Path of Exile

Janx

<Silver Donator>
What's the best way to farm shit so I can survive? I'm on the maps portion now and it's fucking rough.

I'm really flying blind here. Do I do any crafting? Just run random maps? This game is too complicated.

View attachment 503902
Can craft in your hideout too. Don't sleep on it and throw some resists on your gear (can go down a tier or two also if mats are low).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Think that's a wrap on this league for me. Can't deal with the frustration of not being able to find the quest mob to finish my new ascendancy.

1702329769106.png

^^ That is fucking insane that I have only seen this fucker once and lost because they removed a staple of the game since its inception to confuse and disorient players (the minimap).

GGG will never be outdone for coming up with interesting and thoughtful additions to the game yet ruining them completely with garbage implementation designed specifically to annoy and frustrate.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Think that's a wrap on this league for me. Can't deal with the frustration of not being able to find the quest mob to finish my new ascendancy.

View attachment 503907

^^ That is fucking insane that I have only seen this fucker once and lost because they removed a staple of the game since its inception to confuse and disorient players (the minimap).

GGG will never be outdone for coming up with interesting and thoughtful additions to the game yet ruining them completely with garbage implementation designed specifically to annoy and frustrate.
So much of their shit is just completely unintuitive, for no reason at all.

They feel like a "budget" or "indie" studio with implementation of shit most of the time. The game still has so much "jank" to it, even all these years later and even after they've implemented/iterated on some really good aspects.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't really know what I am doing either but I try to craft resistances in my hideout on gear with open Suffixes, these are my resists with just dropped shitty rares with some crafted resistances. No idea how I can have so much lightning resist though. I am currently in act 9 so once I drop the last boss in Act 10 the resist will go down 30(?) and I will need to check for some upgrades.

Skärmbild 2023-12-11 222826.png

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The absolute best thing you can do entering maps is to go and search the trade site for Psudeo (elemental resistances %) and set it to minimum 90. Then go search up rings and an amulet and make sure you select any Non-Unique as rarity. You can gear up those three spots for 3c total, 4-8c if you add in +max life. Your life will immediately be better.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's the best way to farm shit so I can survive? I'm on the maps portion now and it's fucking rough.

I'm really flying blind here. Do I do any crafting? Just run random maps? This game is too complicated.

View attachment 503902

I'm impressed you made it to maps with that life/res. As was mentioned, trade for some Life/Res gear, or if you don't want to deal with trading, go farm an easier zone like blood aqueduct over and over and ID all the rares for life/res, other stats don't matter.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

View attachment 503902

Work on getting atlas completion for white maps (run them on magic or higher) and start advancing your atlas passive tree towards the expedition nodes

1702330741150.png

The penalty for dying is really small so if you get ground up a little don't worry about it. Are you using an item filter? Use an item filter.

Even with it set to regular or semi strict it'll help tell you what to pick up and identify. Like I said earlier change your auras around so you're rocking Purity of Elements. You can craft resistances on anything with an open suffix on the crafting bench in your hideout so fill them out. The different essences guarantee specific stats so use those on different bases along the way. If you get really stuck you can do the chaos recipe.

1702330949786.png

You pick up rares, you don't identify them, you sell a merchant a full set and you get two chaos. At league start I have a tab set aside to hold this junk. The bottleneck is rings and amulets so you just pick up the armour and weapons as you need them.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Any of you guys doing a falling zombies build? Is that even a thing? I saw some YouTube vids but havnt had time to watch them yet.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Any of you guys doing a falling zombies build? Is that even a thing? I saw some YouTube vids but havnt had time to watch them yet.

Zizaran started it but found it difficult to progress on hardcore in a safe manner so he shelved it for the time being. He's got a video or two about it on his YouTube channel.

edit - one other thing. Farming the campaign isn't a horrible idea but if you're going to do that you wait until killing Kitava so he doesn't pound your resistances again. It's too late now for Gravel and I'm of the opinion he should just push forward on white maps but I've stopped a time or two to make sure everything wasn't godawful before advancing.

Last edited:

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
Work on getting atlas completion for white maps (run them on magic or higher) and start advancing your atlas passive tree towards the expedition nodes

View attachment 503910

The penalty for dying is really small so if you get ground up a little don't worry about it. Are you using an item filter? Use an item filter.

Even with it set to regular or semi strict it'll help tell you what to pick up and identify. Like I said earlier change your auras around so you're rocking Purity of Elements. You can craft resistances on anything with an open suffix on the crafting bench in your hideout so fill them out. The different essences guarantee specific stats so use those on different bases along the way. If you get really stuck you can do the chaos recipe.

View attachment 503914

You pick up rares, you don't identify them, you sell a merchant a full set and you get two chaos. At league start I have a tab set aside to hold this junk. The bottleneck is rings and amulets so you just pick up the armour and weapons as you need them.
Filterblade is too much for someone starting out, go to this sight and use the Neversink ones and you will good. Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are in the guild check the guild stash. I put all my hand me down gear in there and you should easily be able to cap resist

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's a guild? How do you join that?

And I should do white maps, and not blue? I did get my resists up to 60/34/21/-32, although I'm still getting fucking smoked. Spent a butt load of currencies which probably wasn't smart.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

And I should do white maps, and not blue? I did get my resists up to 60/34/21/-32, although I'm still getting fucking smoked. Spent a butt load of currencies which probably wasn't smart.

Maps come in three tiers - white, yellow and red. Rarity is grey (uh, white), blue/magic, yellow/rare, orange/unique. To get atlas points for white maps they need to be magic or higher. To get credit for yellow maps they need to be rare and for red maps they need to be rare and corrupted. There's no shame in doing the wussiest maps you can for atlas points.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maps come in three tiers - white, yellow and red. Rarity is grey (uh, white), blue/magic, yellow/rare, orange/unique. To get atlas points for white maps they need to be magic or higher. To get credit for yellow maps they need to be rare and for red maps they need to be rare and corrupted. There's no shame in doing the wussiest maps you can for atlas points.
Yea don't be afraid to farm white maps. There's tons of currency to be made just mindlessly running maps over and over. I prefer white map essence farming, cause I just create the gear I'll need to eventually get into T16s without dying a bunch, and I can sell in bulk the ones I don't use.

Put on a podcast, lecture, music whatever and just turn off your brain.

I should also say Essences are probably the best way to teach you how to craft in this game. Almost every good item you can make will start with "essence spam until you hit x and y with empty prefix". Usually you'll do it on a fractured (one affix in the item is brown and cannot be changed with currency, so its essentially locked) item bases but you can definitely hit some easy shit to get you well into yellows without that.

Another thing you also want to start sorting out in early maps is your flasks. Craft them to be useful. Have a couple utility for defense like Jade/Granite and try to get "increased armour/evasion" on the respective ones for some easy defense. You'll craft these with alterations/augments (augment when you get a good roll with an empty prefix/suffix)

Those two things will teach you more then half of what you need to know to craft your own items in this game.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

View attachment 503902
You can also pretty cheaply craft resists onto your gear at the bench in your hideout, which one assumes you do not have set up yet lol.

Act 6 is usually a resist check and requires a little juggling - surprised you made it to 9 before you started to notice. I almost always hit the crafting table at the end of Act 5 and max out my resists.

The equip game usually becomes a juggle of maxing resists, life, and defense. If you are short of stats for gems you can take the +30 stat nodes in the tree until you find enough on gear.

The general rule of thumb is 300 life per Act for a comfortable leveling experience.

Man, you forget how much knowledge you take for granted in this game until someone newer asks a question.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

View attachment 503907

Okay, so it is not just me.

I find myself a little flustered that I have no minimap while wandering around the forest.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Not having your resists capped is gonna become unbearable very quickly in maps, especially if your life is also still low. Put in these filters, then you can search with all 4 enabled or toggle off 1 resist at a time. Look for gear that costs 1-3c max with the goal of getting all elemental resists (not chaos) capped at 75 and at least 3-3.5k hp, it's playing tetris basically. For your body armor slot, worry less about stats and look for a 5 link if you don't have it yet (or save for a 6 link if you do). Searching for the exact color sockets you need will also likely find you cheaper options that are already corrupted. For weapon get whatever your build needs. Bonus points for cheap gear that also has an open suffix so you can add even more resists to it at the crafting bench.

poeTrade.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
1702340832108.png

Hit 21/20 Vaal on Summon Skeletons of Mages. Took two temples and first one gave me normal 21/20. The badass thing is if you look it literally as a UNIQUE name to the gem when you vaal it. Pretty cool if it applies to other gems as well.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not having your resists capped is gonna become unbearable very quickly in maps, especially if your life is also still low. Put in these filters, then you can search with all 4 enabled or toggle off 1 resist at a time. Look for gear that costs 1-3c max with the goal of getting all elemental resists (not chaos) capped at 75 and at least 3-3.5k hp, it's playing tetris basically. For your body armor slot, worry less about stats and look for a 5 link if you don't have it yet (or save for a 6 link if you do). Searching for the exact color sockets you need will also likely find you cheaper options that are already corrupted. For weapon get whatever your build needs. Bonus points for cheap gear that also has an open suffix so you can add even more resists to it at the crafting bench.

View attachment 503931
Thanks, that's kind of what I need. Only problem is now finding the chaos orbs to spend. I've found 5, and didn't know about the recipe until just now.

As far as people being impressed I made it this far, I'm guessing that's really a function of the SRS guardian build. I just need to run around and the pets take care of the rest.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Thanks, that's kind of what I need. Only problem is now finding the chaos orbs to spend. I've found 5, and didn't know about the recipe until just now.

As far as people being impressed I made it this far, I'm guessing that's really a function of the SRS guardian build. I just need to run around and the pets take care of the rest.

Guardians are sweet.