Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I'm thinking they walk back the left click thing. It's too important for a lot of shit. They may just stick to their guns and make us deal with it, but we'll see.

I know a LOT of people made money with invitations. Does this mean that Maven farmers are fucked? Does this mean writs are like 5 div now? I'm not quite sure. I personally don't mind as you can just blast everything with maven on then collect your shit and then turn her off forever, like a real gamer.

The nerf to stack decks/div boxes dropping boss cards in tandem with this is going to make actual bossers a big deal.
This was a really dumb change and completely fucks City Square/(and the map with Oak as a boss) boss rush farming. Probably the most brainless farm method you can do and I made tons off invitations and fragments. Really weird market to kill.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
People do that in league too. Maybe less since they can't sit on sales indefinitely, but it does happen. Just one of the many reasons people ask for an AH.
Hey people can do whatever they want woth their items, but what is the point of listing something for WAY less than you actually want? Makes no sense to me.

In other news, I did try and fight sirius and got him to the last phase.....went in blind so I really think I can beat him now that I have a better idea of the fight, the last phase was pretty hectic with less than ideal dps though. The three ring maze got me at the end.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't most specialized invitations drop while doing said specialized content?
Yea you do boss rush to fill up guardians, guardians to fill up invitations, and invitations to fill up sets and writs. That strategy is 100% dead it seems

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea you do boss rush to fill up guardians, guardians to fill up invitations, and invitations to fill up sets and writs. That strategy is 100% dead it seems
Perhaps I missed something? Instead of getting approximately 0.7 invitations per guardian set, you're now getting 1.
Hey people can do whatever they want woth their items, but what is the point of listing something for WAY less than you actually want? Makes no sense to me.

In other news, I did try and fight sirius and got him to the last phase.....went in blind so I really think I can beat him now that I have a better idea of the fight, the last phase was pretty hectic with less than ideal dps though. The three ring maze got me at the end.
It's a common tactic to use demand to infer underpriced items. I throw stuff blind into a rotating set of stash tabs. If an item gets immediate response, it gets taken out and price checked. My rotation starts at 1 div and cycles down. Who knows, standard's weird.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Perhaps I missed something? Instead of getting approximately 0.7 invitations per guardian set, you're now getting 1.

It's a common tactic to use demand to infer underpriced items. I throw stuff blind into a rotating set of stash tabs. If an item gets immediate response, it gets taken out and price checked. My rotation starts at 1 div and cycles down. Who knows, standard's weird.
Eh its just the 2 month listing that made me mad, probably just gonna try and down Sirius and then take a break until the league starts, I still have a ton to learn but I feel like I at least have enough knowledge to get comfortably back to where I am now. (Mostly thanks to this forum).

Still want to try my hand at crafting as well but I think it is a little beyond my capabilities, plus with the amount of RNG involved especially with essence spamming I probably don't have the currency. (Not that essences are a true crafting experience either, but its baby steps for me)

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I misread it. I thought invitations no longer drop. Invitations (elder/guardian) along with writs were a big source of income for that strat. It might still be worth it for just selling the maps but on first glance it sounds bad.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I misread it. I thought invitations no longer drop. Invitations (elder/guardian) along with writs were a big source of income for that strat. It might still be worth it for just selling the maps but on first glance it sounds bad.
They no longer drop, that is correct. You will run the invitation by talking to Kirac after completing the witnessing for a specific invitation.

I'm not sure it's fair to count invitations and writs as part of that farming strategy. The only way you're getting writs is by running the invitations, so you can't sell both. You could sell the expensive invitations and run the worthless invitations, but I think there's a reason those invitations were worthless.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The Maven, in general, just sucks.

It's technically faster to farm writs than Eldritch invitations but it's about 100000x more annoying.

This change will reduce that to 1000x more annoying.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Nothing the Maven does is more annoying to me than THE FIRES OF A THOUSAND SUNS, surviving, getting 0.5 seconds of uptime and then THE FIRES OF A THOUSAND SUNS.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
1. Shaper/elder/guardian invitation rushing: Like deathwing said your sustain basically went from 0.7 to 1 so it's not a big change. My guess is maven writs/fragments will go down in price and/or the maps will go up in price to compensate making it about as good.
2. Rushing normal city square/mesa with eater/exarch: Haven't ever really done this but my assumption is the invitations were a big part of the drops. I'd think this strat would become worse cause i doubt the maps would go up enough in price to compensate??

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
Is this change just the invitations such as Guardians and the actual Maven invitation still drops as fragments during those fights? If so I like this change, I would sometimes farm guardians(about 10 minutes total to clear all 4 guardians and the invitation fight) but the drop rate for the invitation was less than 100% per 4 guardians. Having to buy the invitation always pissed me off because it would eat into my profit for that run.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nothing the Maven does is more annoying to me than THE FIRES OF A THOUSAND SUNS, surviving, getting 0.5 seconds of uptime and then THE FIRES OF A THOUSAND SUNS.

Well, I mean actually farming the invitations, not the fights themselves, but IMO the Maven Memory game is up there in most annoying thing in ARPGs.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
1000hp icicle miner bossers in shambles

Amazing change, make people interact with boss content instead of just sell it all

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And icecle miners die from farts in the wind. They are only good on bosses you can insta phase, with no adds or map runs. Eater, searing, maven, sirus

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I know Penance Brand got all the glory but Storm Brand of Indecision was pretty cracked. If they nerf Penance and Storm Brand slips through that's the easiest league start on the planet.