Path of Exile

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Int stacking KB of Fragmentation Trickster.

I don't know why he can't speak normally and speed mumbles but, yea, thats from a month ago before you could even fully flesh out that build. His build is pretty insane now.

Which is this:

Khane

Kinetic Bolt of Fragmentation. Actually here are two better intros into why its broken and busted and is definitely going to get nerfed:

Traditional elemental playstyle:

Leaning into tinctures and their interesting interactions:

Notice that both of these videos and PoBs are not expensive and still wreck. They dont have the best defenses necessarily but they kill so fast you can stand still and turret mostly. Thats where the Int stacking trickster I posted above comes in, that build can become immortal with the same skill and same kind of damage.

Khane

Actually I'm full of shit on the pricing now. The tinctures are very, very expensive. Especially the Curse + Additional proj tincture. I'm dumb and forgot that even I paid 180div for mine like a week ago.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It still stands that Trickster + a lot of things, is pretty busted right now, especially for bossing.

I'll probably give Penance Brand a go for Trickster bossing, but right now doing something similar to Exile Cats Occ build. MF is just too addicting this league to pass it up to do some bossing shennanigans.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno why everyone is crying about ralakesh boots as if it's something new. There has been something retardedly better than everything else in every single league since the game was in closed beta and the only leagues were standard and hardcore and nobody was even close to level 100. And are ralakesh builds even the strongest builds?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I dunno why everyone is crying about ralakesh boots as if it's something new. There has been something retardedly better than everything else in every single league since the game was in closed beta and the only leagues were standard and hardcore and nobody was even close to level 100. And are ralakesh builds even the strongest builds?

Yes, a league having something crazy in it isn't by itself a big deal. It's going to drive a streamer like Mathil insane because his whole thing is piloting a large variety of builds each league and Ralakesh is good enough to warp everything around it but he'll survive. Plotting out any character it's hard to not start with Ralakesh + one of the three unique Maven belts + stacking charges and that just gets old. Why not just run around with 10 frenzy charges/10 endurance/10 affliction or 11 power/frenzy/absorption or a slayer with 12 power/endurance/frenzy/whatever and then bolt on more charge scaling with charms. Belt, badge, boots, void battery, malachai's loop all cost nothing and crush.

The league is great and probably my favorite so far but it's also a sugar high. With the difficulty of Wildwood it's nice to have a crutch but all of this has to go next league. Was it Ritual that was the first league with core Harvest? You can't bolt that shit on to the whole game for the long term.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Why not just run around with 10 frenzy charges/10 endurance/10 affliction or 11 power/frenzy/absorption or a slayer with 12 power/endurance/frenzy/whatever and then bolt on more charge scaling with charms. Belt, badge, boots, void battery, malachai's loop all cost nothing and crush.
Same reason back in closed beta not everyone was playing a 150/500 mf culling spork totem build, etc. etc. throughout the years. Yep, it's strong and doesn't cost 540 mirrors. How dare something besides a mirror bow + hh build be strong enough to steamroll content!

How about This 2.4b dps poe.ninja str stack build using reave that doesn't use ralakesh. Does it suck? I have no clue, but it's the 2nd highest dps on poe.ninja behind a 3b firetrap character. 3rd place is a ralakesh build that only has 1.8b on ninja.

I feel like mathils builds are clearing content just fine this league and he's just crying about ralakesh because it's the popular thing to do, considering he has a long history of saying "x and y would probably be way better" whether it's skills or anything else, in every build i've watched of his over the years (nowhere near all of them but still not a small amount of them), so how is this any different other than he's whining instead of just mentioning it.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The price of an item should have nothing to do with whether it is a problem or not. This idea that something is balanced if only the "cool kid pro gamers" who poopsock farm 50 mirrors in week 1 can use them will never make sense to me. Are the boots strong? Yup. Are mageblood and HH strong? Yup. Can you play builds without mageblood and HH? Yup. Can you play builds without ralakesh? Yup.

• 1Potato
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

So Ralakesh probably should get nerfed, but I really hope they stay as they are. They're fun.

Actual stats of the boots with no other investment (I don't think there is any other item in the game that gives this much raw character power from a single slot by itself):
30% Increased Movement Speed
+37% to Cold Resistance
+12% to Fire Resistance
+12% to Lightning Resistance
+25% to Chaos Resistance
12% Increased Attack and Cast Speed
12% More (not increased) Damage
150% Increased Critical Strike Chance
12% Additional Physical Damage Reduction

The boots themselves are really good but the real "issue" with them is they let you ignore the downsides of the various +charge items which makes those items themselves way more powerful. And they basically remove the need for minimum charges from the entirety of the game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Does anybody run any real builds using + min charges? They are just another dead mod like all the other dead mods.

How much char power does HH give? Mageblood probably also gives an absurd amount of char power but I don't want to take the time to add up all the effects of all the 4 flask combos plus the belt mods. Yes, they cost more. Balancing via "you can only be strong if you poopsock boring content with builds you don't like for 10-150 hours depending on your rng" isn't actually balancing.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
There was a build a couple leagues ago using min charges from grand spectrums, void batteries, and malachai's loop that was pretty good. They idea is you got 9 min charges so malachai's downside never took effect. Niche for sure, I think it was tuned for blights, but it was a build.

Why would anyone do that now with Ralakesh's as they are?

Khane

So as a public service announcement about PoE stack just a heads up if you are blindly trading stash tab pages based on the pricing estimate of poe stack itself.

PoE Stack says my essence tab is worth ~53 divines. I did the math myself and its actual value is ~81 divines. That would be a huge loss if selling based on poe stack estimates.

Khane

Does anybody run any real builds using + min charges? They are just another dead mod like all the other dead mods.

How much char power does HH give? Mageblood probably also gives an absurd amount of char power but I don't want to take the time to add up all the effects of all the 4 flask combos plus the belt mods. Yes, they cost more. Balancing via "you can only be strong if you poopsock boring content with builds you don't like for 10-150 hours depending on your rng" isn't actually balancing.

By itself those items do not give as much power as Ralakesh. Flasks are easy so nothing in the game can beat a Mageblood in terms of actual power from a single slot but you do still need to roll the flasks. HH is a niche item for farming high pack size maps and thats it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not about cost, it's about tiering. Ralakesh, a t1 item, has the power of a t0. It's fine they are in the game but they shouldn't be as common as they are.

While we're at it there are about 5 t0s that should probably be 1s. (And lioneye should easily be a 3 or a 4, wtf is that shit item)

Yea this league exacerbates the unique flood but all those points still stand.

• 1Like