Path of Exile

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully the stash sale is this weekend. I bought the First Blood pack, just waiting to buy them (going currency, map, and 1-2 premium upgrades).

It's a regular rotation so all you have to do is wait a bit longer. I think the first weekend of each league launch has one? Don't quote me.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully the stash sale is this weekend. I bought the First Blood pack, just waiting to buy them (going currency, map, and 1-2 premium upgrades).
Highly recommend some quad tabs too.

Update: Pretty sure I saw the stash tab sale has started message.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, the currency tab is great. Seems like the sort of thing that should be standard. Maps is pretty nice, too. I'm almost tempted to throw even more at this game and grab divination, essences and fragments.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Seems like the sort of thing that should be standard.
I'm almost tempted to throw even more at this game and grab divination, essences and fragments.
;)

To be fair, if GGG were a greedier company, selling functionality would be fair criticism.

And to be even more fair, they have shown that from time to time. That horrid MTX recycling box(that itself cost money) was about the worst they've gotten. Luckily the userbase beat that idea out of their heads.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
;)

To be fair, if GGG were a greedier company, selling functionality would be fair criticism.

And to be even more fair, they have shown that from time to time. That horrid MTX recycling box(that itself cost money) was about the worst they've gotten. Luckily the userbase beat that idea out of their heads.
I'm fine with it only because you gain the QoL forever. If it was "per season" or anything like that, they could rot in hell.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the deal with Deadeyes taking Ralakesh's without the belt or ring? What's the benefit to "counting at max charges" without those items?

I was trying to see what tech LA or TS was taking advantage of but I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean, the boots basically say 'you always have max of all charges and you can't lose them or have them stolen'. They also have 30 movespeed and chaos res. So a random deadeye bow build no longer has to run a frenzy+manaforged setup, or use power charge on crit anywhere, or take the mark mastery for frenzy gen, and also gets endurance charges out of the deal, etc etc.

They are kinda the best boot in the game for almost any build.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man, the currency tab is great. Seems like the sort of thing that should be standard. Maps is pretty nice, too. I'm almost tempted to throw even more at this game and grab divination, essences and fragments.
Probably already know but click that little check box at the bottom right of the tab (right click tab to configure) so can ctrl click currencies etc.. to auto sort to the tab.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Probably already know but click that little check box at the bottom right of the tab (right click tab to configure) so can ctrl click currencies etc.. to auto sort to the tab.
I figured that one out last night after I bought the other tabs. Would've been nice to know earlier, but not a huge deal. The currency especially though was good timing. I had basically started filling up an entire second tab with them. 350 alteration orbs takes up a lot of space, but condensed down to one slot is massive.

And yeah, the fact that it's F2P makes it better. Shit, I've put 50 hours into it since I started less than a week ago. My first go around at game release I had 62 hours total. Wish I'd kept with it because it's a lot more fun than I remembered.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean, the boots basically say 'you always have max of all charges and you can't lose them or have them stolen'. They also have 30 movespeed and chaos res. So a random deadeye bow build no longer has to run a frenzy+manaforged setup, or use power charge on crit anywhere, or take the mark mastery for frenzy gen, and also gets endurance charges out of the deal, etc etc.

They are kinda the best boot in the game for almost any build.
For some reason I read it as "counts as having" not meaning you couldn't gain them, and only synergized with other things that said "while you have max xxx". Why? Cause I'm retarded.

Another question for LA/TS peeps. What is a good time to switch to TS? 1200 eDPS bow?

EDIT: So I got a pair and confirmed my original thought was correct. You DONT gain them, but it still "counts as having" and boosts your stats accordingly. I guess GGG is pretty consistent on its language (except NEAR, lol)

Last edited:

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
For some reason I read it as "counts as having" not meaning you couldn't gain them, and only synergized with other things that said "while you have max xxx". Why? Cause I'm retarded.

Another question for LA/TS peeps. What is a good time to switch to TS? 1200 eDPS bow?

EDIT: So I got a pair and confirmed my original thought was correct. You DONT gain them, but it still "counts as having" and boosts your stats accordingly. I guess GGG is pretty consistent on its language (except NEAR, lol)

I swapped to TS with a 950 ele spine bow which is like t3/t3/t2 that i bought for 2 div day 2 or 3 and did prefix can't be changed veiled orb for crit+str/int and crafted attack speed. Did make a +1 arrow quiver and 50% flask effect (20% belt, 30% warden) dying sun for 3 arrows though but nothing else is good at all. I have like 217k dps on poe ninja which is nothing at all comparatively, not sure what it is exactly in game because i just use inspired learning and gloom shrines and niko "packed with energy" to carry me through legion and expedition blasting. I really felt that LA just had to little single target dmg for wisp empowered mobs.

on another note, just had the smoothest leveling experience for a 2nd char, not really a surprise i guess but hollow palm with the new smite gem is just really, really good.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I swapped to TS with a 950 ele spine bow which is like t3/t3/t2 that i bought for 2 div day 2 or 3 and did prefix can't be changed veiled orb for crit+str/int and crafted attack speed. Did make a +1 arrow quiver and 50% flask effect (20% belt, 30% warden) dying sun for 3 arrows though but nothing else is good at all. I have like 217k dps on poe ninja which is nothing at all comparatively, not sure what it is exactly in game because i just use inspired learning and gloom shrines and niko "packed with energy" to carry me through legion and expedition blasting. I really felt that LA just had to little single target dmg for wisp empowered mobs.

on another note, just had the smoothest leveling experience for a 2nd char, not really a surprise i guess but hollow palm with the new smite gem is just really, really good.
I also crafted a extra proj quiver with t1 multi and t1 flat with a little life on it, maybe with dying sun i can swap. Ele bows over 1k with double proj are lik 100 div

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I've had pretty gnarly performance for a while, and here's an example. Basic T5 map, no minions, just a juiced Harbinger, and my FPS plummets to the mid 30s:

zShaders.JPG

The fact that the green "shader" bar is maxed out, would that indicate I'd get good results from following those shader recompiler steps in that Reddit post linked a bit ago? My only other thought would be RAM, since I'm still rocking 16gb of like 6 year old stuff, but this pic was taken with my browsers closed and nothing else major running in the background (although there was a noticeable performance boost after closing my browsers). My CPU is also that old although it's OCed to like 4.8ghz (I tried turning off multithreading and performance got worse), and I'm using a 3080ti.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Been slow as hell this league due to sickness. Only into yellow maps with Lightning Conduit but I die when a monster look at me sideways. Whatsa good build to be a damn tank in this game? I god damn hate dying in one hit. Boneshatter?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What's a good, lazy way to get your Hydrosphere pulsing since your Storm Brand of Indecision can't damage it?

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I figured that one out last night after I bought the other tabs. Would've been nice to know earlier, but not a huge deal. The currency especially though was good timing. I had basically started filling up an entire second tab with them. 350 alteration orbs takes up a lot of space, but condensed down to one slot is massive.

And yeah, the fact that it's F2P makes it better. Shit, I've put 50 hours into it since I started less than a week ago. My first go around at game release I had 62 hours total. Wish I'd kept with it because it's a lot more fun than I remembered.
Just saw a server message of sale on all stash tabs right now. FYI.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So I've had pretty gnarly performance for a while, and here's an example. Basic T5 map, no minions, just a juiced Harbinger, and my FPS plummets to the mid 30s:

View attachment 504371

The fact that the green "shader" bar is maxed out, would that indicate I'd get good results from following those shader recompiler steps in that Reddit post linked a bit ago? My only other thought would be RAM, since I'm still rocking 16gb of like 6 year old stuff, but this pic was taken with my browsers closed and nothing else major running in the background (although there was a noticeable performance boost after closing my browsers). My CPU is also that old although it's OCed to like 4.8ghz (I tried turning off multithreading and performance got worse), and I'm using a 3080ti.
My performance is also complete ass this league. I've tried turning off the threading shit, etc. I have a 6700XT and a 5900x and often get worse performance than I did 5 years ago on my 3570k with a 1060.

They have definitely fucked with something in their spaghetti ass code this league.

Speaking of the league, it's pretty ass. Sure, the ascendancies are cool and add some nice power, but the mobs are fucking retarded HP sponges both inside the wildwood and after you juice a map. And I'd be fine with that, if they also weren't able to just insta delete you as well. So, each fight ends up me running for my life for 10 fucking minutes hoping I don't get touched.