Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
"RittenhouseRoamsFree" my SC burning arrow trickster got nailed? This is what I'm talking about with Ten Cent bringing in the warped ones.

This might be the canary for Last Epoch for me.
1673638736022.png

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's always Pantheon.

And you should probably know, GGG doesn't police names, people are manually reporting you. Dollars to Donuts you're talking shit in Global or somewhere else and you're getting reported.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How well received was Heist league? I'm fucking loving this mechanic, even if it makes me want to snap my keyboard in half when I die on a grand heist.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Heist league was 180'd about 2 weeks in. You used to draw alert by killing mobs (lul) which made it a sneak fest rather than a blast fest. Heist is very rewarding, but has the most painful build-up of any current integrated league mechanic. Worse than Delve. You've got like 11 quests to do then you have to level your guys, then you have to gear them, and then you have to coin farm to really juice blueprints. The league itself is solid, but it's too much work for the average player who isn't in love with it in POE's current oversaturated content state. I haven't entered Heist this league and I'm not sure if I did last league. Delve is about the same. Both definitely have powerful reward potential, but just grinding it to that point can be annoying.

It was really bad when the quest items couldn't be dropped so people had them all on their character or stashed them in the different crafting benches and shit. At least now you can just yeet them, or for the savvier player, just never use a coin so you'll never get quest drops.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Heist league was 180'd about 2 weeks in. You used to draw alert by killing mobs (lul) which made it a sneak fest rather than a blast fest. Heist is very rewarding, but has the most painful build-up of any current integrated league mechanic. Worse than Delve. You've got like 11 quests to do then you have to level your guys, then you have to gear them, and then you have to coin farm to really juice blueprints. The league itself is solid, but it's too much work for the average player who isn't in love with it in POE's current oversaturated content state. I haven't entered Heist this league and I'm not sure if I did last league. Delve is about the same. Both definitely have powerful reward potential, but just grinding it to that point can be annoying.

It was really bad when the quest items couldn't be dropped so people had them all on their character or stashed them in the different crafting benches and shit. At least now you can just yeet them, or for the savvier player, just never use a coin so you'll never get quest drops.
Ahh, that makes more sense then. It seemed like a different take on the Atlas/maps at first, but I guess I didn't realize it has all that "depth" to it. Fuck that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Heist is the epitome of gamer mentality dichotomy. Especially in a game as complex as PoE.

If you are a new player, Heist, in my opinion, is by far the easiest league mechanic to understand to generate currency. Mostly because you can target raw currency, with no guesswork involved in "is this worth anything?"

If you are an experienced player Heist is the antithesis of ARPG gameplay. It's a fucking MMO lobby, complete with having to open doors and wait for your quest helpers to do shit for you.

And if you're an ultra min-maxer solo player who uses TFT it's probably the single best currency generator, on an hour by hour RNG removal basis, of any league mechanic in the game.

One interesting thing about Heist during Kalandra was, after having used it to learn how to generate currency as a new player myself, and trying to understand the rest of the game and the dumb as shit Archnemesis loot goblin shit... I'm pretty sure people were using it to circumvent intended game mechanics to generate untold amounts of currency.

Traditionally Heist revolves around moving fast and getting in and out fast, ignoring killing shit in favor of opening chests for guaranteed rewards. In the very little time I spent in Kalandra I decided to do a "dumb test" where I sat in alert maxed Heists letting mobs spawn and Solaris and Lunaris touched mobs would spawn in Heist... over and over again if you were patient enough.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
There's always Pantheon.

And you should probably know, GGG doesn't police names, people are manually reporting you. Dollars to Donuts you're talking shit in Global or somewhere else and you're getting reported.

Well ur gettin doughnuts because I didnt say anything in any channels lol

Account def got gone thru manually

Heist is tight, bunch of Ruthless pals farmin it

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I enjoy Heist; I missed the league itself. I have my Atlas specced for Heist and Ritual at the moment. I like the happy brain chemicals that I get when I enter a Grand Heist Treasure room.

Well I could not get a sceptre craft on my RF Inq after 50+ tries (wtf), and I was annoyed at not being able to do well in Sanctum, so I rerolled a Poison Seimic Trap Sabo and, yeah, I completed the second Sanctum I tried, albeit in white and yellow maps so the rewards were crap. It got to the point at the end where I was running TOO fast and running into damage on accident lol.

Something something GGG should not design major league mechanics that are difficult to access for a swathe of builds something something mumble mumble.

I suppose I could Git Gud on that RF build, but my reflexes ain't what they used to be so it is annoying as shit in Sanctum having to be in melee range of mobs while dodging all the shit. Edit - the only way for me to solve that is to get the 50% dps I am missing compared to this build last league so I could just burn the guards down before they do much.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Finished up 38 challenges this morning. Did a bunch of ubers as well (no sirus cause fuck that on an attack build) with no issues at all - whatever the damage threshold is for freezes on ubers I'm well past it even without the freeze mastery.

A+ build, can run it on peanuts with southbounds until you have money/damage to get good rare gloves. You could pump even more damage out of it I'm sure with a couple medium cluster jewels but I never bothered cause it doesn't really need it.

Southbound and heatshiver both being 1c uniques makes this an oddly attractive league start as well, as you can get off the ground with essentially just those items and any claw with a flat cold roll, or hell even go white wind for a while.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sanctum is frustrating as shit. I understand "git gud" and all that, but the rewards so far have not been worth what a fucking PITA this mechanic is.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
It gets better when you start running them in red maps. Not that uncommon to get a couple of divines out of a run(plus whatever else).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It really is a mechanic for established characters. Trying to interact with it during the campaign sucked ass but once I had my shit together I came to really enjoy it.

Getting tossed out of the fucking thing by flicker strike sword guy coming in hot from off screen can definitely make you feel like an idiot for even interacting with it but the sanctum gets easier and the rewards do start to show up.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Turns out with the new build it is hard to see all the mechanics to avoid them lolololol. First World PoE problems.

I agree with Arbitrary, and it is like most of PoE - the Sanctum is enjoyable until it isn't. I managed to get a divine even on a lower level Sanctum.

I don't know about everyone else, but the second floor is the worst for me. Not much room to move, and the convoluted layout means you often get a lot of overlapping agro. And those mobs from the Laboratory have effects that blend in too much with my traps. I think you can skip to the exit quicker on this floor but I haven't figured it out yet.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished up 38 challenges this morning. Did a bunch of ubers as well (no sirus cause fuck that on an attack build) with no issues at all - whatever the damage threshold is for freezes on ubers I'm well past it even without the freeze mastery.

A+ build, can run it on peanuts with southbounds until you have money/damage to get good rare gloves. You could pump even more damage out of it I'm sure with a couple medium cluster jewels but I never bothered cause it doesn't really need it.

Southbound and heatshiver both being 1c uniques makes this an oddly attractive league start as well, as you can get off the ground with essentially just those items and any claw with a flat cold roll, or hell even go white wind for a while.

That build looks weirdly inexpensive for how much single target DPS you were able to get with frost blades.

Do you roll ailment avoidance maps?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That build looks weirdly inexpensive for how much single target DPS you were able to get with frost blades.

Do you roll ailment avoidance maps?

Yea the 70% to avoid ailments is all I reroll. You can do them if you have too but it's just annoying as shit.

Ele reflect gets fixed by awakened ele damage, regen doesn't matter, phys reflect doesn't matter, even no leech isn't a big deal with trickster recovery and life gain on hit from claws.

A+ would roll again next league if they don't cuck heatshiver.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

How's the ramp up on frenzy charges on bosses and sanctums? I feel like I'm playing a poison build but even worse as those frenzy charges with ice bite can make the difference as to whether you freeze or not.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How's the ramp up on frenzy charges on bosses and sanctums? I feel like I'm playing a poison build but even worse as those frenzy charges with ice bite can make the difference as to whether you freeze or not.

It's a bit annoying sometimes in sanctum because every room is a new instance and it all resets, but with the trickster frenzy node your charge duration is like 35 seconds or something crazy so they don't really fall off even during boss phases.

It hardly matters in sanctum though because your damage is so high anyway, but if you are having issues hitting freezes just take the freeze duration cold mastery instead of the convert until it stops being a problem later on.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Can anybody explain how you get enough mana reservation to run the Blasphemy on Temporal Chains AND Punishment with the below build? I can only seem to get one or the other once I activate Grace and Herald of Agony. Or is the intent that you swap based on need? Does quality of gems decrease the cost? Is there an item I'm missing?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Can anybody explain how you get enough mana reservation to run the Blasphemy on Temporal Chains AND Punishment with the below build? I can only seem to get one or the other once I activate Grace and Herald of Agony. Or is the intent that you swap based on need? Does quality of gems decrease the cost? Is there an item I'm missing?

My hunch is Enfeeble for general mapping and Punishment for bosses.