Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Am I able to fracture myself to go for either the attack speed or lightning? I'll go back to the craft site when I get off work and see if I can figure it out better.

I tried the emulation / simulation sections earlier but didn't really know what I was doing....sounds like it has everything I'd need but I am sure I'm not using it correctly
On that particular claw you showed earlier? No, it's already fractured, you can't apply a fracturing orb to a fractured item.

Much easier to buy a fractured claw from trade.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
On that particular claw you showed earlier? No, it's already fractured, you can't apply a fracturing orb to a fractured item.

Much easier to buy a fractured claw from trade.
I meant in general, like if I buy or find a white imperial claw can I just fracture myself?

Edit: sorry mixing up my currency.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I meant in general, like if I buy or find a white imperial claw can I just fracture myself?

Edit: sorry mixing up my currency.
You cannot.

Fracturing Orbs are ridiculously expensive and require 4 affixes. I've never done a craft that requires one, I have no interest in crafting something that starts with an item the market doesn't supply.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
You cannot.

Fracturing Orbs are ridiculously expensive and require 4 affixes. I've never done a craft that requires one, I have no interest in crafting something that starts with an item the market doesn't supply.
Gotcha, yeah sounds like they are even more rare on standard, thanks will look for a base to buy tonight and see how it goes. Have a decent amount of divs / chaos I'd think just for a learning experience and hopefully slight upgrade anyway.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Gotcha, yeah sounds like they are even more rare on standard, thanks will look for a base to buy tonight and see how it goes. Have a decent amount of divs / chaos I'd think just for a learning experience and hopefully slight upgrade anyway.
If you want a learning experience, the large majority of crafts are done like so:

Buy fractured base. Usually the harder to roll affixes are the one you shoot for fractures.
Spam essences. Again, if a hard to roll affix is covered by an essence, use that one.
Keep spamming until prefixes or suffixes are where you want them. It's easier for your fractured affix and essence affix to be both prefixes or both suffixes.
Meta mod to lock said affixes. An affix on the other side must be free. These locking crafts are 2 div, this is where most of the expense comes from.
You have some choices here. Harvest reforge, veiled chaos, and eldritch chaos are all valid ways to fill out the remaining affixes. If you are depending on any of these methods producing needed affixes instead of just "nice to have" affixes, you might have to go back to spamming essences.
If you veiled chaos, bench craft a blocking affix before unveiling. And if you have room.
If you got really lucky, bench craft a different blocking affix and exalt slam.
Finally, bench craft the last affix.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider

So obviously the left click thing is pretty wack and reddit is mad about.
But this new automation gem is exciting for 1 reason, the sab triggerbot arma brand build for a league start. Used to need to spellslinger it early on and upgrade it to a 4sec trigger veiled later on. Now this gem pretty much solves it all.
And the warcy one seems to open up warcries to builds that don't path to call to arms. But it seems likely we'll see more warcy changes.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well, if minion builds didn't already have major gem slot issues this would be great for shit like desecrate/offerings. People used to say minions were lazy builds, but back in the day I had to press like 7-8 buttons constantly just keeping up buffs/spawning corpses/cursing and convocating my minions. This does automate the fuck out of a lot of shit which is interesting. Going to be some builds ENTIRELY created out of this one change.

The removal of left click use is bullshit, though. I wouldn't be surprised if they put it back in.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hrmmm... that automation support doesn't say anything about Vaal skills. Hrmmm.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
2 socket tax to mine builds is going to be rough. It was very rare miners would use the detonate skill gem, so now you have to use it and one of these new supports?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well no, you can just use the detonate skill yourself on a hotkey. So just AHK it like so many people (and you!!) Already do.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well no, you can just use the detonate skill yourself on a hotkey. So just AHK it like so many people (and you!!) Already do.
I never actually macro'd detonate. I will if this goes through and a mine build winds up looking interesting. I played Hexblast Mines in 3.20 I think, got my fill then, hasn't been much churn in that area since. LMB was fine for 99% of playthrough. And Hexblast actually covered that 1%, stacking a bunch for a boss, because Hexblast mines can't detonate without a target.

They should be making design changes to eliminate macros, not encourage it.

Withering Step + Increased Duration(and a bit of skill effect duration or cdr) was a cheap way to stack 14-15 wither on a target. I don't know how reliable it was, you do have to get kinda close to the target. But, as I said, cheap. The negative cdr on the automation support kills that. Fuck applying wither with totems.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Unrelated to the QoL change, but I hit 98 on my first real char, feelsgoodman. Bought a nice amount of essences so the next Imperial Claw I find I'm gonna waste my currency and try my luck at an elemental claw, lol. Didn't see any fractured claws on the trade site, and generic level 83+ claws were 1 div apiece, Ill take my chances once I figure out how to make sure they show in my filter.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Unrelated to the QoL change, but I hit 98 on my first real char, feelsgoodman. Bought a nice amount of essences so the next Imperial Claw I find I'm gonna waste my currency and try my luck at an elemental claw, lol. Didn't see any fractured claws on the trade site, and generic level 83+ claws were 1 div apiece, Ill take my chances once I figure out how to make sure they show in my filter.

Learning how to use the trade website is a minigame unto itself. An incredibly unfun and sometime frustrating minigame. I wish I could specify tier of affix instead of explicit values.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
3.24: Tech Debt.

Tech Debt is the wrong word. Feature Debt? Lots of gimmies and easy wins no matter what they are. Left click fiasco makes more sense if someone was just blindly knocking down bugs without consideration for the consequences.

Reddit is still, understandably, mad about the left click stuff. I'm still hopeful it gets reversed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah I'm thinking they walk back the left click thing. It's too important for a lot of shit. They may just stick to their guns and make us deal with it, but we'll see.

I know a LOT of people made money with invitations. Does this mean that Maven farmers are fucked? Does this mean writs are like 5 div now? I'm not quite sure. I personally don't mind as you can just blast everything with maven on then collect your shit and then turn her off forever, like a real gamer.

The nerf to stack decks/div boxes dropping boss cards in tandem with this is going to make actual bossers a big deal.

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
Anyone out there have currency or leveling uniques on Hardcore you are willing to chuck my way these last few days of league?
Account: Gzngahr, Character: Six_Days_to_Ninety

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
So I couldnt find any fractured claw less than 6 div with either attack speed or lightning, but noticed an insane claw with 1k dps for 30 div.

Messaged the dude and asked if he would sell it for 28 (all I had, mind you, it had been listed for 2 months). He invited me, I joined his hideout, he was at his stash.....then suddenly disconnected and the same item was re-listed for 100+ div.

Like wtf, I can understand not wanting to get ripped off, but this fucking claw had been listed forever and noone bought it.

Whatever, guess its a standard thing.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
People do that in league too. Maybe less since they can't sit on sales indefinitely, but it does happen. Just one of the many reasons people ask for an AH.