  2. Introduced Fractured Currency Blueprint farming, 3.12
  3. Introduced Beast split Currency Blueprint farming, despite seeing where the economy was heading with the previous step and Reddit shouting at them what would happen(Narrator: it did), 3.12.x
  4. Effectively reverted cheap Blueprint farming by forcing reveals on copies, 3.13
  5. Prevented endless copying of any item via split and fractured tags, 3.14
Just within that list itself, there is tons of inconsistency. And it's not like these were opaque and complex decisions. If they didn't like fractured deli farming, they should have done something about it in 3.12 at the very latest.

I'm not sure a large amount of the player base employed fractured deli farming. I don't have any statistics, however. I will say, however, that it's quite difficult to draw very specific conclusions from steam charts.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Fair enough, my original comment was a weak argument.

I can never tell what their long term intentions are. The same company did the following in chronological order:
  1. Introduced Fractured 100% Delirious Map farming, 3.10
  2. Introduced Fractured Currency Blueprint farming, 3.12
  3. Introduced Beast split Currency Blueprint farming, despite seeing where the economy was heading with the previous step and Reddit shouting at them what would happen(Narrator: it did), 3.12.x
  4. Effectively reverted cheap Blueprint farming by forcing reveals on copies, 3.13
  5. Prevented endless copying of any item via split and fractured tags, 3.14
Just within that list itself, there is tons of inconsistency. And it's not like these were opaque and complex decisions. If they didn't like fractured deli farming, they should have done something about it in 3.12 at the very latest.

I'm not sure a large amount of the player base employed fractured deli farming. I don't have any statistics, however. I will say, however, that it's quite difficult to draw very specific conclusions from steam charts.

Out of all those things, they all had easy solutions that would not ruin the gameplay for all of them but they took the really easy way out. You and I won't disagree that GGG has no idea how to manage their own game. There are so many systems and things in it, they don't realize when they implement a new system how drastically it can impact other things.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Out of all those things, they all had easy solutions that would not ruin the gameplay for all of them but they took the really easy way out. You and I won't disagree that GGG has no idea how to manage their own game. There are so many systems and things in it, they don't realize when they implement a new system how drastically it can impact other things.

what I want is a way to increase random loot variety in maps if I don't do any extra content. just wanna chain maps and kill shit. I don't want 9 league worth of fucking work crammed into each and every map. fuck

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
what I want is a way to increase random loot variety in maps if I don't do any extra content. just wanna chain maps and kill shit. I don't want 9 league worth of fucking work crammed into each and every map. fuck
Just ignore it all and chain maps...only you’ll end up fucking poor especially if your time is limited so you’re having to wheel and deal.

game is so fucking bloated.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like