Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Honestly auto pickup currency would be huge, even if they nerfed all basic currency drop chance.
If they added auto-pickup to currency(even at the cost of some stupid $10 "battle pet")and some form of an AH, I don't know if I'd ever touch another ARPG again.

Oh, and got rid of the stupid fucking campaign once you've completed it.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Alright D4 beta is over so I'm going to become a god of PoE for the next three months yo. Step one is spending 80 hours farming the newbie zone Katana right?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Kind of funny 20 chaos instead of 10 helps, but definitely doesn't solve the problem people complain about. BUT it's juuuust right to keep those currency tabs in business. I will say that I partially think chaos stack size does have an effect on Divine to Chaos ratio because there's kind of a hard cap where it gets super dicey when you're dealing with more than 1 inventory's worth per trade. This may ironically may Divines just shoot up higher than the 300 or whatever the fuck they hit before I stopped playing Sanctuary.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno, just the other day I was told that PoE has no such thing as inflation because the currency conversion rates are exclusively based on their crafting value.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I dunno, just the other day I was told that PoE has no such thing as inflation because the currency conversion rates are exclusively based on their crafting value.
Still mostly true due to the fact that divines are worth 10 exalts and they have the exact same drop rate of exalts outside of card turn ins.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still mostly true due to the fact that divines are worth 10 exalts and they have the exact same drop rate of exalts outside of card turn ins.
Fucking last time I really felt like I had money and a good build to kill shit was back in the melee league where a couple exalts could give you a nicely rolled 400pdps 1h. Having that same amount the past couple leagues and just exalt slamming things to see if it lucked out on a 6th mod felt... really weird

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kind of funny 20 chaos instead of 10 helps, but definitely doesn't solve the problem people complain about. BUT it's juuuust right to keep those currency tabs in business. I will say that I partially think chaos stack size does have an effect on Divine to Chaos ratio because there's kind of a hard cap where it gets super dicey when you're dealing with more than 1 inventory's worth per trade. This may ironically may Divines just shoot up higher than the 300 or whatever the fuck they hit before I stopped playing Sanctuary.
God I forgot this was one of my biggest complaints in Sanctum. Was farming like 5-10k chaos a week and transferring all that into Divines made me want to throw kittens out the window on a highway. Which is why Harvest essence was fucking liquid gold. Oh I just have to type the number and I get like 5-10 divines. COOL!

It's crazy how liquid the currency market is in POE though. Very much like real life and ForEx.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
lol, weapons(and shields) get their own passive trees. Hopefully there isn't TOO much randomization in them.

I don't care too much about the racing scene, but making the boss kill event Ruthless seems like a bad idea?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I missed that, why do you say that? Because of the pathfinder rework might not work as well with it?

I just mean more that you can't use a weapon with pconc so can't really take advantage of the league stuff.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
  • The Unique Item drop chances for Catarina, Master of Undeath have been rebalanced.
caught this snippet in the patch notes. may want to scoop up a diadem early, in case they gave it the ashes treatment

• 1Rustled

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Highly doubt some idiot is going to underprice a diadem. The people that don't know its value are also not going to be doing Catarina early.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, league starting as frost blades trickster seems the obvious choice. Unless there's some generic "item rarity rebalancing" comment in the patch notes. Or it's just an undocumented change.

Wonder if that requires a minimum of 1s for each interval. Like, you can freeze a boss for 0.5s 20 times but never stack any increased damage because they were never hit with a 1s+ freeze?