Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yes and no. Charms are really good and there are some absolutely disgusting ones, but tinctures for melee can be the same. Especially nearly doubling and infinite refilling your flasks. Warlock is in a weird spot where the 3 skills are pretty good, but you give up a Mark for it. For shit like Unending Hunger spectres it's the only option, but for usual bonezoners and shit Primalist is the clear option.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else having a blast with this league so far? I really like the mechanic, think it looks cool. Probably rippy and unfair at scaling but whatever. The wildwood ascendancies have been a blast to level with.

Does anyone know if The Traitor keystone works with tinctures?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm beginning to have some questions about the scaling of the mob juice at the end of the campaign and going in to white maps. It doesn't take finding that many whisps for it to create mobs that are far and away more deadly than anything even original archnemesis offered.

I'm talking like white mobs hitting for ~2500, everything has extra proj, extra AE, 100%+ speed bonuses, etc. God help you if it empowers some other league content like a beast or essence or betrayal member.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think they added modifiers so that a Unique gets like 25% less dmg taken, more damage done. A rare takes 50% less, does 50% more, and then they fucked up and gave whites like 500% more damage done and less damage taken. It's probably tied to the amount of rarity/quant/whatever they're getting from wisps. They thought it'd be okay but they made triple empowered whites the most dangerous things in the game. They zoom around and hit for like 4k with max+ res and 70% phys mitigation. It's nuts. 100% a tune-down coming for it within the week.

If they tune the mechanic correctly will definitely be an amazing league. If you're successful with big juiced mobs you can already see the potential rewards. I got like 9 uniques from a unique boss in a T2 because it was double empowered. It's basically Sentinel with less choice.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else having a blast with this league so far? I really like the mechanic, think it looks cool. Probably rippy and unfair at scaling but whatever. The wildwood ascendancies have been a blast to level with.

Does anyone know if The Traitor keystone works with tinctures?
Don't know for sure, but the wording strongly suggests no.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I think they added modifiers so that a Unique gets like 25% less dmg taken, more damage done. A rare takes 50% less, does 50% more, and then they fucked up and gave whites like 500% more damage done and less damage taken. It's probably tied to the amount of rarity/quant/whatever they're getting from wisps. They thought it'd be okay but they made triple empowered whites the most dangerous things in the game. They zoom around and hit for like 4k with max+ res and 70% phys mitigation. It's nuts. 100% a tune-down coming for it within the week.

If they tune the mechanic correctly will definitely be an amazing league. If you're successful with big juiced mobs you can already see the potential rewards. I got like 9 uniques from a unique boss in a T2 because it was double empowered. It's basically Sentinel with less choice.

The scaling is so absurd in some places it feels like someone put a decimal in the wrong place or something equally ridiculous.

My unholy trinity made red laser orbs than were larger than my visible space in the game/arena, just completely nonsense things that didn't even happen during gauntlets.

I've seen it add as many as +5 projectiles to mobs. And yea, the scaling is randomly the craziest on basic ass white mobs. The amount of white goat men that have oneshot me at dragonball Z leap speeds is getting pretty comical.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hotfixed already:

3.23.0 Hotfix 8

• Significantly reduced the amount of damage dealt by Wisp Empowered monsters.
  • Reduced the Attack, Cast, and Movement Speeds of Vivid Wisp Empowered Monsters.
  • Decreased the amount of Wisps dropped from Empowered Non-Unique Monsters in the Viridian Wildwood by 30-40% depending on their rarity.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nice that they got to it quickly. I wasn't expecting them to do anything for days.

• 1Like

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Where do you change the dialogue hotkey? I don't see it under inputs, I used to have it bound to T. Had to reset some settings and now I can't for the life of me find where I can change it.
For future reference, input > "Close All User Interface"

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
So how does the wildwood work? Some I zone in and get maybe 200 of 2 colors and then it auto punts me out with a few mobs killed, other times I get 2k+ and some change in others and tons more found within it.

Pure RNG or is there something to this I'm missing?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
There's always a trail, if you go off the beaten path it punts you out. Sometimes the trail is just off screen and/or really hard to see, especially if it's the blue wisps cause they kinda blend in to the environment.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone fix the performance problems they introduced last league? Load times into town are unbearable again, but even hideouts and maps are taking too long.

I really don't understand what they've introduced over the years that would justify degrading performance like this. Some people are frustrated enough to think their tabs in standard are the problem.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Anyone fix the performance problems they introduced last league? Load times into town are unbearable again, but even hideouts and maps are taking too long.

I really don't understand what they've introduced over the years that would justify degrading performance like this. Some people are frustrated enough to think their tabs in standard are the problem.

I don't know if I'd call it fixed but I regained considerable performance doing this

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's always a trail, if you go off the beaten path it punts you out. Sometimes the trail is just off screen and/or really hard to see, especially if it's the blue wisps cause they kinda blend in to the environment.
Thanks, will try to keep that in mind. Usually I just follow whatever wisps I see first.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
So where are the crazy builds? Leveled a SRS Guardian as league starter and everything feels like always except that I can now buy head enchantments

1702222063333.png

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I know somebody who fixed it by just disabling engine multithreading. Sounds stupid to do but he went from pegged 99% load CPU down to 40-50%

Dunno if its a bug in their engine or if the act of MT puts way too much strain on the main core. Either way try it out first if you don't wanna go through all the steps posted in that reddit thread above.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really not seeing the benefit to tinctures yet. Seems like you lose way too much for way too little.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really not seeing the benefit to tinctures yet. Seems like you lose way too much for way too little.

The all damage can poison one is big for some builds. Oath of the magi is nice, and you can get really good flask uptime on dying sun for example with natures concoction. Barkskin is a nice defensive layer too. Primalist seems better later probably with really good charms though.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Don't make the same mistake I did, nowhere does it say tinctures don't work for spells at all. I just thought it kinda worked like a weapon oil, once you activated it, you had that buff. But you have to actually be using a skill that uses your actual weapon.