Path of Exile

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
OK bros, no trolling/memeing, I think I found a good off meta build that might work since frozen legion looks DOA until proven otherwise:

Hydrosphere was pretty fun when I was using it as a utility skill a few leagues ago, it's like sweeping a ball of death around the screen. Plus I kinda wanna do something other than my usual melee variation, and cold sounds appealing too. I can always do a Vaal Smite/some other skill Champ as a second character if the league turns out to be as good as we think. Armour+evasion Champ seems to be the best template for a variety of melee skills to make something to play around with the new vaal stuff. I would do volcanic fissure but I just played molten strike last league, and it seems basically the same. I'll save it for a future league I think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Roll champion aura/buff stacker with me. Dual wield inchimonjis cause onslaught is a buff now and the new vaal smite aura is nuts, swap in whatever ele conversion skill you like really

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, a channeling skill without the tag?

I remember when that guy posted that build in 3.19. He didn't seem to understand the mechanics of how/when it pulsed exactly. I was interested in it because it's a candidate for Hatred and Heatshiver abuse, but ultimately decided to drop it because the playstyle didn't look fun.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone played Trinity Venom gyre (kobeblackmamba build) and know how good it would be in like toxic sewers vs blight stuff (toxic being a natural t16 makes it interesting)? Or against loaded delirium maps with no explosions in the build?
Having a real hard time settling on any build this time especially.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m going against everyone’s advice and tryna force a frozen region build, will report back. I expect to have to respec around maps

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Got a pob for what you're thinking of?

Not a fully updated one yet, still waiting on PoB to update.

This one was from a few leagues ago though and a lot of it will translate over. We lose mantra of flames sadly, but gaining buff scaling on onslaught and the massive vaal smite aura should more than make up for it. You could build way less defense too and not use perseverance depending on how software you wanna be

• 1Solidarity

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there an updated pob with the new tree? Mine is not updating past august 19
Works if you just need to see what the tree looks like...Last i heard pob should be updated today though

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Not a fully updated one yet, still waiting on PoB to update.

This one was from a few leagues ago though and a lot of it will translate over. We lose mantra of flames sadly, but gaining buff scaling on onslaught and the massive vaal smite aura should more than make up for it. You could build way less defense too and not use perseverance depending on how software you wanna be

Ahh, right I think I remember seeing that build before. Looks pretty good and tanky, which I prefer.

I still think I'm going to go with the hydrosphere build, just because my last several leagues have been melee builds. I might tweak it to be more ES instead of life based, but I dunno if I want to spend that much time dinking around in POB, so I'll likely just go with what that dude did which looks pretty comprehensive tbh. And I'd never heard of this guy 'aero' before this. *shrug*

If nothing else it gives you guys content here to laugh at me when it all goes wrong. Can't let Pasteton Pasteton have all the fun in that department! :I'm Fine:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Here's a brief info on getting map completion to 100 for those who have trouble or complain they're running out of alchemies in yellow maps. Spoiler for people who already know this:

Early Mapping Tips/Strats

-On completing the game you're given a map choice from Kirac. Don't pick the best layout, first check if you've already got all 4/4 maps (you may) and if not, make sure to grab one you don't have
-Blue white maps as you get them. Obviously. You'll probably get to do a new map until around 30-40 completion, then you'll have some yellow maps. Don't run them early as you may need the exp from those tier later and if you're not a meta build you may have trouble. Try running good layout white maps that you have multiple of. This helps get random same-tier drops you may be missing.
-Check Kirac. Kirac has a bunch of shit, hold alt to see what you're missing, never buy anything early on that's going to cost you something like 7 alchs unless you've got more than enough alchs to spare.
-Kirac missions are HUGE. For two reasons: one they allow you to get completion of a map and sometimes unique hard to find maps for easy Atlas completion and reason two, IT RESETS KIRACS MERCHANDISE. Everytime you run a mission it full resets Kirac helping fill out early Atlas gaps.
-Horizon orbs: don't use them on tiers with large numbers of maps. Sometimes tiers like 6 and 7 will have like 8 natural maps. You're better off using it on another tier where you have 3/5 natural maps completed.
-Vendoring maps at lower tiers 3:1 will give you a random map. Switch around the maps you're selling and sometimes you'll get lucky. Only really advisable early on with T1 and T2 maps.
-Don't sell maps early on. Once you reach 60+ atlas each map you run is going to be at LEAST one map back in return and it's not worth the trade hassle. You could try and sell maps with absolute shit layouts, but no one will buy them except card farmers usually. Just run em.
-After about 90-100 Atlas your map return will be insane. If you're not sustaining, you're not rolling maps. You just need to alch and go with mods you can run, that's all it takes. Don't over think rolling maps.

Basically the best advice I can give is run Kirac Missions ASAP, check him before and after you run the mission, and use Horizon on tiers with the highest chance of hitting a missing map gap.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
For sure kirac is great.
It's kind of suprising to me that in that long list you didnt mention the shaping notables (sky, mountains, valleys and seas). Getting 100% chance to +1 tier a map is basically 3 times the maps by extrapolation from the 3 to 1 recipe. Alltough if you don't have a build that can handle the harder content it doesnt serve you too much going to higher tiers faster.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well I don't 100% know how Atlas Passives are right now, and we won't know for sure until a few hours before league tomorrow, but I've never personally had to spec into those. If people are struggling or can't run alch'd yellow maps, I'd definitely suggest it, but once you start hitting alch n go sustain in the high yellows it's wasted points IMO.

• 1Solidarity

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
OK bros, no trolling/memeing, I think I found a good off meta build that might work since frozen legion looks DOA until proven otherwise:

Hydrosphere was pretty fun when I was using it as a utility skill a few leagues ago, it's like sweeping a ball of death around the screen. Plus I kinda wanna do something other than my usual melee variation, and cold sounds appealing too. I can always do a Vaal Smite/some other skill Champ as a second character if the league turns out to be as good as we think. Armour+evasion Champ seems to be the best template for a variety of melee skills to make something to play around with the new vaal stuff. I would do volcanic fissure but I just played molten strike last league, and it seems basically the same. I'll save it for a future league I think.
Yeah, I'm gonna give this a shot as a league start. Bright side, if i dont like it, can swap into cold dot/ignite with regrets.

• 1Solidarity

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Here's a brief info on getting map completion to 100 for those who have trouble or complain they're running out of alchemies in yellow maps. Spoiler for people who already know this:

Early Mapping Tips/Strats

-On completing the game you're given a map choice from Kirac. Don't pick the best layout, first check if you've already got all 4/4 maps (you may) and if not, make sure to grab one you don't have
-Blue white maps as you get them. Obviously. You'll probably get to do a new map until around 30-40 completion, then you'll have some yellow maps. Don't run them early as you may need the exp from those tier later and if you're not a meta build you may have trouble. Try running good layout white maps that you have multiple of. This helps get random same-tier drops you may be missing.
-Check Kirac. Kirac has a bunch of shit, hold alt to see what you're missing, never buy anything early on that's going to cost you something like 7 alchs unless you've got more than enough alchs to spare.
-Kirac missions are HUGE. For two reasons: one they allow you to get completion of a map and sometimes unique hard to find maps for easy Atlas completion and reason two, IT RESETS KIRACS MERCHANDISE. Everytime you run a mission it full resets Kirac helping fill out early Atlas gaps.
-Horizon orbs: don't use them on tiers with large numbers of maps. Sometimes tiers like 6 and 7 will have like 8 natural maps. You're better off using it on another tier where you have 3/5 natural maps completed.
-Vendoring maps at lower tiers 3:1 will give you a random map. Switch around the maps you're selling and sometimes you'll get lucky. Only really advisable early on with T1 and T2 maps.
-Don't sell maps early on. Once you reach 60+ atlas each map you run is going to be at LEAST one map back in return and it's not worth the trade hassle. You could try and sell maps with absolute shit layouts, but no one will buy them except card farmers usually. Just run em.
-After about 90-100 Atlas your map return will be insane. If you're not sustaining, you're not rolling maps. You just need to alch and go with mods you can run, that's all it takes. Don't over think rolling maps.

Basically the best advice I can give is run Kirac Missions ASAP, check him before and after you run the mission, and use Horizon on tiers with the highest chance of hitting a missing map gap.
Wait, wait.

Hole up.

If I hold alt while looking at Kirac's sale tab maps it will tell me if I have it completed or not?

My whole world just shifted.

There was only one league a long time ago I had problem with map sustain and completing the Atlas, and for the life of me I cannot remember which, but a LOT of people were having issues. I also never had an issue getting all the Trials when you needed them, for some reason. It seems to be the only luck I have in my entire life bahahaha!

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Wait, wait.

Hole up.

If I hold alt while looking at Kirac's sale tab maps it will tell me if I have it completed or not?

My whole world just shifted.

While holding down alt

1670552802552.png

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah, I'm gonna give this a shot as a league start. Bright side, if i dont like it, can swap into cold dot/ignite with regrets.

I may start with this, after my extensive 5 minute search.

• 1Mic Drop

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only rules I follow, and I SSF my entire atlas every league, is I always check Kirac after a mission to buy up anything in the early game until red maps. I'll pay the premium to avoid trading. I hate trading.

I don't alch and go until tier 8+. I only alch for completion.

I always just run my highest uncompleted map.

Always do Kirac missions for completion, if you can't get bonus objectives its fine if there are no bonus objective options (this usually only applys for Red maps corrupted) because once you've run them at least you've unlocked them in your pool

Using those two rules I literally never have trouble SSF my entire atlas by like first week (I'm casual fuck off).

• 1Truth!

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Only rules I follow, and I SSF my entire atlas every league, is I always check Kirac after a mission to buy up anything in the early game until red maps. I'll pay the premium to avoid trading. I hate trading.

I don't alch and go until tier 8+. I only alch for completion.

I always just run my highest uncompleted map.

Always do Kirac missions for completion, if you can't get bonus objectives its fine if there are no bonus objective options (this usually only applys for Red maps corrupted) because once you've run them at least you've unlocked them in your pool

Using those two rules I literally never have trouble SSF my entire atlas by like first week (I'm casual fuck off).
Interestingly, I've never bought a map in my entire history of playing PoE.

I used to SSF before there was SSF, then I official SSF'd, then I realized I played enough that I made sufficient currency to buy some core build items so I don't SSF anymore.

I've still never sold a single item either lol.