Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Mathil looks like a cross dresser hanging around the bad part of the french quarter. Just saying.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Cost me a third of my resolve bar to clear the first sanctum using a strike

I regret my decision immediately

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Got reward for clearning floor on first one. I thought that wasn't bad since I knew zero about sanctum and just went by the pop ups in game.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
My second Sanctum room was a ranged boss that immediately ate my Resolve.

I wasn't even aware of the Resolve mechanic and I was all - what the eff, how did I fail?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
God damn marauder has fuck all for damage to start chieftain on ruthless

• 1Salty

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Marauder start is indeed mega butt cancer, doesn't even have to be ruthless

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

My replacement account needs an invite. My original account can be booted or trashed.

Knippley character name.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just getting into Act 2, obviously early, but this league mechanic seems super unrewarding and punishing. I'd complain that passive damage builds have a huge advantage but this doesn't seem worth the time so far.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've been speeding through one Twilight Strand after another in Act 6, storing up eight rooms and then running a bunch of Temple at once to get some reps in. I found it very frustrating during the first couple of acts and set it aside.

So far during the campaign it does not feel worth it given the time investment (just doing the rooms, not my storing up eight of them) nor am I particularly enjoying it. A league mechanic being one way early and being different in maps is nothing new but for now I'd say skip it once you'll done a little sightseeing

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Just getting into Act 2, obviously early, but this league mechanic seems super unrewarding and punishing. I'd complain that passive damage builds have a huge advantage but this doesn't seem worth the time so far.

That's the case in every mechanic basically so nothing new there.

I think what's rustling me about this is that is just absolutely shits on you for having a character invested in defenses. My fortify/max res/armor/evasion wheels, determination, banners, all of it means jack shit in sanctums. None of it reduces my resolve damage at all, and thus far in act9 the actual HP damage in them is so low as to be basically 0.

So i've got multiple auras and 30ish passive points just doing absolutely nothing for me in sanctum content. I've stopped even trying for now, maybe give it another go on a 2nd character that's a 2k life ice shot deadeye or something retarded that is more suited for it.

• 2Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I gotta say, going through the acts so far, the game has felt so much easier. Does this continue into maps as well?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God damn marauder has fuck all for damage to start chieftain on ruthless

You just need to get good.

First day of HC Ruthless down. Was top 10 for getting through the story after playing way too much. Could have probably done top 5 but I had to do some muling to get required gems at the start. It's next to impossible to keep up with the cold DoTers. I should outlive them though on the Jugg.

Capture.PNG

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh and funniest moment of the day. In a league where they removed all the movement skills, they didn't remove Bronn's Lithe. That's Ruthless.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    106 KB · Views: 38
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
ArchNonemesis is hilarious. Somethings borked and some of these fucks are absolutely worse than last league. It's great. And now trying to read 4 lines of all white text to see wtf is going on is more complciated than the HUGE, COLOR-COATED name they had during ArchNem. Way to go Reddit, you fucked yourself again!

Sanctum is not for lower levels. You need high mobility and/or omega damage to do it well. Mobility moreso, including dps on the move so long cast times and wind-up attacks like slams are a pain the dick. Minions/totems own these things. I'm thinking some weird Raider Totem build might be the best later on or something else zoomy that can drop accessory dps while they just dodge mechanics. Is it worth it? It's RNG. I had floors where I had no loot because I didn't push anything to the end and I got mostly fountains/merchants. But I DID have a floor at level 57 which yielded 9 raw chaos which let me buy my BLS and more than double my dps. It's a weird mechanic because it rewards slow, careful play but you have to be fast to execute it properly. Real weird.

Volcanic Fissure is pretty decent. Haven't stuck it in totems yet as I just have a 4 link so I'm manually doing it and it fucks butt pretty well. When I end up with 50% more attack speed and 3 totems blasting the balls it should be a boss annihilator. People honestly may stick with Conc Totems for maps and maybe Sanctum as well, but I think Fissure will be the superior totem for bosses outside of highly moba PITAs like Maven.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OK, so anyone playing Maurder start in general what is the super early go to for DPS to just get to Act 3? Is it just 2 hander 3 link upgrade when possible and rely on a totem for kiting hard stuff?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's the case in every mechanic basically so nothing new there.

I think what's rustling me about this is that is just absolutely shits on you for having a character invested in defenses. My fortify/max res/armor/evasion wheels, determination, banners, all of it means jack shit in sanctums. None of it reduces my resolve damage at all, and thus far in act9 the actual HP damage in them is so low as to be basically 0.

So i've got multiple auras and 30ish passive points just doing absolutely nothing for me in sanctum content. I've stopped even trying for now, maybe give it another go on a 2nd character that's a 2k life ice shot deadeye or something retarded that is more suited for it.
Yes, but this one seems especially worthless. At least while leveling.

Your evasion should be doing something, but that's about it.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Sanctum as expected is unrewarded as fuck and in two weeks will be dropping divines left and right.

Seriously though they could have added a ton of fun cool things to this as a rogue like but instead, it's gonna be another 90%bad things 10% good things. Only currency rewards is a bizarre design choice.

"When I played hades, I once cleared the game 200% weaker than when I started!" - Chris Wilson

However archnem being gone is wonderful and I'm not sure about the complaints there. These mods are infinitely better than last league.

• 2Like