Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My Essence Farming strategy. I've made over 150 divines, including getting 3 Hyrri's Ire drops, a Kalandra Ring, Hinakora Lock, etc all from this strategy.

Set up atlas tree as follows - might not be most efficient, but I'm not that good at efficiency. Note the Harby nodes are lowest priority. However, they are more mobs every map, many affected by wisps, and I've gotten 2 fractured shards out of them with them just being there so.

View attachment 504498

Then follow this (Cheapest Method, Assumed 5 map device)

1. Use a 20% quality, rare (and optionally corrupted) T3 Strand map with a Rusted Torment Scarab, Rusted Ambush Scarab, Rusted Elder Scarab, and a fragment piece.
2. Buy some Remnant of Corruptions
3. Use Essence Map device (This is only available if you get the 7th gate passive like I do on above tree).
4. Load into map
5. DO WISPS - This is most important. Try to kill everything, and collect in order of priority: 1. Quant (Yellow), 2. Currency (Blue), 3. Rarity (Purple)
6. After wisps, start clearing map as normal. If you collect a ton of wisps, it should rain currency.
7. Try to avoid killing tormented spirits until they touch a lot of mobs, or possess rares or even better possess the essence.
8. If you see an essence with 2 shrieking and 1 screaming, use a remnant on it if you can to hope for upgrades to deafening with 1 shrieking (as the shrieking will dupe them when they release). There's a specific RGB strategy on this, but I think that doesnt apply as much since Insanity/Delerium/Horror essences are not really expensive this league.

View attachment 504508
(This essence drop set alone is worth over 40c)

9. When you get to boss room if theres lots of tormented spirits let them possess the boss or as many as you can handle. Then kill it.

This is the results from a map with 1200 currency, 1500 quant, and 400 rarity wisps, which is in the upper 50% of maps, but quite typical. Also had a jewellers orb explosion:

View attachment 504504View attachment 504506

Occasionally, you'll get giant juicy explosions like the above Jewellers orb, or 2,000+ Orb of Fusings I posted earlier or sometimes very juicy scarab explosions:

View attachment 504510

EDIT:

IMPORTANT: Sell your essences as DEAFENING only, and ONLY do divine trades. You get a lot more bang for your buck.
I was looking at your build and was like how the fuck are you doing essences in t16s. This makes way more sense. When I get home I'll post mine tomorrow. Made about 100 divs from essences, and legion shit.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I was looking at your build and was like how the fuck are you doing essences in t16s. This makes way more sense. When I get home I'll post mine tomorrow. Made about 100 divs from essences, and legion shit.

I can do T16 maps, without issue, including essences. However, I can't handle the juiced versions with wisps in T16. But it seems like just doing low tier maps with the wisps is juice enough for very solid outcomes.

I have a hilarious build since I'm just wearing the kalandras ring with a mid ring atm just because im holding it as it'll go up in price a bit as league progresses. Instead of spending 30 divine on my massive thread of hope, maybe i should have spent 30 divine on a ring. lmao.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does anyone know the tech people are using with Guardian's Blessing and Spectre to get an extra aura?

It's a little bit fiddly since if both of them are ever dead at the same time the aura turns off and you have to press the button again, but you can generally monkey with it enough to get them out of sync to the point where one is alive longer than the other.

It's pretty fucking strong, but I'm curious if it's better than just using some of the other really powerful spectres as buff source instead of guardians blessing. Something like a forest warrior + guardian turtle is onslaught/determ/phys reduction/cull from just 2 spectres, but it's not clear to me yet if they will actually survive harder content or not.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can do T16 maps, without issue, including essences. However, I can't handle the juiced versions with wisps in T16. But it seems like just doing low tier maps with the wisps is juice enough for very solid outcomes.

I have a hilarious build since I'm just wearing the kalandras ring with a mid ring atm just because im holding it as it'll go up in price a bit as league progresses. Instead of spending 30 divine on my massive thread of hope, maybe i should have spent 30 divine on a ring. lmao.
Yea the difference between 4k+ juice on a t16 and no juice is like 8-10 tiers. It literally feels like I'm doing white maps when i don't juice my maps.

Currently running t9 dunes. Trying to push into reds so i can incorporate eater into my strat.

Although i might just drop down into whites with mf gear and leave this char as is.

Also thank you for clarifying the kalandra. I encourage everyone to go see the ring he is mirroring.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Just got in to the 80s on power charge stacking nonsense. So far it's working pretty well? The new brand is completely cracked and is just an upgrade from the original.

Lot of things to fix still, the biggest of which is gonna by my res - I'm not actually quite sure how I'm gonna do this aside from like, some weird corruptions or some really expensive charms/jewels. Using a fuckin bismuth flask for now lol.

The damage is definitely there though, even with my completely scuffed setup on a 5L right now it's easily north of 1M per brand, and there's so much more damage to be had yet. Could potentially be really huge by the time I sort the rest of this out, and it'll just keep scaling with money cause there's always more ridiculous implicits to use for this kind of setup.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Are those super rare? None for sale for the last three days

1702811642735.png

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Having a lot of fun with Boneshatter. I have only played squishy Ranger or Caster builds before (RF one League). Smash the the monster and they all explode in fire. Only in Act 8 but it's pretty much online and working great.

I do have a spending money problem with PoE though... I just had to get the supporter pack. RIP wallet.

Skärmbild 2023-12-17 140714.png

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is there a good beginner guide anywhere for making money on maps? Every time I look something up it talks about all kinds of shit I just don't understand. Like, if it starts off explaining a bunch of shit about manipulating your map modifiers, it's already lost me.

I'm at like 75 or something atlas points and knocked out a few T15's. But I see people saying things like how a map is worth a minimum of 5-10c and I'm sitting here getting 0 on every map because I have no fucking clue what any of this is.

And if the advice is to just "pick the mechanic you enjoy," that's also not helpful because once again, I don't even understand the majority of these fucking things. When you're brand new to the game and it's got a decade of mechanics, it feels impossible to learn any of them in a meaningful way. Just tell me which one I should do ffs.

I've also got to wonder, I went wandering path, but it seems like a mistake. Like, sure, getting all the atlas points quicker is nice, but then it makes the rest of the atlas feel useless?

Untitled.png

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Aazrael

Is there a good beginner guide anywhere for making money on maps? Every time I look something up it talks about all kinds of shit I just don't understand. Like, if it starts off explaining a bunch of shit about manipulating your map modifiers, it's already lost me.

I'm at like 75 or something atlas points and knocked out a few T15's. But I see people saying things like how a map is worth a minimum of 5-10c and I'm sitting here getting 0 on every map because I have no fucking clue what any of this is.

And if the advice is to just "pick the mechanic you enjoy," that's also not helpful because once again, I don't even understand the majority of these fucking things. When you're brand new to the game and it's got a decade of mechanics, it feels impossible to learn any of them in a meaningful way. Just tell me which one I should do ffs.

I've also got to wonder, I went wandering path, but it seems like a mistake. Like, sure, getting all the atlas points quicker is nice, but then it makes the rest of the atlas feel useless?

I feel the same way. Way complex guides and some just say PoE lingo one does not understand. "Easy get 15 Divines per map.", meanwhile I don't even get 1 Chaos to drop for 10 maps.

Zizaran makes great guides but he is just awful to listen to, at least to me. Maybe theres others that explain like I'm a 5 year old but I doubt it.

I maybe get 1 or 2 Divine drops per 3 weeks of playing a League. Sprinkled with some raw Chaos and maybe a few sold high end currencies I wont use. I usally quit due to frustration seeing everyone lapping me in Currency and finding great items.

I enjoy clearing the maps up 16, maybe do Maven and Searing Exarch, but after that I feel totally lost on how to improve.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, I'm assuming it's from selling the drops, not a raw currency drop. But the question is, how? It can't be from gear drops because those are basically all shit and I'm not going to sit there picking that shit up to ID it and then decipher whether it's good for a build I never heard of.

Like, if I could get essences on every map, I could see that being a way to make money. I don't know how, but it's a straightforward mechanic I understand (click thing, kill monsters, get a few essences, sell essences to players).

• 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I mean, I'm assuming it's from selling the drops, not a raw currency drop. But the question is, how? It can't be from gear drops because those are basically all shit and I'm not going to sit there picking that shit up to ID it and then decipher whether it's good for a build I never heard of.

Like, if I could get essences on every map, I could see that being a way to make money. I don't know how, but it's a straightforward mechanic I understand (click thing, kill monsters, get a few essences, sell essences to players).
You can get essences on every map. The 7th gate atlas node unlocks all map crafts. That requires 6 of the gates, the jumps from one side of the atlas tree to the other, to be active.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here's a good guide similar to what I'm doing, though I'm doing eater altars and have strongboxes + shrines. I'm also not doing league mechanic very often, it slows everything down so much, might try again soon.

Is anyone heavy juicing t16s with league mechanic too? If so what build are you using? It seems like you need pretty crazy dps to be one shotting/killing rares quickly. Lightning strike of arcing looks interesting for this.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, another question. I'm using this build Level 89 Summon Raging Spirit Guardian [3.23] and I've basically got the mid-game thing completed (outside of the belt, which I've got bought, but my resists would fall). From here, what's my next step? I've basically been using the same gear set since I got to maps. But everything to upgrade would be several divine and I have 1.

Do I just use all the chaos I have (113) to buy prisms and upgrade my skill gems? I'm basically stuck with no knowing what my next power upgrade should be.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
You don’t even need to do 7th gate and craft unlock. There’s a node on the map tree that says ‘your maps contain an additional essence.’ Couple that with the other nodes that says ‘your essences are a tier higher’ and ‘ shrieking essences in your maps are duplicated’ and you’re already making decent currency. If you do 7th gate to guarantee a second essence you’re gonna make even more, but I don’t recommend that to a brand new poor because you still need chaos to use the map craft. It’s probably the most newbie friendly way to get started making money at sorta endgame.

this is still a ways off tho if you are brand new to maps, all you should be focusing on is leveling and unlocking more maps /getting map atlas points which you get by completing bonus objectives which is explained on the atlas overlay (see that by hitting G).

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m waiting on the league mechanic until I can hit atleast 30 mil dps on a build. The shit is stupid tanky when buffed with whisps it’s worse than crucible. You could drop down to white/yellow maps but that shit is just no fun, you lose out on a lot of endgame stuff like unique map drops, eldritch altars ( which is a great feeling if you hit the divine altar) and more

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is anyone heavy juicing t16s with league mechanic too? If so what build are you using? It seems like you need pretty crazy dps to be one shotting/killing rares quickly. Lightning strike of arcing looks interesting for this.
I basically don't juice jack shit past a T7 or so. Shit just gets waaaaay too fucking RIP past that or takes waaaay too long due to how much GGG thinks HP sponge = hard. The wildwood itself is fine, but once the map gets all the spirits, it's a shitfest.

And to those like Gravel Gravel struggling with "what do?!", I highly, highly recommend Zizaran. He can be annoying, but he honestly explains most things like you're 5, which is good if you're just starting out. Outside of that, Maxroll.gg also has some really solid guides on a lot of stuff in written form.

• 1Like

Aazrael

I basically don't juice jack shit past a T7 or so. Shit just gets waaaaay too fucking RIP past that or takes waaaay too long due to how much GGG thinks HP sponge = hard. The wildwood itself is fine, but once the map gets all the spirits, it's a shitfest.

And to those like Gravel Gravel struggling with "what do?!", I highly, highly recommend Zizaran. He can be annoying, but he honestly explains most things like you're 5, which is good if you're just starting out. Outside of that, Maxroll.gg also has some really solid guides on a lot of stuff in written form.
I watch Zizaran ever now and then and he got a lots of knowledge and good guides, but the way he speaks make it hard to follow for some reason. Not knocking the guy at all, just something thats on my side I guess.

Got my first Divine after 87+73 levels. Before that I saw one Exalt and a bag of Chaos.

Thinking of selling the Divine into Chaos so I can upgrade a bit on my Boneshatter thats now 73. But he is doing okay in yellow maps so far so might push him to 90ish before I upgrade stuff. He only struggles on some Rares (the Frozen guys you click to wake up) that seem to one shot me even if I melt the rest of the map.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I find Ziz to be really inconsistent. I've watched more than one video from him about something (like pricing) that was devoid of the practical "here's how you do this" information. He can put out solid content but sometimes he's really just faffing about. A few different people have these kinds of videos but for some reason this little juggalo has been growing on me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you want to use some of the league-specific spectres, do you have to buy one for each spectre you want to raise?

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I am level 88, working through yellow maps, and I have seen one exalt and zero divine drops as yet. League is shit :p

Seriously though, my luck with drops so far is garbo.

• 1Solidarity