Path of Exile

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Took me a good solid 3 leagues and tons of hours watching twitch streamers to wrap my head around this game not to feel like a noob anymore. Not saying I was an expert or whatever but yeah it takes a while.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Theres just sooo mannyyy systems. Every time I turn around, theres a new place off the MSQ path that I go. A new NPC thats following me around. A new slot for a new thing. A way this old thing can do this new thing. etc. etc. etc. Like it just keeps going.

Im having fun doing what Im doing and being ignorant of it all, but ya..

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
If big dick crazy damage builds were obvious it wouldn't be so bad. A lot of the Uber end game shit is hidden behind complex mods that on their face don't look good at all.

Get a set of nice rares with resists and life and a rare unique weapon and... You'll get crushed or hit like a wet noodle.

Converting your physical to lightning, lightning to cold and cold to fire and converting elemental to chaos sounds fucking stupid but then you get an absolutely broken as fuck brand skill that 1 shots endgame bosses.

Only in poe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a different way to try and color a 6 link other than the bench / 1 at a time? I think the odds of landing what I'm after is something crazy high

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is there a different way to try and color a 6 link other than the bench / 1 at a time? I think the odds of landing what I'm after is something crazy high

If you want like 5+ offcolors your only real hope is get like 3-4 of what you want via bench/chrome spam then just grind for the harvest recolors you need.

Can try and vorici it but the weights on him giving you more than 1-2 white sockets are fucking abysmal.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
solved alternately, sold the chest for the same as I paid and bought another one with the colors. Funny thing, showed it was listed for 2 weeks so in the copy/paste spam I edited the price down, dude didn't notice \o/

Wonder how many people don't pay attention to individually listed items like that

• 1Barf
  • 1Picard

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
solved alternately, sold the chest for the same as I paid and bought another one with the colors. Funny thing, showed it was listed for 2 weeks so in the copy/paste spam I edited the price down, dude didn't notice \o/

Wonder how many people don't pay attention to individually listed items like that

635520020160086182-country.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's a program that does that now I guess, but it lets you know and says "I see you've had X up for Y days at Z price, I offer (lower price)". That seems fine, if you're editting the price thing that's just slimey, but it's bound to happen. I usually just dgaf and if I'm selling something for 80c and they offer me 40c 3 days later I say yeah why the fuck not.

Chris

Potato del Grande
In game market makes no sense to me.

There are thousands of the same item listed and 5% have a buyout price. So I offer a much lower price to one of the people who didn't list a price, and they reply "lol really?" and post no counter offer.

But the item is massively oversupplied... it's never going to sell. Are they just playing the lottery until someone pays slightly below asking? Because I'd pay the extra chaos just to get the item right away from someone who bothered to list a buyout.

Funny thing is that I've gotten a few good items for 1 chaos just by sending out offers to the no buyout people, but it's time comsuming and frustrating.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In game market makes no sense to me.

There are thousands of the same item listed and 5% have a buyout price. So I offer a much lower price to one of the people who didn't list a price, and they reply "lol really?" and post no counter offer.

But the item is massively oversupplied... it's never going to sell. Are they just playing the lottery until someone pays slightly below asking? Because I'd pay the extra chaos just to get the item right away from someone who bothered to list a buyout.

Funny thing is that I've gotten a few good items for 1 chaos just by sending out offers to the no buyout people, but it's time comsuming and frustrating.

You probably end up losing more currency in time than you saved on the item to start with.

Last edited:

Caliane

This is the best reaction I've seen yet to the passive tree by a new player

no, this is completely wrong. that skill tree is a sense of awe. and gives a taste of whats to come. Showing only a little bit. not letting people plan, foam at the mouth of, "what can I do?!" is stupid. hiding essential information, until after they make a choice is bullshit, and ruins lots of games.

There's issues in PoE with bloat, too much complexity, etc. but the skill tree and its presentation is not one of them.

• 1Like
  • 1Mic Drop

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
no, this is completely wrong. that skill tree is a sense of awe. and gives a taste of whats to come. Showing only a little bit. not letting people plan, foam at the mouth of, "what can I do?!" is stupid. hiding essential information, until after they make a choice is bullshit, and ruins lots of games.

There's issues in PoE with bloat, too much complexity, etc. but the skill tree and its presentation is not one of them.
The sheer size of the talent tree is obnoxious. They could drastically reduce the stat bubbles and passively add them in elsewhere and no one would be the wiser outside of the cosmetic difference. JSH's idea of essentially just giving the player fog of war of the talent tree is stupid, but he's not wrong in that the talent tree is a turn off at first sight.

• 1Like

Caliane

The sheer size of the talent tree is obnoxious. They could drastically reduce the stat bubbles and passively add them in elsewhere and no one would be the wiser outside of the cosmetic difference. JSH's idea of essentially just giving the player fog of war of the talent tree is stupid, but he's not wrong in that the talent tree is a turn off at first sight.
the stat passives are not cosmetic. they are serve as pathing.
Mind over matter is 7 passive points from witch start, via stat nodes.
or, is it 10 passive points, with cast speed, damage, and arcanists dominion? that pathing also moves you closer to practial application, and heart and soul.
or 7 to mom, +1 to arcanists dominion, and

MoM is 11 passive points from Scion.
Mom is 16 passive points from Duelist.

theres three key factors in there. 1. every passive is potential an option to every class. 2. the passive cost to each class varies based on starting location. 3. Pathing to one key node, reduces the passive cost of other nearby passive keystones.

the visible tree system is the best way to do this.
you COULD just have the passives open, and add variable costs based on class. like say, melee passives cost 5,10,15 points for a melee class, but cost 7,13,19 for hybrids, and 9,15,21 for casters. and then you COULD add synergies. where taking some caster passive, reduces other similar passives. but this system would be hidden and arbitrary. The Pathing tree adds very simple to understand visuals, and adds a whole minigame essentially in finding the most efficient path.

• 1Like