Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone know if the have patched the fix for combustion yet?

1671547857513.png

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the economy is completely bananas right now, some shit is just so cheap it doesn’t make sense. you’ll never lose money doing simulacrums at 25c a pop it’s nuts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Update on the hydrosphere build:

It's going pretty well, but upping the dps much depends a lot on getting gear with +gem levels. Or near as I can tell that's the path. The trouble with that is it gets expensive in a hurry, because the stuff to do that is expensive rare body armour, uniques with +2 lvl corruptions, or empower gems. Also keep in mind that my perspective is early red maps, though I've done a few t15's and killed a conqueror with no issue. Well, Baran did 1 shot me once, but only because I'm not used to playing an evasion/ES run-for-your-life build and I got got. The freeze/chill effect hard carries this build's defenses, so I'm scared to do map mods with 'cannot be fully slowed' along with the usual stuff like ele reflect.

I think it will end up a decent mapper once I get some more damage/aoe on herald of ice for a little better clear. It's ok for sanctums too when I don't fuck it up or get hit with '-move speed' afflictions. This is once again down to the ball acting like a totem and the freeze/chill on everything preventing you from losing resolve in a LOT of situations.

I'd say that's the one thing I didn't look at carefully when I looked at the 3.19 build that Aer0 had: the cost of items/dps ratio. The dps he was getting compared to how much all the gear he had cost was way out of line IMO. When you throw that much cash at any skill it should work. That said I'm not disappointed in it overall, and worse comes to worse it would be an easy transition to another skill like creeping frost or something.

Xevy

Log Wizard
"Fixed a bug where Volcanic Fissure Earthbreaker totems could incorrectly be supported by Focused Ballista."

Sad times.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
As if anyone expected that to not be changed lol.

Huck is gonna carry his items in to maps now, which means he's a free level 15 aura of your choice and the single best node on the entire atlas tree.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
"Fixed a bug where Volcanic Fissure Earthbreaker totems could incorrectly be supported by Focused Ballista."

Sad times.

I was hoping it would slide due to lack of popularity but I'll definitely be rerolling when the patch goes through. The damage aside it just plays so much better with the huge totem placement speed.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
New supporter packs:

Not gonna lie I haven't played in like 6 leagues but I feel tempted to buy some of that stuff, they look really nice and have a lot of additional "pointless" but cool things. Since it's the core pack though there's not much of a hurry as they'll stay for a year.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Update on my meme:

I bought the one that lets you float around like a god

I am not a smart man

• 2Double Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Their latest supporter packs have been pretty good.
The one that shows a hologram of your fusing links, the fistbump on trades and the latest hideout especially imo.
Different armour sets kind of don't matter once you have enough good ones already.

Not planning on buying any myself though.

• 1Truth!

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Divine price is out of control, chaos orbs are being printed by exarch altars and not much to use them on.

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea zana mods are trash this league, and altars/sanctum print chaos like crazy. Probably only going to get worse

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If the atlas passive tree essentially lets you do any content you want, why restrict Kirac mods?

That said, I rarely ever use map device mods beyond forcing achievements. By the time I have a stockpile of chaos to mitigate bad luck, I'm almost done with the league.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had to end league early as shits just too close to the holidays and have too much to do. The economy has been shaken up so much that it’s just ripe for exploitation, some shits just dirt cheap while other shit hasn’t quite caught up yet on the price drop.

Case in point, I ran like 10 hours of chalupa breachstones (maybe more?) at like 14-15c a pop. Maybe 500 runs total I have no idea. all I knew was, 14c for a chalupa stone was just ridiculous, as it was the cheapest way to level easily at that price (that stone is lvl 80, unlike the others which are lvl 70, so you can easily get to lvl 97/98 with a chalupa stone) .

what’s odd is that despite the stone being dirt cheap, the lords/loyal chests were still maintaining their price , even though it’s basically the most common drop. The sword was also going from 0.4 to 1+ divine depending on rolls. I don’t know how long it will last, but I made around 100 divines so probably 7-8 div/hr just from selling the swords skins and green jewels alone - this isn’t even counting all the other currency and maps you get at the end of the run. Considering I spent maybe 20 divines at most on breachstones, that is a nuts amount of profit.

I also jumped from lvl 91-97 insanely fast. I’m generally a super casual, and never came close to this kind of income before. It’s possible I got insanely lucky with drops but most of my sales were 2-4 divine chests, other than a couple good colored pain attunement or ee or magebane chests that went for 10-20 div. I think I sold an iron will chest for 15 div as well. While there is some effort involved in price checking and knowing what colors people want with what keystones , it was overall pretty easy. Just wish I had more time to play this league. Am super curious if the skin prices start to tank once more people realize how cheap the stones are. I know in my last day my skins weren’t selling as well anymore lol. I was also undercutting like a motherfucker and probably pissing people off.

So my cheapo frozen legion build managed to take down elderslayers and shaper guardians in maven crucible. But I was unable to kill maven, I just didn’t have the dps and I wasn’t able to figure out a way to ramp much without paying a big premium. But for a 2 div investment (the marohi) and then another 1 div for basically all the other gear, was definitely a viable and cheaper way to get to end game. If I had more time I would probably now switch my spec closer to what Mathil did and use a frost breath and shield for better tankiness but honestly you’d get way better mileage by going with a different skill entirely if you are willing to invest more, I don’t see legion worth putting a lot of money into as it currently stands , though I may be missing something. It just didn’t compare to my triple charge discharge build that was one shotting map bosses and 3 shotting guardian bosses for example, and even at a 10-15 div investment it wouldn’t have been at that mark

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol someone nabbed the ashes and watchers eyes I put in bank instantly. That’s gonna be a good score this early on

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I ended up playing cold dot ele and it's been decent for the low investment. I thought I would ask before I invest the ~30 divines I've farmed in it if there are any builds for that investment that I should look at instead. The autobomber aspect of vortex is nice but the lack of sustain from dot builds sucks.

Xevy

Log Wizard
A lot of people complain Vortex makes visibility rough in Sanctum, otherwise it's a pretty good build. I think the cold version is a good starter, but the ignite fire version is bigly damage if you invest in it later.