Path of Exile

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any poe geniuses that can help me put a build idea together ( Deathwing Deathwing ) . I just picked up a winds of fate and I’m trying to exploit it’s high base phys and built in convert with plume of pursuit helmet (guarantees crit on final repeat of a spell), and utilizing the big dot multi boosts related to crit strikes. Is there any giga ignite build hidden here somewhere

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's 1 guy on poe.ninja using that staff. There's 17 people with Perfect Agony allocated and it's probably fair to assume some of them have Timeless Jewel transformed the keystone. There's 7 people using Coralito's Signature. The crit multi penalty on Perfect Agony kinda neuters crit dot. You either have to cheese it with something like Ungil's Harmony(giving up your amulet slot...) or just scale hit dot. If you've ever tried to build a crit impale attack build, the passive pressure is quite similar.

I haven't given that staff much thought yet. Battlemage seems required. The only way to bypass the crit cap(plume) kinda turns me off to the build. I hate being locked in place for too long.

There might be something with blade blast. Someone posted video where you use precise aiming to blow up your blade vortex on the final repeat, ensuring huge aoe, which then blows up your bladefall. Certainly food for thought, but the precise aiming is a no go for me. I would love to bring blade blast back, it's far too cool of a skill to be relegated to the subsection of players that will put up with 1-2 skills.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Lethe shade does help with ground degens yea.

You could replace eye of malice with almost anything else if you roll exposure on hit on your gloves instead of that measly %damage per 100 int - there has to be something better to roll on a rare hat there if all eye is giving you is exposure and a decent ES roll? Potentially even some big dumb shaper hat with extra links etc.

If you wanna bail on enlighten you could reroll either your boot or belt with essence of torments for 55+ chance to avoid shock, grab an abyss jewel for the remaining 40-45% shock avoid and use a stormshroud - this would give you full ailment immunity and let you ditch tempest shield entirely to free up some reservation there and maybe ditch enlighten?

Your lethal pride could roll % chance to gain an endurance charge on a notable someplace and let you swap your annoint out for something that contributes actual damage or aura/curse scaling. Alternatively you could lock prefixes on your amulet and hit it with an aisling to get +1 min endurance charge and %chance to gain on kill that way, cause your suffixes are already not that exciting.

The lethal pride + unnatural combo just to meet strength requirements on determination seems relatively low value in general though. I suspect dropping at least the unnatural portion of it in favor of a watchers eye or the above mention stormshroud and just picking up a big strength roll on a ring would yield better results. If you can get a pair of strength rolls on rings you could ditch both for stormshroud + watchers eye potentially. Rings are a relatively low value slot in terms of ES so you could do something like buy fractured ~50str ring bases and spam them with dot multi or cold damage essences until you hit a decent outcome.

I guess tl;dr: roll the ~100str you need on rings, bail on lethal pride/unnatural for stormshroud and a fatty watchers eye and drop tempest shield, roll endurance charges on amulet and annoint something better would be my most immediate moves.

Thanks for the feedback. Yea the Eye of Malice is one of those "Oh you think you speak English, GGG says no you don't" kinda items with high value for the build.

Getting rid of Tempest Shield and moving the ailment immunity elsewhere would be nice.

I'll play around in PoB with replacing Lethal Pride + Unnatural Instinct. I kinda like the defensive value that Lethal Pride is offering at the moment with 10% phys taken as fire and 20% armour. And losing the move and cast speed from Unnatural might be a fairly big QoL loss. I'll play around with sacrificing 3 points elsewhere on the tree to fit Stormshroud in anyway. Didn't even know that jewel existed.

Those goddamn Crusader rings have been such a mega Divine Dumpster trying to hit the %ES and I think I'm in Sunk Cost land at this point with those. I'll check the trade site today for some strength rings to see what they might cost me because fuck trying to craft rings again.

What would you guys suggest for an Invocation on Relic? I don't have one right now because I can't decide and I've never seen one drop.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
grats on your 1-2 mirrors!! How was it done?
So you can see what my relics gave me in the 1st picture, i focused on damage and merchant options.
Floor 1 boss and floor 3 and 4's arenas are the worst, i avoid it like the plague and wasn't forced into doing any of those so that was good.
Ball gauntlets i also try to avoid if the cost isn't too high but i made sure to bring summon skellies to put infront of the balls for when i couldn't dodge those rooms.
I got pretty lucky early on with merchants and got +1 room view boon and shortly after that both 50% damage and 30% less life to monsters so i didnt really need any more boons after that.

Ever since i farmed for my mageblood week 1, and did my challenges after that I've mained sanctum so i'm pretty used to it by now and that probably counts for something. That said i've only gotten 2 original scripture relics so far.

My build is good (aka expensive) for sure but not one made for sanctum, just EK ignite, and not at DoT cap yet. Safer builds would be anything that kills instantly and does it around corners like tornado shot/srs/shockwave totem/spark and probably others.

It's pretty much like every other ek ignite but i'll post the pob anyway.

Since info was hard for me to find i'll also add that you can use 25%/50% maximum resolve pacts and also take rooms that says -100 maximum resolve

Edit: My 2nd try at it ended on floor 3 from a fire archer guard. My mistake cause i saw it coming but just didnt react fast enough. Which is the reason you wanna be able to kill from behind walls/offscreen

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Would love for Invocations to stay in the game somehow. Pure power creep, for sure, but just like anoints, it opens up some very interesting build opportunities. Not having to travel for things like RT, EO, or Ancestral Bond is nice at certain points of a build.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
EO is a huge one for sure. Makes diadems, though still really good with reservation built in, not necessary for like 40% of builds. Even my totem guy has like 500 random ES I'd love to use instead of mana and would allow me to squeeze in a 6th aura. Stuff like that an Avatar of Fire are absolute Godsends for some builds and other stuff like Iron Reflexes which is a must for armor stackers is just a nice addition to people who use suppress es/ar gear with suppression who want to run molten shell. A lot of those people wouldn't be anywhere fucking near IR so just plopping it on is great.

I think this is one of those leagues that goes away and comes back when they redo it. I could definitely see them making it more alva style with 4 rooms per encounter for 8 total maps or something. Then turn up the regular relic drops and either tone down the power of Sanctified a little or just make them a 25% chance of boss drop. The latter is a LOT of RNG, but GGG loves that and Reddit hates it so I'd imagine that's the way it'd go.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What would you guys suggest for an Invocation on Relic? I don't have one right now because I can't decide and I've never seen one drop.

Divine shield seems like a slam dunk for you given that you have armor

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Divine shield seems like a slam dunk for you given that you have armor

I've tried to allocate it with PoB but it does very little (maybe PoB bait) and I have so much ES leech anyway it doesn't seem all that good.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Leveling up a character now, I usually use Smite, so this is my first time using Vaal Smite. Just had a random thought: Vaal Smite is probably why they removed the 30% target range attack mastery.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So came into some money while saving for a nimis and got a Doctor and a 3 passive Voices.

What is a good nimis build for about 100 divine? Fireball vs Spark?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Mathil, in true Mathil fashion, is playing Varunastra (dead they say) with Glacial Hammer (never good) and fucking butt right now. He's yet to attempt Ubers and such as this is day 2 of the build, but it's pretty nice looking for maps.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The typical candidates are any projectile skill that does area damage.

Caustic Arrow
Fireball
Kinetic Blast
Creeping Frost
Spark(no ae damage, "just" double the duration)

There might be one or two more, haven't given that one much thought due to its price. Some people have been making a KB CoC Fireball build for extra hilarity. I should probably get on that item this league, I'm still surprised it even released in its current state.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The typical candidates are any projectile skill that does area damage.

Caustic Arrow
Fireball
Kinetic Blast
Creeping Frost
Spark(no ae damage, "just" double the duration)

There might be one or two more, haven't given that one much thought due to its price. Some people have been making a KB CoC Fireball build for extra hilarity. I should probably get on that item this league, I still surprised it even released in its current state.
Yea the item looks absolutely dumb right now. This is like old Hateforge levels of retardation.

• 1WTF

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Mathil, in true Mathil fashion, is playing Varunastra (dead they say) with Glacial Hammer (never good) and fucking butt right now. He's yet to attempt Ubers and such as this is day 2 of the build, but it's pretty nice looking for maps.

Had a peek at this and it's exactly what I assumed - just another heatshiver build.

Item is absolutely cracked in half. His build is cool looking but is also just worse than frost blades in almost every possible way, and has to use Varunastra so he can stay away from the marauder end of the tree. You could convert what he's doing to claw + frostblades and gain better clear and more damage via nightblade without too much issue, but it's still neat that you can force glacial hammer in to being relatively effective still

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I put a bit of effort into a Frostblades Heatshiver PoB, I was having issues getting the freeze threshold to a comfortable spot for map bosses and beyond to pinnacle bosses. That's the only place where Glacial Hammer has an advantage.

Do you have a Frostblades PoB that isn't shit? Poe.ninja is infested with glass cannon Tricksters. Heatshiver doesn't really work with that ascendancy since it's an evasion helm. Champion kinda works, but I didn't look into it too much.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hey it's me, the glass cannon trickster. I honestly never die mapping though, I think I did all of 92-96 in one go? You just freeze the entire world constantly, so much so that you hardly ever even take hits from anything. If you wanted to actually be fat though I think you'd just go down to Iron Reflexes, or anoint it on your relic this league. Trickster recovery is so gigantic while mapping + claw LGOH that fat armor and spell suppress should feel real, real good.

I've still got some changes to make in that my gloves and chest kinda both suck huge penis, and swapping in to legacy of fury has uncapped my spell suppress so I need to either reroll my shield to have suppress or be willing to put a couple of more points towards it on the tree. I think ultimately I should be on a hunter chest with attack crit and +1 curse and just self cast elemental weakness for pinnacles? The fortify implicit is really nice though as a single proc gives me 20 stacks even against pinnacles because my individual hits are so colossal.

Defense aside though the damage is ridiculous. I haven't tried ubers yet cause I wanna sort out the last of my gear and get to like 97 or 98 first, but shaper/maven/sirus all explode in seconds and I've had no issues freezing or getting 50% shocks on them.

The only real weakness of the build I've seen is a red beast or essence mob rolling the crit immune mod - turns off heatshiver entirely, and subsequently trinity stops working, so you just do no damage at all. I've found a couple of them over the last few hundred maps that I just had to leave behind cause fighting them was basically pointless.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ubers are going to fuck up your freeze ailment threshold. Freeze is indeed a nice defensive mechanic until it suddenly isn't. Kinda like ward loopers.

Definitely curious how you do versus ubers. Seems much more a mapping build. I can see the appeal, no gay ground crawl projectiles, whirling blades, and high attack speed is hard to beat.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I put a bit of effort into a Frostblades Heatshiver PoB, I was having issues getting the freeze threshold to a comfortable spot for map bosses and beyond to pinnacle bosses. That's the only place where Glacial Hammer has an advantage.

Do you have a Frostblades PoB that isn't shit? Poe.ninja is infested with glass cannon Tricksters. Heatshiver doesn't really work with that ascendancy since it's an evasion helm. Champion kinda works, but I didn't look into it too much.
I know it's not Frostblades, but Lily was playing a Spark Trickster on Hardcore and I watched her do like 10 Uber Maven's. None of her gear was especially crazy, just the mucho defense hardcore rare type shit, but she wasn't using a Heatshiver. She was running around with like 9.4k ES as CI and didn't seem to be scared of anything except Maven lazers.

Obviously it's not Frostblades, but there's some shit to be gleaned from her setup. Can obviously do away with Ashes and her gloves and replace her helm with Heatshiver.

Edit: Oh she died at 99.4 or something yesterday.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So the immediate problem with Heatshiver and Trickster is that it's an evasion helm. Makes that two point notable half as effective. Maybe not a big deal, but don't like it. The other issue is that "freezing" Ubers is no small amount of damage. I kinda doubt spark can pull that off given it's more a frequent hits type of skill.