Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There is no logic, it's almost completely spiteful. I play this game to tool around in PoB and try out cool interactions and builds. GGG's overreliance on the economy providing a critical mass of esoteric items leads to mega juicers having far too much influence.

For example, it was near end of the Sentinel league and I wanted to try out a couple builds for next league to see their viability for 3.19 as second+ builds. Mathil posting a build plus the economy falling below said critical mass(juicers leaving) meant some required items now cost 10x more or weren't even available.

They're never going to fix these economic problems. So, I will instead seize upon opportunities that amplify it in hopes that they are forced too. Even if self harmful.

For the record, I agree that effort in should be commensurate with reward out. If we're looking purely at that, yes, GGG fucked up. However, I prefer alch and go, juicing is far too tedious to be fun. I'll switch to content that is mob density neutral.

If the loot stays the way it is I suspect in the long run it'll be a net benefit to the normies. People really don't really comprehend just how much of the total loot in the game enters from organized farm groups, and if it those are as dead as people claim them to be than the individual just slamming maps on his own suddenly has his relative farm capabilities increase a shitload.

Super rare items may maintain inflated prices, like unnatural instincts and similar, due to less of them entering the game, but your meat and potatoes items are going to be way less inflated because there aren't thousands and thousands of exalts (or hundreds of divines now lol) entering the game every day from 6-man port farm parties.

One step closer to my dream POE: solo only trade league.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like they doubled map boss drops and increased rarity on them by a good margin, no uniques though. Just a lot of rares.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I mean, godamn if this isn't the most GGG thing ever.

I come in here to compliment them on finally making uniques meaningful and possibly build defining, only to later see that they never fucking drop and it costs a fortune to get even decent rolls.

I can't understand why they continuously step on their own dicks with nerfing builds. Who benefits when they constantly make enabling most interesting builds powerful through the middle and end game impossible without a stupid amount of investment? I guess the game truly is supported by a small group of hardcore assholes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
This nerf hits the juicers much, much harder than the normal player. It hurts everybody, but them exponentially more EXCEPT for the aforementioned items they dump into the trade world. I'm an alch and go person too, and loot so far has been exactly the same outside of Sentinel IIQ shenigans except for GCPs for me, but I've looted 0 quality gems to vendor after being spoiled by the last two leagues. Honestly the Reddit reaction to this is kind of like Clayvon and Cletus protesting about increasing taxes over people making a million a year. Kind of a "Huh?" thing, but whatever. Per usual everything will be over-buffed and those of us who didn't have a problem will just quit a week or two earlier because we get everything we want way quicker. Not that that's a bad thing, just seems everytime they overbuff they shorten league life by a lot for the degens and PoE lifers. Unfortunately the people they do this quit before even getting to yellow maps because they take Reddit and Influencer videos as the word of god.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
If the loot stays the way it is I suspect in the long run it'll be a net benefit to the normies. People really don't really comprehend just how much of the total loot in the game enters from organized farm groups, and if it those are as dead as people claim them to be than the individual just slamming maps on his own suddenly has his relative farm capabilities increase a shitload.

Super rare items may maintain inflated prices, like unnatural instincts and similar, due to less of them entering the game, but your meat and potatoes items are going to be way less inflated because there aren't thousands and thousands of exalts (or hundreds of divines now lol) entering the game every day from 6-man port farm parties.

One step closer to my dream POE: solo only trade league.

This is the most ridiculous post I've ever seen you post before.

First of all, a "normie" in this game doesn't even make it to maps. What are you defining as a normie? A solo player? Someone who puts in 2-3 hours a day and gets to maps in the first week? If you're in maps in the first 3 days, you're already not a normie.

I am not an organized farmer, but you bet I love to juice. I know how much loot enters the game from organized farm groups, and had you any understanding of how these groups work, you would know full well that your next paragraph is completely invalidated. You admit yourself that super rare items will still be ultra expensive but your meat and potatoes items are going to be way less inflated. However, no one in any organized farm group is going to pick up a single meat and potatoes item and further more meat and potatoes items are priced in such a way that it's irrelivant to the amount of currency in a league. An inpulsa is 3div this league, just like every other league where lightning is popular. The only difference is by this time in a normal league there would be over 100 of them on the market, but right now there's .... 26.

GGG could have solved this problem in a way that wouldn't frustrate me or many others by simply limiting the amount of juice that can be added. Nerfing the game-wide drop pool hurts the "normie" far more than any 6-man parties juicing party will.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This nerf hits the juicers much, much harder than the normal player. It hurts everybody, but them exponentially more EXCEPT for the aforementioned items they dump into the trade world. I'm an alch and go person too, and loot so far has been exactly the same outside of Sentinel IIQ shenigans except for GCPs for me, but I've looted 0 quality gems to vendor after being spoiled by the last two leagues. Honestly the Reddit reaction to this is kind of like Clayvon and Cletus protesting about increasing taxes over people making a million a year. Kind of a "Huh?" thing, but whatever. Per usual everything will be over-buffed and those of us who didn't have a problem will just quit a week or two earlier because we get everything we want way quicker. Not that that's a bad thing, just seems everytime they overbuff they shorten league life by a lot for the degens and PoE lifers. Unfortunately the people they do this quit before even getting to yellow maps because they take Reddit and Influencer videos as the word of god.

How many regret orbs did you have by the time you cleared out the t1-t5 maps? I had 1.

1661303849982.png

Edit: Clarification and SS.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
That looks good, but they didn't buff the shit the juicers were crying about so that's kind of funny. They're trying to shy away from mega group farming cheeze tactics and allow the individual to choose how to farm their shit, but I don't think they know how to do that without some sect of the other group getting super pissed off. Some of the guys already figured out what some of us were suggesting, rares over blues, and were using Torment juicing because Rare monsters are where 75% of the "good" loot is (as it should be, IMO) so instead of blasting 10000 blue mobs, they're killing 100 rares per map and netting 100x more loot. I didn't see the results of Torment farming, but I'm guessing Torment, Abyss, and anything else that spawns Nem rares with multiple affixes will be good. Making it super funny they removed Nemesis from the Cartographer for this league. They do need to probably hit up Exiles with a rarity or quant pass though, they've fallen behind even though traditionally they drop 1 item for every slot.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh Reddit hates it. They think it's worse than the last post!

I hope they enjoy their 3 day D4 Season on Friday. Maybe they'll understand after they've hit the gear wall in 16 hours of play that maybe that's NOT the way to make a game.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fact I haven't gotten a single leveling unique in 2 80+ characters is bullshit, I had to level my miner using the topaz + scepter recipe like some league launch scrub lol
Lifesprig would have been just dandy.

Really shows how fucked everything was.

The drop chances on uniques must be astronomical and yet I see Kobe managed to get 5 mageblood cards and is selling Uber carries within 3 days.

Shit really makes you go 🤔.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Big backpedaling

Yeah, hopefully the people that are all like "har, this is a good thing", and "loot seems fine to me!" will realize after such a huge backpedal that it really wasn't good and wasn't fine. Why GGG does this is fucking confusing. Yall give Bubbles a lot of shit (and a lot of it is justified) but he's pretty tight that GGG is gonna release a dog shit league and fix it in 2 weeks every time. Why does it need to be this way? How could GGG play testers play the game and see this and think its okay? The reputation loss that GGG has suffered here is pretty dramatic much more so than other leagues. As I mentioned in guild chat per steam charts, Lake of Kalandra has 62% retention yesterday @ day 3. Today it was down to 55% for day 4. The worst day 7 league ever (in the modern way they do content) was Expedition at 52% @ day 7.

It's so fucking stupid. Diablo 4 is coming here in the somewhat near future and PoE 2 should be out by around then. This is THE time for GGG to step up their game and make their game FUN and something people want to play. They totally and completely dropped the ball on this one though, and this league its already too late.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
That looks good, but they didn't buff the shit the juicers were crying about so that's kind of funny. They're trying to shy away from mega group farming cheeze tactics and allow the individual to choose how to farm their shit, but I don't think they know how to do that without some sect of the other group getting super pissed off. Some of the guys already figured out what some of us were suggesting, rares over blues, and were using Torment juicing because Rare monsters are where 75% of the "good" loot is (as it should be, IMO) so instead of blasting 10000 blue mobs, they're killing 100 rares per map and netting 100x more loot. I didn't see the results of Torment farming, but I'm guessing Torment, Abyss, and anything else that spawns Nem rares with multiple affixes will be good. Making it super funny they removed Nemesis from the Cartographer for this league. They do need to probably hit up Exiles with a rarity or quant pass though, they've fallen behind even though traditionally they drop 1 item for every slot.

The bottom line is just make the game fun. That's all. And guess what? a 6 man group running a highly optimized strategy spending tons of currency to roll maps and shit ABSOLUTELY should be able to get far more return than an average player whether no matter how GGG balances the drops. This wasn't happening before. A super highly optimized farm crew literally was making 50 chaos profit per map with over a 250 chaos map investment. That's like alch and go and getting 1.2 alchs back per map. And if you feel that's bad, that's not their problem: GGG has systems in place that ENCOURAGE all these mechanics on the maps now. The fact they nerfed all that league stuff is also hilarious because that's indirectly caused Lake of Kalandra league content to be absolute dog shit in comparison to the generic nodes like "lol kill some monkeys". So again, while yall celebrate it, you're also getting hurt by it.

The super-farmers will always find a way to make it work. Whether its torment juicing, or some other special strategy to do or not do things. There will always be super farmers in this game. GGG is simply taking the easy way out and it's pissing off a majority of their playerbase in the process.

This is why reddit still hates this post, btw. It's not because it sucks -- it doesnt. It's nice to see GGG realizing they fucked up. It's because GGG fucking lied about all this shit. Even the harvest crafts that were nerfed and now missing were in the fucking reveal video. They kept all of this out about patch notes. And quite frankly, this really upset people because they feel like GGG doe snot respect their time.

Patch notes are not changelogs. They are patch notes, which include changelogs and other changes.

• 2Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

• Fixed an issue where strongboxes could sometimes drop no items. Strongboxes will now always drop at least one item.
  • Synthesise an item, giving random Synthesised implicits now has a cost of 5000 (previously 50000).
  • Reforge an Influenced Rare item with random modifiers, including a Influence modifier now has a cost of 5000 (previously 50000).

Game is fine yall.

• 2Worf

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1661323954094.png

Bramble valley boss after patch.

1661324328264.png

Lava chamber boss.

1661324548543.png

Dry sea boss.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That actually looks kinda nice, moving a bunch of the loot on the boss(and archnemesis rares) instead of white mobs. Overall their original idea of removing the hidden modifiers on league mechanics that made juicers stack everything together for big returns wasn't bad, but the fact they tried to sneak it in secretly and the fact they completely missed the mark was messy. I'm not sure how those changes passed QA, unless they purposefully choose to ignore all feedback from their testers telling them they weren't getting shit.

• 2Like