Path of Exile

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just join a challenge buying trade channel and you can buy 4 in no time. All in all, I have no doubt you can finish the lab and uber challenges in under 2 hours if you just want to get them done.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I hear ya. I used to think the same of regular Shaper, but he's pretty easy these days. But I don't think that's inherent to the fight itself, just done it enough times that I don't have to think to react anymore. Most of the Ubers will get that way...eventually. Though I think some of them contain some hardcore bullshit mechanics. The practice required to get Exarch balls, Eater "Perish" beams, Shaper bullet hell, etc down to memory...I think that's what needs to change. The feeling of all the currency pissing away while you fuck up for 6 portals or a stupid fucking elevated sextant.

Though, god forbid they make these fights actually feel worthwhile to run. Do the uber version or you are wasting your frags!

Everything comes back to the fucking economy. Easily the worst part of this game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The biggest issue with uber bosses is that you access them for free with a passive point. It's baffling honestly.

Chris constantly talks about how difficulty and rewards should come with investment but for some reason they don't in this case.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
How does it work buying boss kills? Do you get credit if you join a game and sit in their hideout, or do you zone in and try to stay alive? Haven't thought about it since Sirius sat an orb on the zone in and I ate 6 deaths trying to even see him.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Sirus fight is the worst in the game, change my mind. I have perfect vision and play on my 53 inch TV, and I can't see shit in that fight. I did the vanilla fight four times this league and it turned me off enough that I completely bailed on the game again lol. I killed multiples of all the rest of the vanilla forms of the bosses except Maven, because as a RF build that memory game sucks and the degen beams instantly kill me. Not cool, man.

As Deathwing said, increased DPS would make Sirus easier because you don't have to dodge shit for as long, but Maven is just annoying.

I've never done Uber kills, maybe next league, I ran out of steam. Too bad because I was doing decent on the challenges. I think I was well over 4000 on that Modified Atlas Grind. Trying to do one of those advanced Blight maps was annoying me as well. Yuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The Sirus red-black design is indeed horrible. You can overgear the fight to make that less of a factor. The other challenging part of the fight, rotating quad beams followed "NONEXISTENCE" followed by "DIE" feels like it you can survive it with the tools given to you by the game. Those tools largely being cooldown-based movement skills. I've done Sirus deathless most of the time recently and when I die, it's usually my fault for tunnel visioning.

Maven's memory game doesn't really feel like you have the tools for it. I don't do that fight unless I'm prepared to eat a phase 3 death. Or, my character is quick with a cooldownless movement skill. Even just watching the memory game sequence while dodging those beams feels unfair.

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
How does it work buying boss kills? Do you get credit if you join a game and sit in their hideout, or do you zone in and try to stay alive? Haven't thought about it since Sirius sat an orb on the zone in and I ate 6 deaths trying to even see him.

You have zone in but you don't have to survive.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
They could easily make sirus more visible by just changing the zone to daytime instead of night. I’m guessing they want the shit visibility there for ‘difficulty’ or whatever.
I think it’s fine for just one passive point to get Ubers because they don’t really give much of an award boost other than some ultra rare drops

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You're playing mines as the superior miner class, Inquisitor. So, naturally, you want to put consecrated ground on the enemy. From a distance. I want to throw consecrated ground at them from far away. If only I had some sort of consecrated ground thrower.

Stupid, dated reference aside, don't say Zealotry. Doesn't work with about half the mine skills and GGG is going to "bug" fix it at some point. Also don't say Arcanist Brand - Purifying Flame. Miners get shit for cast speed, so it's a legit hazard having to cast that shit.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
You're playing mines as the superior miner class, Inquisitor. So, naturally, you want to put consecrated ground on the enemy. From a distance. I want to throw consecrated ground at them from far away. If only I had some sort of consecrated ground thrower.

Stupid, dated reference aside, don't say Zealotry. Doesn't work with about half the mine skills and GGG is going to "bug" fix it at some point. Also don't say Arcanist Brand - Purifying Flame. Miners get shit for cast speed, so it's a legit hazard having to cast that shit.
Holy flame totem? I got nothing.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I seem to recall purifying flame having pretty large area with minimal area investment, there may be a way to get that going with cast on crit + utility spell like WoC or hydrosphere? Might get at least partial coverage that way.

EDIT: cast on crit + lightning warp(shield charge?) + purifying flame + faster casting support... + area?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
CoC won't trigger off lightning warp. Doubt accuracy will be anything but default, so it won't be reliable. At that point, if I have to hit the target with a movement skill, the consecrated ground you create around yourself while stationary would be better.

Arcanist Brand supported by faster casting is best I got so far, bleh. Let's me slot in culling strike, but still doesn't feel great.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Posted to pathofexilebuilds, not the main subreddit, that place sucks, they were surprisingly useful. Mine - Purifying Flame was a decent suggestion, though would have to test how the "you" plays out there.

Completely forgot trigger craft on weapon. Probably going to go with that, wins out on QoL if not best on uptime since I'm a simpleton and hate anything but the easiest rotation. Cast Mark once, put up Frost Shield when you have an opportunity to unload, otherwise dodge shit.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This shit sounds horrible. Nothing about it sounds fun. I really don't think Chris plays this game anymore. I think he plays D3 or D2R and tries to copy the feel you get from getting loot in those games. It's just that those games are balanced around that type of progression system.

I hope even the streamers skip this shit.

Or maybe I'm wrong and this is good for the game but I just don't see it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well streamers will definitely play this even if they hate it cause people will want to watch them suffer. A few people who hate having fun will likely play too because "it's the true way the game should be" and other ego masturbation nonsense will make them feel better about themselves, but yeah this looks absolutely fucking worthless and a huge waste of time. Although from the looks of it, since they're just tweaking some shit down and removing NPCs inventories and what not, not much dev time went into this, so probably not that huge in the end.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's something you maybe play like 3-4 hours of, go "yeah, that was hard."

Then never play it again. I'm sure some streamers will make it their thing and people will tune in to watch people in all dropped rares try and kill the shaper it took them 3 weeks to farm.

O_T

Trakanon Raider
I feel like the only point of it is to keep streamers invested in the game longer then the 3 days it takes now to kill everything.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I remember installing the Everquest Beta onto my computer with my brother and being really excited to play. We created a human Monk and were dropped outside of a city in a zone called Qeynos Hills. We were immediately attacked by a rat and died after about 20 hits because there was no attack button and the beta CD did not come with instructions. This was 1997 and there were no internet sites yet to tell you how to play. We respawned and ran away from the rats and into the large city of Qeynos. It was pretty to look at but there was no way to interact with any NPC characters because there were no instructions on how to talk with them. It took about 45 minutes before we turned it off and never looked back. About 5 months later an AOL chatroom for D&D RPGs had people talking about EQ and how they had a website forum that had instructions on how to play. We eventually started playing again and had a good time but I never forgot how bad that game was when it felt like you were just there to be punched in the dick.

That whole story is the only thing I could think of when I was reading about "Ruthless" mode. Have fun getting punched in the dick willingly.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users