Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Can somebody riddle me this batman? I've tried looking this up and people on the forum are saying its a bug but I think its something else

The Dark Marionette tech with Blessing/Aura. I keep losing my pet. I think its because I'm dying when my pet is in "respawn" mode but I haven't totally tested yet. I've spent damn near 3 divine replacing this pet and Penance Brand scales so ridiculously hard with cast speed I'd love to have the haste aura, even if its on demand for a few seconds.

On the forum they say the pet doesn't respawn when it dies via degen aura. Haven't tested if this is true.
Are you using DD or an offering? Or a Kitava's passive or corpse eating passive? That's why. They're dying then the corpses are probably being consumed completely by a skill. I had two with a guaridan's blessing and had 0 problem.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just use Divine Blessing + Inspiration + Haste. The dark marionette + guardian blessing "tech" is even more annoying to use because you have to press it more often than divine blessing and in juiced maps the marionettes cant stay alive for more than like 2 seconds unless you've got some decent investment, its awful.

Khane

Cast while stunned charge stacking Slayer I'm working on. Big Defense, Big Damage, unsure of CWS playstyle. It would be a mapper, I'd never try to play CWS as a bosser, that sounds awful.

Self cast immortal call when needed for huge defensive boost.

Seems great in theory, unsure about how it will feel in practice. There is also, apparently, a weird interraction between stun and cold damage, where criticals from cold damage don't stun? Not sure how that plays out in mapping.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you using DD or an offering? Or a Kitava's passive or corpse eating passive? That's why. They're dying then the corpses are probably being consumed completely by a skill. I had two with a guaridan's blessing and had 0 problem.
Only corpse eating passives I can think of on my build are Occultist explodie, but I wouldn't imagine that's technically not a corpse eating passive. Maybe something HH is proccing, or a map mod or alter?

Gonna just try Divine blessing.

EDIT: nm haste cost 400 mana even with my 21 inspiration...

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's two popular "returning projectiles" skills that seem to have very little overlap and I can't figure out why. KB of Fragmentation is commonly built with the charge stacking and/or tincture/doedre's scorn packages. Nobody on poe.ninja is life stacking via Crimson Power.

Splitting Steel has some life stacking via Crimson Power(and bloodthirst support and crown of eyes). 1 guy on poe.ninja is using SS with Doedre's Scorn but he's not even charge stacking nor using the tincture, so I'm not sure that counts.

Is there some reason you shouldn't play SS with Doedre's Scorn and proj/hex tincture? Is there some reason you shouldn't play KBoF with life stacking and Crimson Power? I can't think of a mechanical reason and seems there would be enough people trying to be "different" that it would have shown up on poe.ninja.

Khane

There's not much reason to play "life stacking" kbof with doedres because you are probably strength stacking so you just use replica alberons and a normal flask setup.

I've been playing charge stacking doedres kbof most of the season. It should work very well with SS as well. kbof is just better however.

Here is my mapping setup FWIW:

For bossing I swap to 2 flask (dying sun and diamond) and the DPS is like 187 mil or so.

Last edited:

Khane

BTW if you felt like making a pure Bossing build. Here's a skeleton PoB.

This has, in fact, and in actuality, 272 total proj with Snipers mark and KBoF:

Putting real clusters and gear in it would almost definitely result in billions of DPS.

Khane

Im getting pretty good at this PoB thing. Here ya go for a billion DPS boss blaster:

EDIT: We can take it even further, 1.7 Billion DPS (516 Million Uber DPS):

Last edited:

Khane

Remind me, how are you calculating total projectiles?

16x from Snipers Mark (from all the mark, curse effect) 17x From -> 2x tree, 2x deadeye, 2x Dying sun, 5x Tincture, 5x GMP, 1x skill -> 17x16 = 272.

You can check the extra effect to Sniper's Mark in calcs, and the calc for extra proj from everything else detailed above is also correct.

Sniper's Mark is absolutely stupid with KBoF.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
16x from Snipers Mark (from all the mark, curse effect) 17x From -> 2x tree, 2x deadeye, 2x Dying sun, 5x Tincture, 5x GMP, 1x skill -> 17x16 = 272.

You can check the extra effect to Sniper's Mark in calcs, and the calc for extra proj from everything else detailed above is also correct.

Sniper's Mark is absolutely stupid with KBoF.
Do all returns hit? I haven't tried with this skill, but similar skills I have found it to be cones in front and behind.

Khane

Do all returns hit? I haven't tried with this skill, but similar skills I have found it to be cones in front and behind.

Yes, they all hit. KboF is broken. You can see the damage from my Slayer with only 48 proj in the various videos I've already posted in this thread. I've also already linked the BigDucks and Jungroan videos from a while back. But here they are again:

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
That build should show a photosensitive seizure warning when entering a portal but nice dps, really. How many Divs we are talking for 500mill estimated?

Khane

Well, the tinctures are kind of a pain to find on trade for a decent one. The rest of the gear shouldn't be very expensive for either version for the basic setup. You can probably get the build rolling for around 20 div if doing BigDucks version and 100 div for Jungroan (the tincture will be expensive)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I know this league is crazy so it's a less impressive offer than in time's past but I'm entering sunset mode and I've got a couple of magebloods if anyone wants one. Send me a message here and if I have some kind of idea who you are we'll set something up.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was actually thinking about this last night. Mageblood, that is. Not, when is someone going to give away some free shit.

I wanted to try a build with Mageblood since they're relatively cheap this league. And if I got off my ass and actually sold some of the shit sitting my tabs, I could probably buy one right now. Almost every build I could think of was:
  • Charge stacking, so Maven belt.
  • Champion, so Perseverance.
  • Pathfinder, so already sustaining flasks. And micro distillery belt.
There were a couple builds, but they were so investment heavy otherwise, I couldn't come up cheap alternatives. Like that life stacking LL splitting steel deadeye I was asking about earlier in the thread. Turns out, Petrified Blood does NOT cut it as your only layer of mitigation on 4k life!

Khane

Cast while stunned charge stacking Slayer I'm working on. Big Defense, Big Damage, unsure of CWS playstyle. It would be a mapper, I'd never try to play CWS as a bosser, that sounds awful.

Self cast immortal call when needed for huge defensive boost.

Seems great in theory, unsure about how it will feel in practice. There is also, apparently, a weird interraction between stun and cold damage, where criticals from cold damage don't stun? Not sure how that plays out in mapping.

So I made this, and it works fairly well with the obvious problems. Stragglers are an obvious problem, I'd need to invest into slower projectiles to counter that but meh. I thought elemental focus on the vortex setup would prevent mass freezing/big chills but in practice it seems like the extra pulses on the frostbolts still freeze and chill. Not good for a build that relies on getting hit to do damage.

This league has been good for being able to carelessly spend currency to test things for myself in game rather than just PoB and theorize. So it's not a total loss. Also, I can just swap out one charm and switch the tree around with a Cospris to just go CoC instead, so the lion's share of the gear is still usable.

Khane

I was actually thinking about this last night. Mageblood, that is. Not, when is someone going to give away some free shit.

I wanted to try a build with Mageblood since they're relatively cheap this league. And if I got off my ass and actually sold some of the shit sitting my tabs, I could probably buy one right now. Almost every build I could think of was:
  • Charge stacking, so Maven belt.
  • Champion, so Perseverance.
  • Pathfinder, so already sustaining flasks. And micro distillery belt.
There were a couple builds, but they were so investment heavy otherwise, I couldn't come up cheap alternatives. Like that life stacking LL splitting steel deadeye I was asking about earlier in the thread. Turns out, Petrified Blood does NOT cut it as your only layer of mitigation on 4k life!

Don't make the mistake of discounting mageblood on a Pathfinder, in practice it's the best belt a PF can use. Micro Distillery is good but you can't get the extra 70% increased effect from Enkindling orbs which is very synergistic with the large amount of flask effect a PF gets anyway. And you have to give up a flask (not an issue if going tinctures, but fairly big power loss for any other affliction ascendency)

I hear you on the Charge stacking scenarios though. Mageblood is still incredible on them, and I'm using one on a charge stacker right now, but it does sort of "feel bad" considering you get the benefits of the secondary charges with Ralakesh at no cost when using a Maven's belt. Very, very powerful this league.

Champion received a fairly substantial "innocent bystander" power loss this league. While Assassin received a VERY substantial power buff because of the aforementioned. Their insane offensive power can now be coupled with good defenses simply because of Ralakesh in its current state. Maybe look into an Assassin build? They aren't just boss killers anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I wanna build that KBOF but I'm starting to burn out. I really wanna boss this league though. I just farmed a mirror and like 800 divine. I'm kinda tired now. How much would it run for me to get a base build going with it. I already have a shadow leveled but I wonder if that was a bad choice.

Khane

I wanna build that KBOF but I'm starting to burn out. I really wanna boss this league though. I just farmed a mirror and like 800 divine. I'm kinda tired now. How much would it run for me to get a base build going with it. I already have a shadow leveled but I wonder if that was a bad choice.

If you just do a deadeye and you only want to boss with it you can make a 1B+ dps bosser for probably 500 divines. All of the gear I posted in that faux PoB with 1.7B dps is my actual gear except for the clusters, which are plain, they have basically nothing on them except for Hound's Mark on the small clusters. EDIT: Nevermind, they aren't plain, thought I put plain ones in there but they have some good stats.

Shotgunning was removed for a reason. It's pretty cheap and simple to get to outrageous DPS #'s. Not sure why they made KBoF distinctly a shotgunning skill.

Last edited: