Path of Exile

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Honest nonsarcastic question to you pros about the whole loot situation: why is GGG's stance to have yellows that are 99.99% useless, make crafting so difficult and require so much farming? The league lasts three month and then everything rots in standard, right? So why bother making everything so damn time consuming and rare? Why even have light radius as a stat, make players identify everything when you drop like 10.000 items per single map and all those hurdles? Some mechanisms were fine 20 years ago when you hauled back your 10 items to you D2 camp but in 2022 with a concept like POE why not give players consistent power ups for every milestone they reach in game? I honestly - and again no sarcasm - don't get the philosophy behind POE and maybe never did. The most fun I had I remember was 3.13, there was crazy crafting and insane OP builds but I got somewhere in 2-3 weeks of playtime.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I've tried speccing Abyss this league just for shits. Haven't done a lot of them yet cause I'm still working through early red maps, but so far they seem... ok? It spawns a TON of extra monsters if you get an abyssal depths which has been somewhat common, and the xp from them is pretty good. Still haven't hit any of the 5 and 6 mod corrupted gems from the atlas passive though. Now if only some of the stygian's I've had drop would sell.

That's the number 1 problem I have with this game: selling 'good' items. I watch streamers and they get a good rog item or craft something and they're like "I sold it for 4divs(ex in old leagues)!" That basically never happens for me. I price check everything, put it up for what looks like a competitive price, and... NOTHING. Unless it's 'commodity' type items like temples with good rooms, blueprints, a good unique like an Aegis Aurora, it's just not going to sell. And that's not just this league, that's most leagues.

Combine that with good currency never dropping and it's just really frustrating to play this game sometimes. Like last league I played for weeks, got to the point I had like 800k monsters killed, and I had 2raw EX drop all league. Everything else I got from grinding out temples and selling things in the 10-60 chaos range. I see these assholes talk about how they get 4DIV per hour for this farming strat or that and it's always from selling some good item they got during that hour. So then I'm back to square 1: good items don't sell, so this asshole's entire farming strat is just bullshit.

Sorry for the rant, I just get tired of all of the """strats""" in this game that people tout that are complete horseshit that doesn't work for anyone who's not a streamer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
As someone who doesn't understand the finer points of a lot of those good arguments, the thing that I can say bothering me the most is that alch/vaal'd red map bosses are easier to kill than half the regular white mob trash in the lake (and other places), outside of the first entry tile or two.

I fully expect to have to play perfect the farther on in lake, but getting cleaved in two by garbage is not fun at all. I'd rather just zoom around maps detonating everything with little difficulty

Yes this plays into the whole "skip content" thing I'm talking about. In the past, league content was usually punishing hard like this, but the rewards were so good it was still worth doing. It's not anymore.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Honest nonsarcastiv question to you pros about the whole loot situation: why is GGG's stance to have yellows that are 99.99% useless, make crafting so difficult and require so much farming? The league lasts three month and then everything rots in standard, right? So why bother making everything so damn time consuming and rare? Why even have light radius as a stat, make players identify everything when you drop like 10.000 items per single map and all those hurdles? Some mechanisms were fine 20 years ago when you hauled back your 10 items to you D2 camp but in 2022 with a concept like POE why not give players consistent power ups for every milestone they reach in game? I honestly - and again no sarcasm - don't get the philosophy behind POE and maybe never did. The most fun I had I remember was 3.13, there was crazy crafting and insane OP builds but I got somewhere in 2-3 weeks of playtime.

Because Chris gets personally insulted when Ben beats the ubers on the 2nd day of the league.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Because Chris gets personally insulted when Ben beats the ubers on the 2nd day of the league.

I know for a fact he monitored that sentinel gauntlet and was rustled by the amount of people beating the campaign and getting into red maps etc

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Chris is obsessed with the trade aspects combined with how long it took to get some pieces in d2. Personally, I’d have made a soulbound class of gear and made all harvest crafts apply that to it. Then I’d have aped Last Epochs fracture mechanic for the item to give a soulbound item limited crafts before it became essentially a soulbound mirrored item. It would have been a decent money sink. You’d have to start over a lot on base types.

I used to be able to take 3-4 builds on 2 hours a night of playtime through Sirus 8 per league. I usually crafted a few of my pieces. Last two leagues I played it felt like I was struggling to do two builds. So something changed.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think Archnemesis works exactly like they want it to work some of the time. You're going about your day when you come across some huge beater with a pile of mods, have an epic struggle and he shits out a big pile of stuff on to the ground. When that happens it feels pretty good.

Where the mods go to shit is when you're doing a map with a gigantic mess of shit running at your face trying to dodge all kinds of orbs from the sky, degen on the ground, nasty auras, lightning chaser guys and a mixed bag of character impairing status effects. If you don't have enough damage relative to map density you might as well get out the clown car

clown car gif.gif

and throw on Yakety Sax

because it's going to get really fucking stupid. It's the Fun Police writing me up for not having enough dps.

If I got to propose a fix it would be to bring back the old mods while keeping the Archnemesis mods. Basically everything right now that would spawn with one or two mods instead is reverted to the old system but you can still run in to threes and fours although rarely. The pile of shitter rares with annoying mods that never drop anything can fuck right off.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Balancing around the 0.1% is dumb. But so is balancing around the barely in reds player. There’s a reasonable middle ground. We were there for leagues like Legion, ultimatum, etc.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, they've lost sight of the playerbase, and are balancing shit around the streamers. I mean look at the reddit post from Bex closely. I want to highlight a few things you wouldn't ever expect to see from a game company communicating to the player base or things that are clearly factually incorrect.

However, initial discussions suggest there is a fair bit of team agreement around it feeling bad.

Why does it sound like the players that feel it feels bad gets no weight here?

Now that crafts are tradeable, Harvest's power was reduced to be more in line with other crafting methods.

Crafts have ALWAYS BEEN TRADEABLE. This is nothing new, and was communicated as a complete excuse to justify the nerf.

While this isn't exactly what you want to hear, I can say that this issue was pushed very hard during discussions to see if any compromise could be made.

Compromise? To who? Are there different factions within GGG about game direction? Do the players get a vote in these discussions too if you're doing it this way?

These currency items are intended to fulfil similar functions to some of the removed Harvest crafts

You just got done telling us that you nerfed them because they are now tradeable as if that's something new, then you turn around and say you're making these currencies more common because they are intended to do similar functions to the removed crafts. Which is it? Are they too powerful or not? Last I checked, this currency is tradeable.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Can you still get actual nothing from a Harvest plot? The whatever quant/rarity the monsters had got nerfed to hell and you aren't guaranteed ANY goo at all. After a couple Harvests with plots that yielded nothing I took the Black Thumb Atlas passive. The one craft I wanted to use (quality adds to accuracy instead of damage) was five-fucking-thousand orange goo. Crafts that were no big deal were now going to be a substantial investment. I'd rather the whole thing didn't exist rather than be terrible.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
YMMV but yes, that was my experience. Had a red map harvest that had alch/vaal on it, did a plot and got... 12? purple essence, noped out of that one real quick. Will happily run my delirium maps and just buy essence if needed

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Can you still get actual nothing from a Harvest plot? The whatever quant/rarity the monsters had got nerfed to hell and you aren't guaranteed ANY goo at all. After a couple Harvests with plots that yielded nothing I took the Black Thumb Atlas passive. The one craft I wanted to use (quality adds to accuracy instead of damage) was five-fucking-thousand orange goo. Crafts that were no big deal were now going to be a substantial investment. I'd rather the whole thing didn't exist rather than be terrible.
I am using it to reroll my corrupted maps because my Vaals to do the red map atlas completes have been harsh. So many no regen and I am running RF. It costs 200 wilds and can collect like 300+ in a single red tier Harvest usually.

Then I am completely speccing out of it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've said this before but when they take a hammer to Expedition I'm done. It won't be because I dislike the game or I got big mad over some pixels. I legitimately won't have any fucking idea what to do to get acceptable items. If the League mechanic isn't hand holdy (Ritual and Ultimatum as examples) I'm going to be 100% boned.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
300 life force is almost 10c, that's not bad for extra content that doesn't take much extra time to run.

My plan has always been to spec into content you like doing. Put your loot filter to an amount of clicking you can stomach vs how poor you are. Pick up shit your loot filter tells you to. If it's a rare, ID it, throw it in a rotating group of quad stash tabs. If you get bombarded soon after, pull the item out, price check it, stick it in a fixed price tab. Spend an hour or 2 every weekend bulk selling whatever currencies you've built up that you won't use.

I'm going to do Harvest and Expedition plus synth, shaper, conq, and eater/exarch wheels. Harvest because it may not be the most lucrative, it is the most brain dead to run and sell in bulk. And Expedition because gumball currency isn't that common this league.

Last edited:

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
I've tried speccing Abyss this league just for shits. Haven't done a lot of them yet cause I'm still working through early red maps, but so far they seem... ok? It spawns a TON of extra monsters if you get an abyssal depths which has been somewhat common, and the xp from them is pretty good. Still haven't hit any of the 5 and 6 mod corrupted gems from the atlas passive though. Now if only some of the stygian's I've had drop would sell.

That's the number 1 problem I have with this game: selling 'good' items. I watch streamers and they get a good rog item or craft something and they're like "I sold it for 4divs(ex in old leagues)!" That basically never happens for me. I price check everything, put it up for what looks like a competitive price, and... NOTHING. Unless it's 'commodity' type items like temples with good rooms, blueprints, a good unique like an Aegis Aurora, it's just not going to sell. And that's not just this league, that's most leagues.

Combine that with good currency never dropping and it's just really frustrating to play this game sometimes. Like last league I played for weeks, got to the point I had like 800k monsters killed, and I had 2raw EX drop all league. Everything else I got from grinding out temples and selling things in the 10-60 chaos range. I see these assholes talk about how they get 4DIV per hour for this farming strat or that and it's always from selling some good item they got during that hour. So then I'm back to square 1: good items don't sell, so this asshole's entire farming strat is just bullshit.

Sorry for the rant, I just get tired of all of the """strats""" in this game that people tout that are complete horseshit that doesn't work for anyone who's not a streamer.

One thing I started a few leagues ago that seems to work well. Create a few tabs at fixed price and progressively walk the cost up as the league goes on. For whatever reason, when you change the price a few items sell (I'm assuming because it looks like it was just listed). You can then oscillate the price +/- 1 chaos to see if anyone bites on the hundred or so items you have there. Not going to get you rich, but I made a few hundred chaos so far this league.

For pricier items, start a bit higher then just walk the price down every few hours. I'd rather sell something fairly cheap than sit on it forever.

Obviously if you list something and get a ton of tells, delist it and research the price because it's most likely worth a good bit more.

I used to spend too much time researching prices and not playing. That I think is the major difference there.

Lightning Fast
One thing I started a few leagues ago that seems to work well. Create a few tabs at fixed price and progressively walk the cost up as the league goes on. For whatever reason, when you change the price a few items sell (I'm assuming because it looks like it was just listed). You can then oscillate the price +/- 1 chaos to see if anyone bites on the hundred or so items you have there. Not going to get you rich, but I made a few hundred chaos so far this league.

For pricier items, start a bit higher then just walk the price down every few hours. I'd rather sell something fairly cheap than sit on it forever.

Obviously if you list something and get a ton of tells, delist it and research the price because it's most likely worth a good bit more.

I used to spend too much time researching prices and not playing. That I think is the major difference there.
Believe me I try that and it doesn't really matter.

Like, an example: I think it was either last league or maybe 3.17 -they tend to run together- that I tried to sell a wand with +1 lightning gems and +1 spell gems and t2 lightning damage and some other stuff. Awakened poe trade says that's like 1-3EX, I look up the trade site and there's a couple listed in that range, so list it for 2.5. Nothing for a day. I tried dropping it .5 EX, nothing. After like a week I think I had it listed at 50c and it NEVER sold, no tells, nothing. For anything that's not a commodity type item, that's usually how it goes. And it was fairly early in the league, like week 2-3.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That would probably sell this league ;)

What lightning skill was meta previously?

You gotta accept shit is going to never sell that should. Scoresby's point is not that there's some magic way to get high price items to move. The point is not to spend much time on it. And, implicitly, to have the stash tab space to maintain a decent inventory.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Spending as little time as possible fucking with it makes a lot of sense. If you fuck something up really badly it is not like you won't get spammed.

Lightning Fast
That would probably sell this league ;)

What lightning skill was meta previously?

You gotta accept shit is going to never sell that should. Scoresby's point is not that there's some magic way to get high price items to move. The point is not to spend much time on it. And, implicitly, to have the stash tab space to maintain a decent inventory.
And my point is that getting nothing every time is still 0 no matter the time you spend on it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Quit reading most of his long manifestos when he whined about GGG wanting to slow the game down, made heist league that had a timer.