Path of Exile

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
So whats my best course of action if I'm level 78 and running alched tiers 1-4 maps? Pseudo SSF since I haven't really gotten into any trading, running a Champion Duelist using Lightning Strike. Went with maxrolls endgame guide (I know, I am far from end game), but even with a 4 link chest, I seem to be doing half decent damage for a noob.

Guess I am just wondering what my next step should be, do I keep throwing alchs on the maps I can beat and hope to get gear upgrades? As much as I never really gave it a chance I'm kind of addicted just not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This league was probably my favorite and that’s despite not really doing the league juice myself. The effects of the league with inflation and cheap t0 uniques, and the high cost of boss drops which I like to farm was the part I really loved. I gotta take a break as I was just playin too much and the waistline was exploding.

next league I really want to try and farm harvest memories in a group of 6 people early on, seems like a great way into money bags right away. I will eat the cost of the beasts and sell your beasts for you as well, if this is something you’d want to join up for let me know. Just 1-2 hours you can easily run 20-30 memories and make like 50 div early on

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For anyone on the fence about leveling a new char, blink arrow tranny gem leveling is some of the lolziest leveling I've ever done. Better then hollow palm smite and even, dare I say pre nerf poet's pen. The idea is you put in a blink arrow of bombardment and blink arrow of prismatic clones in your tabula and just zoom around the map. THe scaling is full retard with widow maker and a hyrii's. This video is horrible because no POB or anything but you can literally do this on any class.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So is it mirror arrow or blink arrow? The guy that basically popularized BAMA has been saying blink arrow, so I'm going to assume that. He's been negative on the prismatic ones, saying that version doesn't get the AoE component that the player skill does. But he's been really positive about BA of Bombardment.

Quill Rain might be better for leveling given the projectile and attack speed it can reach.

Impossible Escape doesn't let you allocate masteries.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I can't imagine anything being better than a high rolled Widowhail (the bow, not widowmaker) for leveling because of the insane scaling you get off your quiver, and the great mods you can get on quivers. Also usable at level 1.

Any good minion build is always fun and fast for leveling.

KB of Fragmentation is also idiotically good for leveling.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is it mirror arrow or blink arrow? The guy that basically popularized BAMA has been saying blink arrow, so I'm going to assume that. He's been negative on the prismatic ones, saying that version doesn't get the AoE component that the player skill does. But he's been really positive about BA of Bombardment.

Quill Rain might be better for leveling given the projectile and attack speed it can reach.

Impossible Escape doesn't let you allocate masteries.
Its blink arrow of bombardment and blink arrow of prismatic, not mirror arrow sorry. Both in your tabula, supported by faster attacks, LMP, minion damage and whatever else. This allows you to have 6 minions to aboslute shred bosses in the acts. While running through the acts you just use the bombardment one. And yea you use widow hail with hyrris, you do it corrupted, 8% phys converted as extra cold which has level req of 10 and then flat corruption at 24. A good roll on widowhail will make it like 3-180 flat lightning damage and 30-60 cold damage just from the quiver. Then you stack flat damage ghastly eye jewels in a darkness enthroned and jewel slots in the passive tree. Bow mastery for 100% cooldown on BA/MA and a few minion nodes and you're golden.

EDIT:

Here's the video I used.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So whats my best course of action if I'm level 78 and running alched tiers 1-4 maps? Pseudo SSF since I haven't really gotten into any trading, running a Champion Duelist using Lightning Strike. Went with maxrolls endgame guide (I know, I am far from end game), but even with a 4 link chest, I seem to be doing half decent damage for a noob.

Guess I am just wondering what my next step should be, do I keep throwing alchs on the maps I can beat and hope to get gear upgrades? As much as I never really gave it a chance I'm kind of addicted just not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing.
Not sure with this league or not, but you may have trouble sustaining alchs if you're alch and going white tier maps. If you're not having problems, that's fine, but I'd really try to progress your atlas to get higher maps. Even just getting to tier ~7 or so could help you get some more exp and loot. Then you can dabble in some atlas passive shenanigans for things like abyss that can help you get experience and some nice items like Darkness Enthroned. Depending on how your build is you might go for stuff like Legion or Breach as well. Harvest/Essence are also solid options for both SSF style play and money.

Really just make sure to get atlas completion via magic completed white maps, then rare completed yellow maps. That'll help give you a lot more options in what you want to do. Don't even sweat corrupted rare red tier maps too much unless your build is crushing stuff. Then you can push farther. My starter character I'm usually like 88ish before I really start to get higher red tier maps done at all.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Not sure with this league or not, but you may have trouble sustaining alchs if you're alch and going white tier maps. If you're not having problems, that's fine, but I'd really try to progress your atlas to get higher maps. Even just getting to tier ~7 or so could help you get some more exp and loot. Then you can dabble in some atlas passive shenanigans for things like abyss that can help you get experience and some nice items like Darkness Enthroned. Depending on how your build is you might go for stuff like Legion or Breach as well. Harvest/Essence are also solid options for both SSF style play and money.

Really just make sure to get atlas completion via magic completed white maps, then rare completed yellow maps. That'll help give you a lot more options in what you want to do. Don't even sweat corrupted rare red tier maps too much unless your build is crushing stuff. Then you can push farther. My starter character I'm usually like 88ish before I really start to get higher red tier maps done at all.
Thanks, will try and push some higher tiers, just leveled so not worried about losing xp for the moment. Think I have around 30ish alch orbs left but they don't seem to drop very often.

I'm playing on standard with this character, so I don't have the wisp wood area, sounds like I should have chose the current league but oh well.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Its blink arrow of bombardment and blink arrow of prismatic, not mirror arrow sorry. Both in your tabula, supported by faster attacks, LMP, minion damage and whatever else. This allows you to have 6 minions to aboslute shred bosses in the acts. While running through the acts you just use the bombardment one. And yea you use widow hail with hyrris, you do it corrupted, 8% phys converted as extra cold which has level req of 10 and then flat corruption at 24. A good roll on widowhail will make it like 3-180 flat lightning damage and 30-60 cold damage just from the quiver. Then you stack flat damage ghastly eye jewels in a darkness enthroned and jewel slots in the passive tree. Bow mastery for 100% cooldown on BA/MA and a few minion nodes and you're golden.

EDIT:

Here's the video I used.

Attack and projectile speed is QoL, hard to beat that. I'm sure widowhail with corrupted hyrri's is much better damage. Damage is easier to get elsewhere, however. And this guys stuffs both skills into a tabula when he could be easily running one on a 6L and the other on a 5L for more QoL or more damage. LMP is essentially a wasted support for both skills.

That guy makes a few mistakes conflating player damage with minion damage. Replica Tasalio's is a waste. As is Ralakesh's Impatience.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Predictions on how they nerf ralakesh next league? I'm betting on the giga troll nerf of just making them t0 and changing nothing else

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Attack and projectile speed is QoL, hard to beat that. I'm sure widowhail with corrupted hyrri's is much better damage. Damage is easier to get elsewhere, however. And this guys stuffs both skills into a tabula when he could be easily running one on a 6L and the other on a 5L for more QoL or more damage. LMP is essentially a wasted support for both skills.

That guy makes a few mistakes conflating player damage with minion damage. Replica Tasalio's is a waste. As is Ralakesh's Impatience.
Dunno about the issue with player damage and minion damage. The skill says the minions use your bow and quiver and I'm guessing flat damage to you counts toward that.

Yea you could easily put something in a 5L Widowhail. i chose to put my auras and supporting skills in there and run gemless with helm/gloves/boots for the warden buffs. Works out really well. Not sure why he uses astramentis. You pretty much get all your stat requirements from Hyrris/Widow. I went with Karuis into Hinekora's for the classic scaling with Precise Technique.

LMP is useless for bombardment, but allows prismatic to shotgun I believe for bosses. Damage is just not an issue so you can stuff both actives in the same 6L to have 2 psuedo 5L. All I do is run past packs by blinking and I can't stay 2 levels behind my current zone, which should be "slow" per say but you literally just kill everything you run by.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Predictions on how they nerf ralakesh next league? I'm betting on the giga troll nerf of just making them t0 and changing nothing else

It's comical how good they are. +Chaos res. Movement speed. No life so you can use Utula's. They really are too good.

I'm guessing they become T0 or limit to 3/3/3 which would make them good boots as a filler, but never BiS. They could also just make them have a downside. They have none. 50% effect of charges would be good because you can still do badge dumb shit and stuff like icebite is still nutty.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Dunno about the issue with player damage and minion damage. The skill says the minions use your bow and quiver and I'm guessing flat damage to you counts toward that.

Yea you could easily put something in a 5L Widowhail. i chose to put my auras and supporting skills in there and run gemless with helm/gloves/boots for the warden buffs. Works out really well. Not sure why he uses astramentis. You pretty much get all your stat requirements from Hyrris/Widow. I went with Karuis into Hinekora's for the classic scaling with Precise Technique.

LMP is useless for bombardment, but allows prismatic to shotgun I believe for bosses. Damage is just not an issue so you can stuff both actives in the same 6L to have 2 psuedo 5L. All I do is run past packs by blinking and I can't stay 2 levels behind my current zone, which should be "slow" per say but you literally just kill everything you run by.
Player affixes not local to the bow and quiver will not apply to the clones.

The prismatic clones do not have the aoe component that the players' elemental hit has. Even then, you need another target for that aoe to shotgun. Second Wind might be a better support than LMP. Or faster projectiles for more QoL. Gonna monkey around with a leveling pob this weekend as I was looking to try out a BAMA build. There's gotta be a better support than LMP.

• 1Like

Khane

Widowhail multiplies everything on the quiver by up to 3.5. You can scale attack speed AND projectile damage to the same level as Quill Rain very easily, very early, and Hyrris gives an insane amount of flat cold damage very early that gets that multiplier and is far and away better than any attack speed, on a paltry phys damage level 5 bow.

Widowhail is BiS for leveling any bow build, hands down, its also insanely good even in end game. Especially in HC, even in Affliction, even for juiced MF.

Notice his bow.

To put it into perspective, if you somehow managed to get a +1 arrow synth quiver that had the +1 arrow quiver explicit suffix, with a 250% widowhail you get 7 extra arrows. That's insane. If anything in the game deserves a nerf, its probably that bow, considering it can be used very early, very cheaply in a league to get stats that would otherwise cost you 20+ div... basically for free as a multiplier of a "decent" quiver.

He's heavily meta crafting all of his gear and even using very expensive heist bases... and still using a Widowhail.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
PoB does make this a bit annoying actually compare. AFAIK, it doesn't seem to be applying Widowhail's implicit to the minions.

There comes a point where more damage is overkill and more speed is better. IDK if Widowhail's damage is overkill while leveling. You can match Quill Rain's projectile speed with a support, but I'm dubious you can match over 2x attack speed with a leveling quiver.

Khane

it does apply it. Also, widowhail is not new tech, and to be completely honest, that leveling build is pretty vanilla and not nearly as insane as the PoE click bait mafia want you to think. Any bow build can level with a Widowhail insanely fast, BAMA is as flavor of the month as it gets.

People rediscovered something they already knew. That isn't even faster. The BAMA builds all look like garbage... I seriously don't get it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
it does apply it. Also, widowhail is not new tech, and to be completely honest, that leveling build is pretty vanilla and not nearly as insane as the PoE click bait mafia want you to think. Any bow build can level with a Widowhail insanely fast, BAMA is as flavor of the month as it gets.

People rediscovered something they already knew. That isn't even faster. The BAMA builds all look like garbage... I seriously don't get it.
Pretty sure it doesn't. Create a blank pob, equip widowhail and hyrri's bite. Go to config, see the added cold is 30 - 60 as it should be. Click "Show Minion Stats". It's now 10 - 20. Is it a display error and actually 30 - 60 behind the scenes?

I don't think this is rediscovering. BAMA was garbage before this patch for leveling.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I ask this every league, but I'm curious if someone can recommend an uber badass boss killer that uses a mageblood and is extremely tanky. I'm not good at dodging and knowing all boss mechanics and stuff so I'll get hit a lot. But I'd love some kind of boss killer and actually do it this league.

I have pretty much unlimited budget, but would like to keep it no more than 200 div if possible.

• 1Mother of God