Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That specific item drops only from Uber shaper and the affixes cannot be divined. There's usually single digit supply of what you want at any time. I doubt RMT is the primary factor. Likely build guides being posted.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Regarding the RMT: that is the unspoken truth. If you only play 1,2 hours per day the market will be further away every day from you no matter what you farm or trade. You might have some lucky drops that nets you a few ex but midleague prices are crazy. And people no longer bother to respond anything under 10c basically.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The fire reap chieftan builds with that neck are pretty close to the wardloop nerds in terms of being unkillable gods, so it's not surprising at all that that necklace is just contiuously climbing in price.

It's like a ~600k EHP build that can still do ~20m dps, of course late in the league the heavily supply constrained items are gonna go through the roof.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Imagine wanting to build around an item that costs as much as a mageblood.

I guess Hatred Brittle one isn't really build enabling as there's other sources of easily obtainable Brittle. Just like there are other sources of sustaining flasks on bosses, so Mageblood doesn't gate content. Though, top left tree gets fucked hard on flask sustain.

IDK, this patch screwed up quite a few things in terms of build enabling items.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ya, the purity of fire one is really annoying. I thought, OK, it's a little much at 8-10ex, but doable. Then it just kept going up... usually items get cheaper as the league goes on due to supply increasing. Whereas this went up like 2021 bitcoin...

The cool thing is with the sublime vision jewel, rakiata timeless jewel, and perfect rolled Dawnbreaker shield, you get to 100% of cold and lightning taken as fire. Not sure about the DOT aspect, but I think that also applies? It says 'damage' and not 'damage from hits' so... From there you just try to knock down the fire damage taken as much as possible. Chieftains also use that ascendancy point for phys taken as fire as well for even more. Maybe tack on formless inferno for giga armor too? Not sure without looking.

Still, POE ninja says there's not all that many people playing the build, so why the crazy demand? Feh. Pretty much kills my ubertank dreams :(

I'm tempted to mod my build to a olesya's delight Lacerate build I've been noodling with in POB forever. Getting a gratuitous violence forbidden gem setup is only 5ex combined right now for example... Then again it's so late in the league I might just save the burnout factor and do it next league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Supply constrained. Highly vulnerable to cornering and mathil effects.

I doubt those builds use Formless Inferno. Helmet slot, especially this league, is a great slot for phys taken as ele. You can easily get 16% and update 28%. Speaking of such, Transcendence is still quite tanky and relatively cheap, depending how much you want to rely on flasks.

poe.ninja needs a way to track sub variants of an item. Huge blind spot to fuckery.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lightning Fast
Ya, if I bite the bullet and mod the current build I think I'll use Divine Flesh. It seems to fit the best when it comes to the various giga defense keystones/setups.

When I started this build, I don't even think the sublime vision stuff was known, I was using an Incandescent Heart to get to 95% of damage taken as fire, but I wanted to go all the way... ah well. At least I know it's viable, which is kind of what I was going for. Hopefully they up the drop rate on those jewels next league, no way they should be that rare for what they do.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Imagine wanting to build around an item that costs as much as a mageblood.

I guess Hatred Brittle one isn't really build enabling as there's other sources of easily obtainable Brittle. Just like there are other sources of sustaining flasks on bosses, so Mageblood doesn't gate content. Though, top left tree gets fucked hard on flask sustain.

IDK, this patch screwed up quite a few things in terms of build enabling items.

The hatred one (and Hatred itself tbh) is so beyond busted that I'm surprised there are even any for sale.

Being a phys>cold or just base cold build and getting to freeze AND brittle on your 100% crit rate is just the most disgusting shit. And that doesn't even get in to scaling hatred itself with supreme ego etc.

Lightning Fast
The hatred one (and Hatred itself tbh) is so beyond busted that I'm surprised there are even any for sale.

Being a phys>cold or just base cold build and getting to freeze AND brittle on your 100% crit rate is just the most disgusting shit. And that doesn't even get in to scaling hatred itself with supreme ego etc.
Ya, that one's the main exception. Most of the rest of them are mediocre to bad. Purity of Fire and Hatred seem to be by far the best ones.

Giving up all but one aura is a pretty high cost for most builds, so it's gotta be pretty busted to make it worth it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The purity of fire one is really propped up by the shield as well. Getting near ~60% of everything taken as fire from that one item is the only reason anyone cares, otherwise it would be just as worthless as the other purity ones are.

• 1Truth!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That clarity -> 80% increased effect of arcane surge might be worth something if archmage wasn't shit. There's no downside with that archetype as it doesn't run auras besides clarity.

• 1Solidarity

Lightning Fast
The purity of fire one is really propped up by the shield as well. Getting near ~60% of everything taken as fire from that one item is the only reason anyone cares, otherwise it would be just as worthless as the other purity ones are.
So you're saying we need (near) equivalent Cold and Lightning items to balance it out??
/concur

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That clarity -> 80% increased effect of arcane surge might be worth something if archmage wasn't shit. There's no downside with that archetype as it doesn't run auras besides clarity.

It'd take a lot for arcane surge scaling to ever matter unfortunately. Not only is archmage complete trash, but arcane surge itself is so garbage right now that trying to scale it's base value seems like a losing battle.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
It'd take a lot for arcane surge scaling to ever matter unfortunately. Not only is archmage complete trash, but arcane surge itself is so garbage right now that trying to scale it's base value seems like a losing battle.
Archmage was tons of fun in Delirium with stormbrand, what did they do to it to make it so awful?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Archmage? Lots of small to somewhat significant nerfs to its overall efficacy. And since then, there have been buffs to auras, specifically Grace and Determination. Archmage can't run auras. I don't see how Archmage isn't a one-shot fiesta in today's game.

Stormbrand? They made all brands return to the cast or recall position whenever they detach. Makes it very hard for brands to crawl between packs unless you have tons of pack size and invest heavily into attachment range.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
More importantly for archmage stormbrand they made brand recall cost scale based on the original mana cost of casting the brand, which basically killed it entirely since it made brand recall cost ~2k mana in those setups.

• 1WTF

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Easy replacement for torment seemed so obvious. Rewards can be easily adjusted. Recombinators temporarily disabled even.

Gonna miss running around Glacier like an idiot trying not to get killed while I herd a giant pack of cows.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think Sentinels were fine and Recombinators were too much (that is to say, really fun to use) so I'm not surprised they both got chopped. Good to know they're on the "probably later" track though. Content on-demand at a buttons click was really nice and having those to target farm certain item types was like a much less annoying Archnemesis. I probably got something like 15-20 raw Ex in a month from the currency Sentinels and I wasn't even close to min-maxing, I'd just always try to get currency on my red/blues when combining husks.

Definitely sad seeing some now impossible items go like double Incursion gloves and such. Little stuff like that was really nice QoL and not TOO much power creep. However the +1 to all charge rings and shit were indeed a bit much probably.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can't migrate trade to standard and they said sentinels will be deleted when league ends. So why is the price going up? People wanting to use them in league?