Path of Exile

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unfortunately it seems the economy is really struggling, I've had some really good drops that aren't selling, makes progressing extremely hard.

I think divines are just too rare to have a liquid enough economy to support the loot that's dropping (altho rarely) it's like getting a mirror day 1 of a league, it's worth a ton but nobody can buy it.

Losing half the player base isn't helping either. Divines just aren't going to keep up with the amount of good rare items dropping.

Low <10c items are fine it seems but anything over a divine seems to not be moving.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
yes, exactly. I don't have divines so I can not buy anything, people do not have divines, so my stuff isn't selling. I'm around 200-300 maps estimated and 1 ex and 0 divs . This is bs as without divines there is no alternative gearing path aka crafting. And not every build plays nice with white gear in yellow or red maps, in fact most don't.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
yes, exactly. I don't have divines so I can not buy anything, people do not have divines, so my stuff isn't selling. I'm around 200-300 maps estimated and 1 ex and 0 divs . This is bs as without divines there is no alternative gearing path aka crafting. And not every build plays nice with white gear in yellow or red maps, in fact most don't.
I mean to be fair, you needed to trade for exalts to buy stuff too most of the time. Raw exalt drops weren't so common you could entirely buy your gear with them directly, usually you converted shit to chaos, then bought some exalts to buy your stuff. Not saying the drops aren't worth this league, just if you need divines to buy stuff with, you shouldn't expect to loot them.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
You could farm ex shards in Harbinger and there are several div cards that give ex. There's always been ways to get exalted orbs. The entire game economy has been based around exalted orbs and, along with fucking currency drops, they have total destroyed the economy with this change. All because Chris is mad that people made fun of him for wanting us to ex slam items.

• 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You could farm ex shards in Harbinger and there are several div cards that give ex. There's always been ways to get exalted orbs. The entire game economy has been based around exalted orbs and, along with fucking currency drops, they have total destroyed the economy with this change. All because Chris is mad that people made fun of him for wanting us to ex slam items.
Yeah I know, I made a post about that before release and how dumb it was, there were additional ways to get exalteds sure, but that only meant there were more in circulation and unless you were specifically building around farming ex yourself, it was just much more simple to buy your exalts to trade with. I don't think a lot of people actually relied 100% on their dropped exalts to buy stuff, in fact I'd bet it was a very very small minority of people. That's what the post was complaining about though, not being able to buy things with dropped divines, but that wasn't going to happen regardless. You take your chaos, buy some divines, then buy the stuff you need, this hasn't changed.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
If they want the divines to be the main currency, then it would nice if there were a vendor trade of say 150-200 chaos for one divine. That would at least let the economy get rolling again.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I mean to be fair, you needed to trade for exalts to buy stuff too most of the time. Raw exalt drops weren't so common you could entirely buy your gear with them directly, usually you converted shit to chaos, then bought some exalts to buy your stuff. Not saying the drops aren't worth this league, just if you need divines to buy stuff with, you shouldn't expect to loot them.

Exalt sources outside raw drops:

1661436369463.png

Divine sources outside raw drops:

1661436431343.png

• 1Worf

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Tomorrow is gonna be a pivotal day in the life of PoE. The community at large is either gonna collectively go "fuck this game" or "finally ggg understands". The former only requires ggg to continue with their current corporate line of ignorance, arrogance and indifference, but to achieve the latter, ggg must do so much that they don't wanna do, something that in their eyes is almost impossible. They have to revert the loot rules back to 3.18, anything less at this point is not enough. But what is gonna happen is most likely Chris "Domehead" Wilson is gonna write 6 paragraphs of vague excuses, followed by the usual "we learned from this" in various different forms, and ending with a thin list of sub-par buffs to areas of the game where it has least amount of impact. After that ggg will go radio silent when it comes to communication for at least a week, apart from maybe releasing minor bug fix patches. Just like the always do after fucking up the league start, which is basically every single time. I for one looking forward for tomorrow

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The leagues are 90 days with a complete wipe at the end. It’s not only ok for people to get good loot it’s also a hell of a lot more fun.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I have like 5ex and 2divines but am so bad at the game I, like usual, just sit on the currency till I quit then give it all away because I have no idea whats worth buying for upgrades. I did get to an all time new of bosses kills this league. Usually i never hit minotaur/hydra/chimera etc.. but have downed them + searing + eater. No idea how to get Maven or to Elder/Shaper fights but figure I'll find out at some point just by playing. Lightning strikes has been working pretty well if feeling somewhat squishy (to me).

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Tomorrow is gonna be a pivotal day in the life of PoE. The community at large is either gonna collectively go "fuck this game" or "finally ggg understands". The former only requires ggg to continue with their current corporate line of ignorance, arrogance and indifference, but to achieve the latter, ggg must do so much that they don't wanna do, something that in their eyes is almost impossible. They have to revert the loot rules back to 3.18, anything less at this point is not enough. But what is gonna happen is most likely Chris "Domehead" Wilson is gonna write 6 paragraphs of vague excuses, followed by the usual "we learned from this" in various different forms, and ending with a thin list of sub-par buffs to areas of the game where it has least amount of impact. After that ggg will go radio silent when it comes to communication for at least a week, apart from maybe releasing minor bug fix patches. Just like the always do after fucking up the league start, which is basically every single time. I for one looking forward for tomorrow

Half the people have already said fuck this game.
1661447602554.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Chris already stated and made VERY clear that there would be no Divine Shards too.

• 1WTF