Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I ended up playing cold dot ele and it's been decent for the low investment. I thought I would ask before I invest the ~30 divines I've farmed in it if there are any builds for that investment that I should look at instead. The autobomber aspect of vortex is nice but the lack of sustain from dot builds sucks.

My cold dot ele with pretty good sustain, 690 life/sec while moving right now at 91 (590 stationary) - Level 91 Hybrid Creeping Frost Elementalist [3.20]

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just got my first Divine orb altar that netted me 16 divs but i abused exarch and legion to farm the bulk of my currency.
Just grew tired of all the bubblegum stuff to pick up(+ it's worth a lot less now) and want to speed my mapping up to do more sanctum so swapped to eater/essence but might drop everything and just go wandering path with the guaranteed connected map ping pong strat to speed up sanctum to the max.

Sanctum is pretty damn rewarding..Probably 2 divine on average or something, most i've had is 5 divines in one run. Nothing crazy for sanctified relics yet though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Expedition was pretty rewarding up to this point but last day or so I feel it's not worth it any longer.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Expedition was pretty rewarding up to this point but last day or so I feel it's not worth it any longer.

That's kind of the trajectory of it every league including it's own. You reach a point where you don't need Rog quality gear and or Tujen's mixed bag of fragments and currency so you move on.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Today I learned the max stack of fusings in your currency tab is 5000

Time to update the filter I suppose

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Quite a lot of random 6-links drop from the way rares work now.

Also had rares on two occasions shit out like 400+ fusings as just currency drops in stacks of 20, filled the while damn screen with them.

Converted my jewelers stacks twice now as well cause it also fills up at 5000

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hit 100 on my first character ever. Mapped 99-100, no 5 way stuff. I did get 5 way exp from like 93-95 and 97-99 though, so it's not 100% real. But I made sure to suffer the ~20 hours of gametime it took to hit 100 from 99 solo.

Found out about an hour later I fucked up and had lifetap AND inspiration in my armor the whole time. Did it all on a 5 link. Fuck me.

Feels great giving 0 shits about death though. My clear speed is like 5x what it was and I actually don't die because I'm just fucking moving nonstop. Now I can start the build experiments until Tarkov comes out.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Quite a lot of random 6-links drop from the way rares work now.

Also had rares on two occasions shit out like 400+ fusings as just currency drops in stacks of 20, filled the while damn screen with them.

Converted my jewelers stacks twice now as well cause it also fills up at 5000
Interesting. My experience up to early red maps was not a single 5l OR 6L dropping, and I had it raining 6Ls last league. I, too, went overstack on Jewellers and Fusings.

That being said, I was running a 4L until last night I went and bought a non-corrupted 6L chest with 105 health for 10 C. 10 C!? Clearly my experience this league with 6Ls is not normal, because that is so cheap they HAVE to be raining down.

Edit - Yeah, as per usual, I see my current experience as representative of overall experience. I am seeing 6L drop now, albeit mostly corrupted - I am close to having the Atlas completed now (outside of Unique maps). Still having an issue of shortage of quality gems for crafting. And I still do not like the league mechanic.

Last edited:

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
holy-sht.gif

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just started playing.

This league is kinda legit huh? Atlas changes look great and the sanctum shit actually looks kind of cool.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if the league would be received differently if you could sell your sanctum access. A lot of players end up selling their access to endgame content instead of actually learning it. Now that they are being forced to get good, and seemingly enjoying it, I wonder if GGG will rethink sellable frags.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The challenges this league irritate me, so many distinct separate mechanics you need to hit.
Make 50 T3 incursion rooms probably the most cause thats a lot and there's no way to buy it. But 30 safehouses if you do it on your own is also hours lost. You have to delve. Ritual, breach etc. I just wanna Run through maps in 10 seconds to get sanctums but if i don't do this now i'll probably grow bored of this league first.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I was looking at some early game atlas strats and came across 3.20 Pastelrons early progression and he said to use all your currency alchs/chisels/vaals right when you get them on progressing atlas and I just found that to be insane. Does anyone follow this method have insight? I usually save my chisels for T15 + and same with Vaals unless I need for completion. Alchs I save for completion until around T9-10.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So I was looking at some early game atlas strats and came across 3.20 Pastelrons early progression and he said to use all your currency alchs/chisels/vaals right when you get them on progressing atlas and I just found that to be insane. Does anyone follow this method have insight? I usually save my chisels for T15 + and same with Vaals unless I need for completion. Alchs I save for completion until around T9-10.

I usually limp my way through atlas progression because my character is scuffed at fuck. If the math was on the side of doing as much juice as you could handle at every single point in the game that wouldn't surprise me.

• 1Solidarity

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know what Alkaizer is playing this league? I like Melee character and usually go HC. But he rarely give advise or share his build.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone know what Alkaizer is playing this league? I like Melee character and usually go HC. But he rarely give advise or share his build.
Maybe this one?

• 1Like