Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Can anybody explain how you get enough mana reservation to run the Blasphemy on Temporal Chains AND Punishment with the below build? I can only seem to get one or the other once I activate Grace and Herald of Agony. Or is the intent that you swap based on need? Does quality of gems decrease the cost? Is there an item I'm missing?

Well they have the Grace mastery reservation, a bunch of reservation small nodes, and they have Herald of Agony reservation on their helmet enchant. That might be enough combined with Eldritch Battery so they can basically use up 100% of their mana even though it looks like they still have ~9% left. They've got essentially 64% increased reservation on Grace and 75% on Herald + passives which makes huge room. They also have a 20% custom mod for increased reservation of curse auras they built in somewhere, according to the calculations page. That may be what's doing it. I can't find where they put that directly, but it may be that they have a sanctified with that much reservation. I have one with around the same amount of mana res and it's pretty good.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well they have the Grace mastery reservation, a bunch of reservation small nodes, and they have Herald of Agony reservation on their helmet enchant. That might be enough combined with Eldritch Battery so they can basically use up 100% of their mana even though it looks like they still have ~9% left. They've got essentially 64% increased reservation on Grace and 75% on Herald + passives which makes huge room. They also have a 20% custom mod for increased reservation of curse auras they built in somewhere, according to the calculations page. That may be what's doing it. I can't find where they put that directly, but it may be that they have a sanctified with that much reservation. I have one with around the same amount of mana res and it's pretty good.
Yeah, it's probably the HoA enchant. I have all the nodes, grace mastery, etc. but still couldn't manage to reserve all of it. I keep having to swap curses.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's a shame how much better high attack speed leap slam or whirling blades is compared to other movement skills. I really like the current meta hexblast build, but it's forced to use a wand, so shield charge is required. There are not enough ways to invest into shield charge, dash, and flame dash to make the comparative. You can mostly get lightning warp there, but the socket pressure that exists in most builds these days makes that almost a non option.

I don't understand what's going on with Southbound. I frequently see burning enemies with empty life bars. Why aren't they dying from the burn dot? It's not a hit.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like this league, got a 2nd one :D
1673963841542.png

My endgame project this league, strength stack wander at around 250million dps, and it can go a lot higher.

I noticed when i watched that video that precision watchers eye that gives flask charge on crit doesnt work because my Dying sun flask didnt proc even though it has used when charges reach full enchant. I double checked by pressing the flask in another fight but it still didnt get any visible charges back, though i did forget to check the actual number of charges on the tooltip.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
The watcher's mod is only 5 charges per second due to the ICD. With that dps you won't notice it too often.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The watcher's mod is only 5 charges per second due to the ICD. With that dps you won't notice it too often.

At the very least i can say that in 5-6 fights it didnt give a full dying sun flask 1 charge to proc the enchantment, where the bug is is up for debate i guess. Perhaps in the watcher's mod, perhaps it doesnt give full flasks charges. In my case it's useless either way cause i just wanted it for the automation of not having to press the flask.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm trying to understand the popularity of certain skills with Nimis because I have enough divines to buy one. And it's probably getting fucked next patch.

Is spark the best Nimis skill? Or is Nimis the best upgrade for spark?

Fireball, KB, KB - CoC - Fireball all make sense. Though, going to be a fun time modeling how many KB explosions hit single target...

I think Ice Spear makes sense since the projectiles are sequential.

Then there are some people playing Creeping Frost, Caustic Arrow, and Soulrend. What's the point of those over better alternatives?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Creeping frost can shotgun on the projectiles returning, so it's used for uber bossing where you stand inside their taint and blast them with 30 projectiles all at once.

Spark refreshes the projectile duration when they trigger the return part, so it's obviously good there because it generates and sustains way more projectiles on screen at once.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fireball shotguns too and has over 2x the damage. Why use creeping frost in this scenario?

I understand how Spark and Nimis interact. I guess I'm asking is Spark the best Nimis build?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hmm I'd wager spark is probably the best all around build yea. The creeping frost and other shotgun setups are really only bossing builds.

They use frost because it's cold damage and scales better with hatred mostly, and the people making/showing off these builds have unlimited budgets.

I played around with ice spear a bit with Nimis and was pretty let down by trying to clear maps with it. You probably need awakened GMP or some other massive amount of projectiles, cause the random pattern combined with how narrow the projectiles are made it really annoying to actually clear with.

Venom gyre looked really strong if you care to mess with an attack skill, but I dislike the whirling blades namelock spam for single target. Scourge arrow didn't make any additional pods on the return arrows which made me extremely sad.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played KB nimis for a bit but thats the only experience i have. That said, while it was great for mapping the biggest downside to it was that i had to be in melee distance for single target dps and sometimes that's just not an option.
i'm guessing Spark doesnt share that downside.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Turns out with the new build it is hard to see all the mechanics to avoid them lolololol. First World PoE problems.

I agree with Arbitrary, and it is like most of PoE - the Sanctum is enjoyable until it isn't. I managed to get a divine even on a lower level Sanctum.

I don't know about everyone else, but the second floor is the worst for me. Not much room to move, and the convoluted layout means you often get a lot of overlapping agro. And those mobs from the Laboratory have effects that blend in too much with my traps. I think you can skip to the exit quicker on this floor but I haven't figured it out yet.

The biggest issue I have on the 2nd floor is when you complete a room, the fucking exit of the sanctum is in the same god damn place as the continuing room from floor 1, 3, and 4. They do shit like that on purpose, and it's what always pisses me the fuck off about poe.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So, I finally feel comfortable enough with the game from a knowledge perspective that I stopped testing and tinkering and fucking around with different mapping strats and settled on something that I've actually been farming.

After a nice 2 day weekend grind session I am now sitting on 142 divines and I have no idea what I want to do with them. I have an original sin relic and would like to try a no hit run, I also have a lightning damage can freeze relic. What would you guys suggest as far as builds on that budget for a no hit run?

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
So, I finally feel comfortable enough with the game from a knowledge perspective that I stopped testing and tinkering and fucking around with different mapping strats and settled on something that I've actually been farming.

After a nice 2 day weekend grind session I am now sitting on 142 divines and I have no idea what I want to do with them. I have an original sin relic and would like to try a no hit run, I also have a lightning damage can freeze relic. What would you guys suggest as far as builds on that budget for a no hit run?
Care to share what you settled on farming?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

CaptainLance had a budget no hit character with iceicle mines for dps and totems for sanctum traps.

I played KB nimis for a bit but thats the only experience i have. That said, while it was great for mapping the biggest downside to it was that i had to be in melee distance for single target dps and sometimes that's just not an option.
i'm guessing Spark doesnt share that downside.

I'm playing COC/FB Nimis right now. For mapping its probably the most insane build I've ever played. Sky is the limit with HH/MB but you don't need them. I've been able to do 100% delirious.

Just finished crafting about a 60 div wand and the damage increase has been notable. I'm still trying to figure out mana/CDR situation. I think I need a +1 chest and get rid of my busted Awakened COC (rip level 6 slam went to 4) and maybe start crafting some boots. Its weird, with single target sometimes shit just gets deleted if my proc chain keeps up and some times its super awkward. I can't explain it but my gut tells me its a mana/cdr issue or attack speed issue.

I've been using these boots on my nimis but probably need to just give them to my EA so I can start running ubers with him. Almost BIS boots for EA but for nimis I'd rather teh CDR and Elusive. Those boots are going to be a bitch to craft though.

1674081954982.png

EDIT: That said if I had choose again I'd probably go Spark. Probably do way more type of content on less budget.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Khane

Care to share what you settled on farming?

Harvest + Essences + Eater Alters + Some Niko (Packed with Energy is probably the single best node on the entire tree IMO, and you get a decent amount of Azerite to trade in for resonators which sell quick)

Sextants are:

25% more magic pack size (this seems to work with Harvest - 3-5c each
Niko is in your maps - 3-5c each

Chisel to 20%, alch and go.

I tested a bunch of different things and:

1) Color Juice Harvest Sextants are not worth it. The Blue and Purple ones fuck your yellow spawns and the Yellow ones are way too expensive to be worth (thanks scarab nerds)
2) Sacred Grove appears enough on its own with this tree (90+%) that the plain Sacred Grove sextants also just dont seem to be worth it.

Ran all my sanctums during the grind session as well.

I don't keep stats or use excellence or whatever that try hard div per hour site is but I mapped hard for ~16 hours over 2 days and made 118 div (14 of which came from a div alter)

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Harvest + Essences + Eater Alters + Some Niko (Packed with Energy is probably the single best node on the entire tree IMO, and you get a decent amount of Azerite to trade in for resonators which sell quick)

Sextants are:

25% more magic pack size (this seems to work with Harvest - 3-5c each
Niko is in your maps - 3-5c each

Chisel to 20%, alch and go.

I tested a bunch of different things and:

1) Color Juice Harvest Sextants are not worth it. The Blue and Purple ones fuck your yellow spawns and the Yellow ones are way too expensive to be worth (thanks scarab nerds)
2) Sacred Grove appears enough on its own with this tree (90+%) that the plain Sacred Grove sextants also just dont seem to be worth it.

Ran all my sanctums during the grind session as well.

I don't keep stats or use excellence or whatever that try hard div per hour site is but I mapped hard for ~16 hours over 2 days and made 118 div (14 of which came from a div alter)

Cool tree, gonna mess around with it. I too found harvest to be the most profitable right now. I've done Breach/Meta/Vaal Pyarmid (with harvest though). The yellow life force is just too valuable with the endless sextant strat the big boys are doing. I'm wondering how much a payoff it would be to get rid of the chance nodes, spec into Grand Design and buying the sextants and put the remaining pionts into something like harbinger or shrines, because as you said, pack size is king meta right now.

Khane

Ive tried growing hoards and grand design with it. The small notables are just too good IMO to lose and Stream of Consciousness makes it so Sacred Groves almost always show up in maps even without sextants. Which saves a decent amount of currency.

I don't like Harbinger because its very hot and cold and because it adds a decent amount of time to each map. I wanted to do more sanctums and Sacred Grove already adds time to maps, didn't want another map tech that added even more.

I'm sure there are a variety of more efficient div per hour atlas setups but this just felt good to me to run for long sessions and was enjoyable enough to grind.

I also use my blue juice to convert Essences to Contempt/Loathing/Scorn/Rage because those are the most profitable and sell the fastest. Some of the other essences literally never sell and it still works out to be a divine gain even when using the blue juice to convert. Especially when you hit Contempt/Loathing.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Looking to try a Spark build. I can't decide between poison or...non-poison? I'm not actually sure what to call the major non-poison variant. Cold convert?

Either way, looking for some feedback as to which is better, whatever better may mean for someone. FWIW, I've hated just about every poison build I've tried recently. The ramp up and the implicit "should I apply one more stack?" makes map clear not so fun.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
tldr: didn't like cold spark but maybe i suck

I leveled an aura stacker cold convert spark inquisitor to 96 and i didn't like it. I didn't perfect every single gear piece but it had mageblood, spark gloves etc.

My reason for even doing a spark with freeze type of build was for sanctum but i didnt even like it for that particularly.

Like i said i didn't perfect every single piece of gear so maybe i just missed some crucial breakpoint and it would've been amazing?
Didn't use nimis either cause needed 2 call of the brotherhood. That might be bad?
For mapping it just couldn't compare to EK ignite, felt so slow. But i've seen a few minutes of occ nimis spark mapping and that looked pretty good.

• 1Like