Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Is there an option to turn on loot stacking or am I just missing something? I got a prophecy and had a ton of scrolls of wisdow drop. 1 each, 1/2 a screen.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Well...

uf2ggj3tz7w71.png

I've been slowly playing a poison conc flaskfinder and while I enjoy throwing bombs at stuff I have no desire to level another alt after this. League mechanic seems very undercooked and not sure what they were going for.

Edit: League saved?!(probably not but it's something):

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I still say it feels like an endgame mechanic but with no connective tissue to it and the rest of a league. It's the cherry on top of something else but the something else is missing.

After a couple more days of play what is really standing out is how shallow the story is. The Maven and her envoy have tons of flavor with multiple narrative threads between then. There's hints. There's a reveal. All the Expedition dudes have a thing, the league had you track down lore stuff, the boss battles were all lore heavy. There was a story being told. The Last to Die says nothing and the demons say nothing. You push V and it's red stabby death. I sure hope there's some more story later on because right now there's just no depth to any of it. She had a cool introduction and um, that was the end of it.

I mostly like throwing poison death at everything but I'm only being engaged on that one axis. That's never going to be enough to carry me through to the super endgame.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Retention numbers don't mean shit until about 3-4 weeks in. Also this is probably the worst time they could've had for a launch with a lot of games coming out (BF, Halo, Lost Ark, etc). Usually they launch early December and crush it.

Changes should be good, probably not enough for a lot of the QQs, but definitely a good step. I don't even do Crucible shit in T14+ maps except after the map is clear because 100 stack mobs can just instagib you.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Judge_Mental

Trakanon Raider
I sincerely hope they do not lose another 30% revenue like last league but the way its going they somewhat deserve drastically less cash for all these ping pong swings in their game systems. Indecision and pandering is just going to tire out the fanbase even further. Thankfully no stupid damage control podcasts with uninteresting simps this league.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I still say it feels like an endgame mechanic but with no connective tissue to it and the rest of a league. It's the cherry on top of something else but the something else is missing.

After a couple more days of play what is really standing out is how shallow the story is. The Maven and her envoy have tons of flavor with multiple narrative threads between then. There's hints. There's a reveal. All the Expedition dudes have a thing, the league had you track down lore stuff, the boss battles were all lore heavy. There was a story being told. The Last to Die says nothing and the demons say nothing. You push V and it's red stabby death. I sure hope there's some more story later on because right now there's just no depth to any of it. She had a cool introduction and um, that was the end of it.

I mostly like throwing poison death at everything but I'm only being engaged on that one axis. That's never going to be enough to carry me through to the super endgame.

Is this really a surprise though? "You find this person that hands you a rusted item and urges you to implant it into your body". "You're not here to save the world, you're here to find cool items"

This league was never going to be about the lore.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Is this really a surprise though? "You find this person that hands you a rusted item and urges you to implant it into your body". "You're not here to save the world, you're here to find cool items"

This league was never going to be about the lore.

Well sure I'm surprised. I was expecting the lore gravy train to keep on runnin'

At the minimum I was expecting we'd discover slowly over time that the corruption we were absorbing was weakening the barrier between that Wraeclast and ours building towards a giant boss battle to reseal the tear in spacetime. I've just started red maps last night (and am back to being deleted for pushing V) so if there's more story they sure as shit haven't put in any effort setting it up. The last new thing The Last to Die said was when I picked up the thing in the first map.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Well sure I'm surprised. I was expecting the lore gravy train to keep on runnin'

At the minimum I was expecting we'd discover slowly over time that the corruption we were absorbing was weakening the barrier between that Wraeclast and ours building towards a giant boss battle to reseal the tear in spacetime. I've just started red maps last night (and am back to being deleted for pushing V) so if there's more story they sure as shit haven't put in any effort setting it up. The last new thing The Last to Die said was when I picked up the thing in the first map.
GGG lore team: You're hired kid!

• 1Worf

Judge_Mental

Trakanon Raider
Here lets write lore.

Last to die is Alva in a different timeline who was able to make a jump disk vs our Alva using the original temple jump without knowing what it is. our Alva wasn't opening our past, each temple was a different universe. We altered the temple and invited chaos to overtake those universes (unbalanced blah blah) and we didn't realise because we never jumped into our own temple/past. Every jump is a different universe.

you can write our Alva as the negligent/ignorant evil or a direct turncoat if you are rotating the masters out.

if they had half decent writers they would use the ignorant evil as a betrayal and have Alva trapped by Catarina/New master(Maven lul). She becomes a Sisyphus analog with all the fun tropes that can be had.

I spent more time fixing grammatical errors than thinking this up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 3Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Here lets write lore.

Last to die is Alva in a different timeline who was able to make a jump disk vs our Alva using the original temple jump without knowing what it is. our Alva wasn't opening our past, each temple was a different universe. We altered the temple and invited chaos to overtake those universes (unbalanced blah blah) and we didn't realise because we never jumped into our own temple/past. Every jump is a different universe.

you can write our Alva as the negligent/ignorant evil or a direct turncoat if you are rotating the masters out.

if they had half decent writers they would use the ignorant evil as a betrayal and have Alva trapped by Catarina/New master(Maven lul). She becomes a Sisyphus analog with all the fun tropes that can be had.

That's more time than they spent designing the gameplay and rewards.

• 1Like
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Here lets write lore.

GGG:

OIP.rcjjq5O8fwYXYMab_eH6qQHaFG

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Krangled maps are so stupid now. Single T4 map at 7 stages:

Capture.PNG

• 1Mother of God

Xevy

Log Wizard
Besides ilvl on items, it's pretty much worth it just using good layout white tier maps, juicing them to the brink and then running them. Probably the most loot you can net quickly since Heist. Expedition came close, but only with logbooks.

Absolutely retarded amount of reward though.

• 1Like