Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'd sure like Dash and Second Wind reverted. I've never liked how Flame Dash felt so I've always used Dash/Second Wind even if it wasn't a great idea.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Over the weekend, we launched Path of Exile: Expedition! We've been really enjoying watching the community play through the new content and conquer the challenges that lie within. We have deployed many hotfixes and a restartless 3.15.0b patch so far, and have more coming! This post provides more details.

A lot of players have tried to derive our player concurrency numbers based on the data shown for Steam users, and have expressed concern that fewer people played this expansion than the previous two. To be transparent, the number is that 23% fewer players joined us at launch compared to our all-time record, and this is something we were prepared for. In addition to the normal variance between releases, we completely understand that Path of Exile had a lot of changes in 3.15 and this is definitely unnerving to some players. Thank you to everyone who has tried it out so far. We're really enjoying reading about your experiences playing with the recent changes.

Since release, we have released the following patches:

3.15.0 Hotfix 1

Applied a tentative fix to a new graphical T-posing issue.

Fixed various instance crashes.

3.15.0 Hotfix 2

The Reaper created by the new Summon Reaper skill gem now has better survivability at all levels.

Fixed a bug where the bleeding damage modifier on Summon Reaper wasn't applying.

Fixed a bug where The Reaper would sometimes try to consume non-minions.

Fixed a bug where Boneshatter's self hit didn't trigger when-hit events.

Fixed a bug where Unearthed Zombies could be revived by Necromancers into a broken state.

3.15.0 Hotfix 3

Allowed Expedition Vendor Reroll currency items to drop from Excavated Chests as well as Runic Monsters.

Fixed an exploit where PvP-only characters could try to buy items from the Expedition vendors.

Fixed an instance crash related to Instilling Orbs.

3.15.0 Hotfix 4:

Fixed a bug where some instilled flask mods could remove grace period when entering new areas.

Fixed an instance crash.

3.15.0 Hotfix 5:

Fixed a client crash that could occur when using Forbidden Rite.

Fixed an instance crash related to Lion's Roar.

3.15.0b (from earlier today):

Applied another tentative fix for the graphical T-posing issue.

Fixed a bug where Divergent Eye of Winter did not have a description for its alternate quality effect.

Fixed a bug where non-unique Iron Flasks were not dropping.

Fixed a bug where you could not sell items to Tane in Tane’s Laboratory.

Fixed a bug where mini life bars were not shown for allies on full health.

Fixed a bug where the audio for player footsteps was too loud.

Soon:

Added the missing affix name for the "Chance to avoid being Stunned during Flask Effect" mod.

Added display for quantities of Expedition Currency in vendor windows.

Fixed a bug where the art for Alternate-art Flasks was not displaying

Fixed a bug where the labels for Delve Chests and Azurite were not displaying.

Fixed a bug where Skin of the Loyal was unable to roll blue sockets.

Fixed a bug where gaining or losing modifiers that change the effect of Freeze on you, such as from an Aquamarine Flask, would not immediately update the effect that pre-existing freezes were having on you.

So far today we have been discussing a variety of community feedback and have either explanations or changes planned for a number of topics, which are listed below. Please note that this is not a complete list yet - we're still discussing many other topics but this is the set we are ready to talk about. We'd much rather get this first post out now rather than wait for it to be an exhaustive list.

Can the Merchant Vendor Windows show you how many Runed Artifacts you have?

Yes, we are working on making it so that the vendor window displays how many artifacts of the relevant type you have available for trading with the Expedition merchants. We'll release this feature as soon as it's ready (but it may be a few days).

Expedition Vendor Refresh Currency is too Rare!

The team are discussing increasing the rate that you find vendor reroll currency items for Rog, Tujen and Dannig. Gwennen's was already 4x as high as the others and is in a good place. We'll probably have a value for this decided by tomorrow.

Also, we are discussing increasing the stack sizes of vendor reroll currency items and all Expedition currency in higher maps. This should make playing in hard maps more rewarding than trying to farm specific campaign areas.

Were the Mana Cost Multiplier changes on Support Gems too Extreme?

Yes, they were too extreme. Based on feedback and data, we are reviewing the mana cost multipliers again and will be reducing many (but not all) of them. While this will ease the impact on your mana by a moderate amount, the goal is still that mana matters a lot more than it did before.

Are there any Changes coming to Ailment or Curse Immunity?

Ailment Immunity granted by flasks is being increased from 1 second to 4 seconds. Staunching Flasks will make you immune to Corrupted Blood, if they remove Corrupted Blood from you. Arctic Armour will grant Freeze Immunity. Aquamarine Flask is being buffed from 40% to 60% freeze reduction. The map mods that curse the player no longer apply the curses with increased effect.

I hate Goatmen. Tell me some good news.

We're nerfing Goatman Leap Slams and Molten Shells in the late game.

Why does Expedition have Twenty types of Currency?

We thought it would be helpful to explain how we ended up with so many currency items in Expedition:

Each of the four vendors needs their own type of currency. If we had one unified currency that works across all vendors, then the correct behaviour would be to determine which of the vendors technically has the best expected value, and to spend all of your currency with them. As it stands, there's incentive to use each of the different novel trade methods and not ignore any.

Each of the vendors needs several tiers of currency. We experimented with just one tier internally, but this basically became a gold system. By having multiple tiers that do different things and have uncertain exchange rates between them, we get all the advantages of Path of Exile's currency system and avoid the dangers that having gold would cause. Here's a very old news post from over 10 years ago that describes our philosophy here!

Each of the vendors has a separate currency for rerolling their inventory that differs from the ones that you spend buying things from them. This is intentionally different so that you have competing scarcity - sometimes rerolls bottleneck you and sometimes purchasing items does. Again, trying to prevent the bad consequences of having something similar to gold.

Dannig exchanges his artifacts for ones from other vendors, giving you a limited ability to smooth out temporary shortages in currency availability. Also, all the vendors will wait for you if you have to go and come back with currency later.

This results in twenty currency items for use at the vendors, which does feel like a lot. However, because you can immediately stash them into the Expedition Locker after an encounter, the variety of currency types doesn't really cause additional inconvenience. Regardless of whether we had one type, four types or twenty types, you'd still have to pick up a few items and stash them.

We feel that the gameplay benefits described above (plus the ability to immediately stash them in the field) justify the number of currency items that the league uses. Having said that, we hear you. There are too many types of splinters in Path of Exile. We will be mindful of this for the design of future releases.

Where is the Mystery Box?

We expect to release it tomorrow morning! It's slightly late this cycle because one of our team members had a family emergency, but that's all resolved and everyone is fine.

Quick PSA about how Remnants Work

We quickly wanted to clarify this because some players misunderstood it. Sorry for not being more clear!

Remnants are detonated in a sequence (as your chain of explosives reaches them). When one is detonated, its effects apply to the monsters unearthed by that blast and all subsequent blasts. This is one of the things you need to consider strategically while planning where to place the explosives. You do not need to wait until all explosives have gone off before you start fighting the monsters.

There are many more topics that we are going through that our discussions haven't reached yet. In the interests of communication, this post represents where we're up to so far. We felt it was better to post this now rather than wait a few days until everything has been discussed. We'll let you know as we decide more stuff on other topics. Thanks for the ongoing feedback!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I thought for sure they'd cave immediately on the billion different currencies dropping and having to be picked up. Reminds me so much of metamorph that it seemed obvious it'd get the same treatment, but I guess we just have to shovel a dozen different macguffins in to the stash every map?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Walk me through Rog, I can't spot items from him that are worthwhile.

What are they walking back? Nevermind, read right over it...

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ve been so busy malding about my build not working that I’ve been ignoring the league mechanic. In maps now, what should I be min/maxing with them

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
We feel that the gameplay benefits described above (plus the ability to immediately stash them in the field) justify the number of currency items that the league uses. Having said that, we hear you. There are too many types of splinters in Path of Exile. We will be mindful of this for the design of future releases.

what a bunch of limp hobbit dicked faggots

also linking a their sacred manifesto from 10 fucking years ago? They didn't have 57 million different league mechanics all stacked on top of each other, each one with their own currency. Get fucked and go lick your black lotus cards, Chris. You really have become everything you said you wouldn't be.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Walk me through Rog, I can't spot items from him that are worthwhile.

What are they walking back? Nevermind, read right over it...

He will throw a ton of prefix/suffix harvest-style rerolls at you, so things like tri-res boots, or a ring, can suddenly become extremely good with a couple hits of 'reroll prefixes 10 times keeping the best outcome' type stuff.

There's also quite a bit of just upgrading modifier tiers, so things that rolled decently but low-tier can quickly become quite good as well.

He's got slam influencesl, but those seem relatively rarer and I've not really gotten anything good to come of that yet. The most interesting aspect of these I've found is that he tends to sell items that are +levels on the zone level, so could be an easy source of 86 influence bases.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Harvest is the worst thing they ever put in this game, precisely because this is what it has done to people. PoE existed for half a decade before harvest and was great. But now that they've opened that pandora's box of infinity free item perfection crafting nonsense everyone has turned in to a toddler that got their first taste of sugar and anything but more sugar is met with temper tantrums.
If you think that the vast majority of players were anywhere close to "infinity free item perfection crafting" then you are even more retarded than you originally sounded, especially since no one asked for that then and no one is asking for it now.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He will throw a ton of prefix/suffix harvest-style rerolls at you, so things like tri-res boots, or a ring, can suddenly become extremely good with a couple hits of 'reroll prefixes 10 times keeping the best outcome' type stuff.

There's also quite a bit of just upgrading modifier tiers, so things that rolled decently but low-tier can quickly become quite good as well.

He's got slam influencesl, but those seem relatively rarer and I've not really gotten anything good to come of that yet. The most interesting aspect of these I've found is that he tends to sell items that are +levels on the zone level, so could be an easy source of 86 influence bases.
Yeah. That’s pretty beast.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'd sure like Dash and Second Wind reverted. I've never liked how Flame Dash felt so I've always used Dash/Second Wind even if it wasn't a great idea.
I didn't mind dash either, it was either that or flame dash. It must have been like 2017 that I last touched another movement skill. Leap slam before they added dash, I guess.

if they don't like second wind, and I do get the reasoning, I wish they would separate it into "acceptably powered" supports that do only cooldown reduction or only +1 use as their main function. I would still use that.

Last edited:

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
7pnu8nqb4jd71.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone play a miner trapper? As in, you throw mines, the mines throw traps, which then casts the spell you want. It's sounds like a meme and I'm not fully convinced it's not yet. But you get to take advantage of some of the best mine and trap nodes at the same time, as well as double dipping on Swift Assembly(which is already nuts at 60% more for 1.2x mana).

It's quite possible to chuck enough mines that they end up throwing traps before previous ones have triggered since they're still in the air or arming. Is there any way to reduce this besides reducing trap duration to zero?

I thought I'd bring this up anyway since traps are popular. One thing I hate about them is the arming time. With Sunblast and two Hair Triggers(or one Set and Forget cluster notable), the traps go off as soon as they land. No "triggered by an enemy" bonuses though.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I'm dabbling with a raider SST too, but I'm curious, what are good skills to level to 28 to get there? My leveling was an absolutely slog. I tried a handful of skills and settled on 3L Split Arrow and 3L Caustic Arrow (with Mirage Archer so it's kinda like an extended duration) but I had to use Puncture on single targets because the damage was so bad, even with a decently rolled bow. I think at least a small part of this is just that the early tree is going through defensive shit, but the skills definitely sucked as well.
I am doing Gladiator Bleed splosions and I used Lacerate (lolol) and then Shield Crush (way better once I discovered it on accident) to SST.

This is why that Reddit post someone screenshotted was true - slogging through some throwaway skill and gems for 30 levels to get to your ACTUAL skill is bullshit, and making it even MORE tedious is not going to help make the game more popular.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Were the Mana Cost Multiplier changes on Support Gems too Extreme?

Yes, they were too extreme. Based on feedback and data, we are reviewing the mana cost multipliers again and will be reducing many (but not all) of them. While this will ease the impact on your mana by a moderate amount, the goal is still that mana matters a lot more than it did before

No fucking shit you complete asshats.

When GGG decided to change potions because they didn't like their power level and the piano playstyle, then increased mana consumption so that you are constantly hitting mana flask.

Yeah, I know, get a %mana leech Jewel and all will be well. While Leveling mana upkeep was a pain in the ass, to the point of making me less likely to play. I am not past it quite yet (I am running Clarity and a +mana on hit jewel since I ran out of reroll currency) and it is only occasionally annoying now. But I cannot run my actual aura yet lol.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Go figure - Delve and Blight are my 2 favs now. Lowest numbers in last 12 leagues. I quit Delerium in about a week and didn't come back until Ultimatum.

Remember the net fiasco with Bestiary? I am surprised the retention over 3 days was that high. And the red mobs you couldn't kill due to insane health regen and would just chase you around the zone. Good times.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
We thought it would be helpful to explain how we ended up with so many currency items in Expedition:

Each of the four vendors needs their own type of currency. If we had one unified currency that works across all vendors, then the correct behaviour would be to determine which of the vendors technically has the best expected value, and to spend all of your currency with them. As it stands, there's incentive to use each of the different novel trade methods and not ignore any.

lol you mean like how its currently shaping up to be Rog is the best expected value?

Real talk though, my wrist is starting to get pissed at me for playing this shit again and it hasn't even been a week.

The fact that I'm exclusively playing an aurabot now and use spacebar to move and my wrist is still getting tweaked is not a good sign.(100% picking shit up)

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I am waiting for the day that Last Epoch hopefully turns the corner into the next big thing and also hoping that Lost Ark's western release is a game changer.
As long as Amazon markets it well, Lost Ark should cut a huge fucking chunk of the "casual" playerbase out of PoE. The game has some issues for sure(typical Korean stuff), but the actual gameplay portion(the part that is really sucking ass in PoE) is top-tier.

• 1Solidarity

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I know about telling everyone in guild how I snapped a small chunk of bone off near my elbow. They thought it was from lifting weights.

that said I took a few injections. Doing PT. Could not fucking get it to stop aching daily. Stopped PoE about a month or so ago? Today I set 1 rep max in two different curls after running at 50% of my pre-injury workout weights since November last year. Arm feels good as new. Saw doctor today. Talking to my PT and doctor, and both told me super repetitive mouse clicking uses the same tendons or whatever that were inflamed from the Injury

TL DR - had to stop PoE to get my arm to heal from a workout injury.