Path of Exile

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You can even get enough curse effect to get to 20 proj from Snipers mark with a Widowhail + Mark effect quiver on swap (marks have no duration, start the fight, mark, swap). That would be 340 projectiles and would look like this:

You would need mark effect eldritch implicit on gloves to hit the 20 though, otherwise its only 19 (323 instead of 340). That seems wholly uneccesary but its over 2B at that point

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Shotgunning was removed for a reason. It's pretty cheap and simple to get to outrageous DPS #'s. Not sure why they made KBoF distinctly a shotgunning skill.
My guess? It's shit to play.

To be fair, I've never played one of these types of builds with heavy investment. I'm one of those dumbasses that tries to be clever and force a budget version. Holy shit, do these boss hugging skills suck with the compromises you have to make on budget builds.

Then again, I'm that MT that stands in the fire, so maybe it's just me. Any time I try a build that requires you to "stand and deliver", I find myself eating boss mechanics. Hugging the boss just seems to increase that likelihood.

Maybe I should just stick to brand and ignite builds...

Khane

Well, in this particular case you kill them so fast that is mostly meaningless. For that deadeye, yea, it's not very tanky. On my Slayer, with a measly ~180mil boss dps, that one could tank stuff while still doing very good boss DPS.

That PoB I cooked up is really just a "lol look at how easy it is to dump crazy amounts of DPS with this skill". Don't think I'd recommend trying to tailor a build around it. The Big Ducks video however is an actual build and is not even using a full 6 link. And Jungroan's works without a 6 link as well (I've been playing on a dual 5 link with KBlast/KBolt all season).

Most of these builds use KBlast for everything but bosses/rares so they still have good clear while mostly having decent defenses because of how fast they kill and how much leech they have.

Here is the Slayer from before I switched him over to that CWS build I was theorizing:

^^ That is the bossing setup, in a 6 link without KBlast.

This is the mapping setup with KBlast (The flasks have enkindling orbs because I've switched to a Mageblood so the defenses aren't as good as the PoB suggests, but still good).

I left Immortal Call unchecked, but it has almost 100% uptime on an endurance charge stacker while mapping. You can re-check it to see how much defenses it has while mapping for the most part. This build, the gear that is, is mostly quite cheap EXCEPT for the tincture, but the tincture is also build enabling. It would still be good with just a curse tincture without the proj, but it wouldn't be that level of blast your face off.

I probably should have just reposted that instead of the theoretical one, its a good comparison against Deadeye which lack those defensive layers.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was actually thinking about this last night. Mageblood, that is. Not, when is someone going to give away some free shit.

I wanted to try a build with Mageblood since they're relatively cheap this league. And if I got off my ass and actually sold some of the shit sitting my tabs, I could probably buy one right now. Almost every build I could think of was:
  • Charge stacking, so Maven belt.
  • Champion, so Perseverance.
  • Pathfinder, so already sustaining flasks. And micro distillery belt.
There were a couple builds, but they were so investment heavy otherwise, I couldn't come up cheap alternatives. Like that life stacking LL splitting steel deadeye I was asking about earlier in the thread. Turns out, Petrified Blood does NOT cut it as your only layer of mitigation on 4k life!
My guildmate made a Bodyswap of Sacricifice Mageblood Chieftain. He did all Ubers with it, but it was by no means fast. He mostly used it to map, but it was essentially unkillable with giga clear. It used explode prolif from Marionettes to just burn everything to death. He actually used Brass Dome over Cloak of Flame because he bought the Unbreakable Flesh/Flame. But he had a Dawnbreaker and other %phys as ele shit with a Ruby flask and Mageblood so he was very, very tanky.

It's true though if you want to really abuse flasks, sometimes Pathfinder is just better than Mageblood or equivalent to it. You can make some pretty gross flask modifiers on belts now.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
They said in ziz interview just now that we're getting what sounds like an auction house in poe 2. So instead of friction like we have now of having to be invited and go to the sellers hideout or like on console that you can't do precise searches the price for the buyer in poe 2 will be gold.

• 1Blown
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

From what I understand and from what I've heard it's just another Rube Goldberg machine that will never stop the nefarious actors (bots and price fixers) but will make the experience more annoying for the rest of us.

If we consider it in modern terms, most of us may not understand what the value of something is for trade, so now we have to spend this "gold" to post and maybe it sells? Unsure. And then keep reposting for more gold? Should I even have posted that item? How much money do people spend on convenience in their every day lives? How are services like Doordash and Grubhub and Peapod in business if not for the simple fact that people will pay an insane premium for that convenience? So why, in god's name, are player economies in GAMES always designed around inconvenience in the name of "sanctity"?

An auction house is meant to make it more convenient to trade. Yet game developers, like nowhere else in life, insist on creating archaic, obtuse, and draconian systems that impose limitations on the playerbase at large so they don't have to invest manpower into a problem that only manpower can "fix".

Hey listen, an AH is a step in the right direction, but if it's annoying enough to interact with guess what's gonna happen? TFT 2.0.

Enough with the idiotic limitations to my trading experience. Just let me fucking trade.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I know this league is crazy so it's a less impressive offer than in time's past but I'm entering sunset mode and I've got a couple of magebloods if anyone wants one. Send me a message here and if I have some kind of idea who you are we'll set something up.

Am on standard, not league, just wanna say thats awesome of you, GGz on whoever gets one!

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
From what I understand and from what I've heard it's just another Rube Goldberg machine that will never stop the nefarious actors (bots and price fixers) but will make the experience more annoying for the rest of us.

If we consider it in modern terms, most of us may not understand what the value of something is for trade, so now we have to spend this "gold" to post and maybe it sells? Unsure. And then keep reposting for more gold? Should I even have posted that item? How much money do people spend on convenience in their every day lives? How are services like Doordash and Grubhub and Peapod in business if not for the simple fact that people will pay an insane premium for that convenience? So why, in god's name, are player economies in GAMES always designed around inconvenience in the name of "sanctity"?

An auction house is meant to make it more convenient to trade. Yet game developers, like nowhere else in life, insist on creating archaic, obtuse, and draconian systems that impose limitations on the playerbase at large so they don't have to invest manpower into a problem that only manpower can "fix".

Hey listen, an AH is a step in the right direction, but if it's annoying enough to interact with guess what's gonna happen? TFT 2.0.

Enough with the idiotic limitations to my trading experience. Just let me fucking trade.
Just to clarify what they said:
1. The buyer pays the gold cost/tax..not the seller so you can list as much as you have space for (they mentioned selling stash space is part of their business model)
2. Gold would be untradable between players so you'd have to play/bot the game to have gold (they blah blah about bots but we all know they won't be very effective combating them)
3. Equipment would have a higher and probably substantial gold cost/tax, currency would be quite cheap.

On another topic they mentioned tft and we will see more stuff (aisling) itemized next league so tft drama is certainly on their radar now.

Khane

Since we were talking about Pathfinders and belts Ruetoo made a few different penance brand pathfinder variants, 3 of em use Mageblood and lean heavily into flask effect on charms / TWWT.

240% increased flask effect on some of these, lol that's 68% reduced damage taken for each element you are using an elemental flask for.

Khane

The divinarius build looks fairly "cheap". Cheap meaning attainable based on this league's economy.

Khane

A couple more theoretical PoB's with stupid DPS numbers. This time using Frenzy with Barrage Support. I *think* Barrage Support makes it so every proj, and every split proj hits including on return. That might be wrong though. But if it's correct:

Even sillier in a Dialla's:

EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like PoB actually calculates all projectiles including Sniper's Mark without needing to increase projectile count of the skill when using Barrage Support. So those PoBs are not real. It's actually this:

MEH!!!!

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well, in this particular case you kill them so fast that is mostly meaningless. For that deadeye, yea, it's not very tanky. On my Slayer, with a measly ~180mil boss dps, that one could tank stuff while still doing very good boss DPS.

That PoB I cooked up is really just a "lol look at how easy it is to dump crazy amounts of DPS with this skill". Don't think I'd recommend trying to tailor a build around it. The Big Ducks video however is an actual build and is not even using a full 6 link. And Jungroan's works without a 6 link as well (I've been playing on a dual 5 link with KBlast/KBolt all season).

Most of these builds use KBlast for everything but bosses/rares so they still have good clear while mostly having decent defenses because of how fast they kill and how much leech they have.

Here is the Slayer from before I switched him over to that CWS build I was theorizing:

^^ That is the bossing setup, in a 6 link without KBlast.

This is the mapping setup with KBlast (The flasks have enkindling orbs because I've switched to a Mageblood so the defenses aren't as good as the PoB suggests, but still good).

I left Immortal Call unchecked, but it has almost 100% uptime on an endurance charge stacker while mapping. You can re-check it to see how much defenses it has while mapping for the most part. This build, the gear that is, is mostly quite cheap EXCEPT for the tincture, but the tincture is also build enabling. It would still be good with just a curse tincture without the proj, but it wouldn't be that level of blast your face off.

I probably should have just reposted that instead of the theoretical one, its a good comparison against Deadeye which lack those defensive layers.
Gonna give your variant a try because I've run out of stuff to try and I hate dying. Better not let me down!

Regarding your comment about "kblast on everything but bosses/rares"...did you mean a regular chunky rare, or a whisped rare? My issue with kinetic blast(or any clear centric skill, but kb really highlights it) is that you don't know you're going to need to focus down a rare until after the chaff has been cleared. If you're efficient, you're already moving on as the kinetic blast is being fired at the pack, so it's feelsbadman if you have to go back unexpectedly.

Bosses, no problem, they're appropriately signaled. Whisped rares, no problem, they stand out visually. Regular rares do not.

Khane

Unempowered Rares get taken out by KBlast pretty reliably.

The prices of lifeforce have gotten so crazy you can make quite a few div per hour completely ignoring Wildwood now and you can pair it with boss rushing for invitations if you wanted if you just wanted to do that, since KBoF is great at that.

1706813990013.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm shocked yall havet gone crazy about GGG saying they were itemizing nearly everything, and implementing gold in poe2 and most likely poe1 to be used as a tax for an auction house.

Timestamped @ 1:51:40

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Did they say they were itemizing everything? I've heard Aisling benches in betrayal.

I haven't heard anything about the gold and tax system coming to PoE1. It *should*, you shouldn't want QoL to be a point of comparison between your own games, but I haven't seen anything wrt to it coming to PoE1.

Khane

Im not sure I really follow their logic on the friction vs item cost stuff within an AH.

Are they saying that in an AH system where there are no buyout limitations demand goes up and supply goes down because... now people can actually get the item that's being listed instead of getting ignored?

I know they're trying to present a case for requiring limitations like this new gold based buyout system but it doesn't matter how many times I listen to their reasoning, it just doesn't really make sense to me.

Instant buyout is definitely better than what we've got now, so it's welcome in any form, I just don't really understand the strong aversion to it from so many developers.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Did they say they were itemizing everything? I've heard Aisling benches in betrayal.

I haven't heard anything about the gold and tax system coming to PoE1. It *should*, you shouldn't want QoL to be a point of comparison between your own games, but I haven't seen anything wrt to it coming to PoE1.

In the video I linked:

1:49:00 Jonathan said "I think there are a bunch of things getting itemized in the next poe1 update".

1:57:45 Anything would be in the auction house

1:58:50 Buyer would be paying the tax.

2:04:03 Is this something thats poe2 only or poe1 too? "The problem with poe1 is we dont have gold, and I wouldn't want to put this into poe1 without testing it in poe2 first. I think poe1 needs something along these lines, but it would be hard to do that before poe2 goes into beta"