Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
For sure Melding is probably too much. Not sure what they do with it besides knock it down to max 85% or something, maybe. Or they could go the ultimate dick route and make it the rarity of a 3 passive Voices so that it retains full power but no one will ever see one. Then you have the conglomerates controlling the market on them and using them to farm high end shit. Bit of a conundrum, but we'll see.

Aurora Aegis + Divine Shield with enough ES is just absurd survivability. People running full ES gear with Mageblood with 100k+ armor getting back 2k+ ES on block, with 75% chance. Just ridiculous. Divine Shield helps with the biggest trouble with some ES builds which is degens, if they can just manage to eat a big phys hit before hand.

Right now the game is heavily balanced between omega defense or omega offense. You can get both now, but not nearly at a similar level like the days of old Aura Stacking. Like people running around with 500ex Mageblood builds are still doing like 20m dps or something while being omega tanky. Or you have 100m dps builds who's playstyle is "Win or dodge or die" like my totem build. It's at an okay place right now, but for sure some items need to be "looked at".

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean they nerfed loreweave because 80 allres was too good, and that was your entire fucking chest slot.

I have absolutley no idea how they thought melding would be okay for a single jewel socket

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's supposed to be balanced by the downside. My guess is that they intended for that to put a cap on how much dps you could muster since so many affixes would be taken by resistances.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For sure Melding is probably too much. Not sure what they do with it besides knock it down to max 85% or something, maybe. Or they could go the ultimate dick route and make it the rarity of a 3 passive Voices so that it retains full power but no one will ever see one. Then you have the conglomerates controlling the market on them and using them to farm high end shit. Bit of a conundrum, but we'll see.

Aurora Aegis + Divine Shield with enough ES is just absurd survivability. People running full ES gear with Mageblood with 100k+ armor getting back 2k+ ES on block, with 75% chance. Just ridiculous. Divine Shield helps with the biggest trouble with some ES builds which is degens, if they can just manage to eat a big phys hit before hand.

Right now the game is heavily balanced between omega defense or omega offense. You can get both now, but not nearly at a similar level like the days of old Aura Stacking. Like people running around with 500ex Mageblood builds are still doing like 20m dps or something while being omega tanky. Or you have 100m dps builds who's playstyle is "Win or dodge or die" like my totem build. It's at an okay place right now, but for sure some items need to be "looked at".

I'd hit the investment cost. Right now you can hit 90% max in a res with aura effect that you are probably getting anyway and a handful of suffixs.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started the season pretty late, does anyone have a tabs they could let me borrow for the leveling slog?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
6k hours in this game and still learning new things.

The caught projectiles from Venom Gyre fire sequentially. Meaning if you whirling blades through the target, a fair amount of the 30 projectiles will hit the target.

So, what looks like a lackluster single target skill on paper potentially becomes one of the best? I have no idea how to model this in PoB though. Anyone have experience here?

There's all sorts of factors here:
  • How many returned projectiles do you catch on average? Especially if you're moving around.
  • How many caught projectiles are wasted because you're at cap? Sniper's Mark seems like it would make it easy to hit the cap quite quickly.
  • How many projectiles fired from Whirling Blades hit single target?
  • You can attach CoC - Tornado to Whirling Blades and that adds...something.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
6k hours in this game and still learning new things.

The caught projectiles from Venom Gyre fire sequentially. Meaning if you whirling blades through the target, a fair amount of the 30 projectiles will hit the target.

So, what looks like a lackluster single target skill on paper potentially becomes one of the best? I have no idea how to model this in PoB though. Anyone have experience here?

There's all sorts of factors here:
  • How many returned projectiles do you catch on average? Especially if you're moving around.
  • How many caught projectiles are wasted because you're at cap? Sniper's Mark seems like it would make it easy to hit the cap quite quickly.
  • How many projectiles fired from Whirling Blades hit single target?
  • You can attach CoC - Tornado to Whirling Blades and that adds...something.
And how does it work if you pass through hydrosphere?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
there's some Twitch nerd that plays venom gyre like every league, lemme find his whole spiel on it.

This guy, he makes a new one of these videos every league about how OP venom gyre is and I'm pretty sure he covers the whirling blades release during them for single target:

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How has that guy's channel not gotten canceled?

Yeah, I've seen his videos after doing some research. I think he doesn't stress enough how annoying it is to whirling blades in single target fights. And oddly enough, I found the clear on Lightning Strike to be better. Despite throwing projectiles everywhere, each one having 1 fork and chain, there were consistently stragglers. Or I'm too lazy to aim properly.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Welp, I have to say, Skelly Mages is a pretty easy peasy build for the scrubs like me. Easy level to 90, easy process through vaal'd red maps. Just finishing up missing T15 and T16 ones.

I think I will grind a couple more levels (I need a Determination reserve reduction node) and then try some higher end stuff.

I haven't even bought her anything yet. Unfortunately I dropped a couple ex on a gem for my poison concoction build, but I managed to drop 4 ex while playing this necro. I assume real power increase items are well out of my reach, like +all minion gem levels.

I also took some earlier advice here and got rid of all the league shit except Expedition. I will say I have not had much luck with gambling, and I am not much of a crafter so I haven't made anything OP yet, but I have at least enjoyed buying up currency lol.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Do I dare try the 1/3 eldritch annul on prefixes to try and hit rarity? Not sure I have the balls to try

Capture.PNG

• 1Mother of God

Xevy

Log Wizard
I wouldn't bother, lotta people willing to sacrifice 90ish hp on gloves for that Enlighten. I have a pair kind of the same deal, I may beast split mine, but I'll probably lose some synergy from the two Alva Suffixes I have. Just not worth it when everything else you have is really decent.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
0 chance this goes core as is. Better crafting than OG harvest

Capture.PNG

• 1Mother of God

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive tried to get into this game a few times, but this most recent time Ive actually gotten further than the previous two times. Ive went down the Templar/Inquisitor Spark build path and its worked out so far? But good lord do I feel overwhelmed like 24/7.

Does anyone play in the guild anymore for FoH? I see stuff in the guild stash but Im not sure how to see the guild roster. Im not even sure whats so special about this season, either?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ive tried to get into this game a few times, but this most recent time Ive actually gotten further than the previous two times. Ive went down the Templar/Inquisitor Spark build path and its worked out so far? But good lord do I feel overwhelmed like 24/7.

Does anyone play in the guild anymore for FoH? I see stuff in the guild stash but Im not sure how to see the guild roster. Im not even sure whats so special about this season, either?

There are a lot of "noobs" with 2k hours in this game so it's going to take a while to stop being overwhelmed.

I think people like this season because the previous league's big end game expansion + atlas passives really hit the nail on the head (and people skipped/quit last league for lost ark/elden ring), the new recombulators are fun and currency is really easy to get this league.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just play until you stop having a good time and give it a rest until the next league or whenever you feel like playing more. Learn as you go.

• 1Like