Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Splitting Steel got clipped by the Sniper's Mark nerf. Probably still fine.
Hexblast Mines is fine with that new mastery. Very weird how they decided to compensate various builds for the LMB change.
I don't see any changes to Boneshatter. I plan on starting as the Slayer version.

Don't know about the others, I haven't league started or played them.

I'm pretty high on the new fortify gloves. I'd wager they can roll up to +10 fortification? That means you can pretty reasonable hit ~35 fort without too much effort in that southwest area of the tree, resulting in some baller attack speed and an eventual corruption for more attack speed/frenzy/crit/whatever.

You obviously lose the strike targets from using rare gloves, but I'm thinking you can cover that with automated warcries now to keep ancestral call spammed?

I may actually try out jugg just for maximum thickness and fort stacking.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Don't forget replica badge for frenzy + endurance stacking with more max fort on top

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm not trying to frenzy stack on a jugg while also giving up rare gloves.

Replica badge could make a pretty thick trickster though with 10 endurance charges, I'm just not sure what you do for damage without being able to use yoke or whatever?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I was speaking more in the general sense of Fort stacking possibilities.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty high on the new fortify gloves. I'd wager they can roll up to +10 fortification? That means you can pretty reasonable hit ~35 fort without too much effort in that southwest area of the tree, resulting in some baller attack speed and an eventual corruption for more attack speed/frenzy/crit/whatever.

You obviously lose the strike targets from using rare gloves, but I'm thinking you can cover that with automated warcries now to keep ancestral call spammed?

I may actually try out jugg just for maximum thickness and fort stacking.
Do you mean extra strike targets for clearing only? As in, you still use the mastery? Then yeah, that could work. Some attack builds were using Ancestral Cry already.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea just for general QoL with boneshatter. Maybe the one mastery strike is enough? But I find that unlikely without being a slayer for their huge AE.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't play boneshatter without ancestral cry or some other form of multiple strikes. Up until a few days ago, I was under the false impression that the pulses could chain if they caused stuns due to a false assumption by ThatsRealNeato.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Welp, looks like EA Ballista for yet another league for me.

Got him to level 98 this league with mostly casual play, surprisingly.

The one issue is that there seems to be a real damage hard-cap that you can't pass even with high investment. I mean, I can do everything up to Uber bosses, and probably Uber bosses with a little patience, but it is for sure a "league starter". But then I run out of steam and don't invest in a second build. I started penance brand but only got it to level 85 and got bored.

I guess I just like interacting with the new league and then moving on to other things.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Chieftain will love those gloves for easy fortify, especially since they often lack attack speed and can get 7link chest Ancestral Cry. Gloves seem pretty nicely tailored to melee Chiefs.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Chieftain will love those gloves for easy fortify, especially since they often lack attack speed and can get 7link chest Ancestral Cry. Gloves seem pretty nicely tailored to melee Chiefs.

I thought that too but my lord are you gonna be lacking damage. The thickness is there for sure, but tawhoa still sucks giant wang, and the 7-link ancestral is what, 5% damage?

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's 10% more and big QoL which is actually nice for a single node, but the problem is Tawhoa is stil underwhelming, ableit nice for clear if you don't go explosions. A lot of builds have 2 nodes in a row that are like "10% more damage and some dumb shit" + "20% more damage". Tawhoa's damage scales down the higher your attack speed so it's meant for slammers and slow strikers, but slammers have been dead and slow strikers outside of the slowbie boneshatter don't really exist.

But yeah the lack of damage isn't anything that Juggs don't also suffer from if not Strength stacking for attack speed. With the new warcry automation triggering all at once it may actually be a Chieftain slammer league which hasn't happened since Ultimatum.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I was just looking at the math on warcry automation and I don't think it works. 200% multiplier makes each warcry cost ~40 mana, so you have to lifetap them if you want it to work at all? Where are those gem sockets coming from? Your totem links? Those aren't really optional, are you giving up leapslam or frost blink then?

The socket pressure and increased mana cost is gonna be a nightmare to try and solve, and if/when you do solve it congrats you're what, a 2m dps melee build?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was just looking at the math on warcry automation and I don't think it works. 200% multiplier makes each warcry cost ~40 mana, so you have to lifetap them if you want it to work at all? Where are those gem sockets coming from? Your totem links? Those aren't really optional, are you giving up leapslam or frost blink then?

The socket pressure and increased mana cost is gonna be a nightmare to try and solve, and if/when you do solve it congrats you're what, a 2m dps melee build?
Level 90 Boneshatter of Complex Trauma Slayer [3.23] This is what I came up with. 23 gems atm, not counting anything for warcries. I could lose one of the support off Leap Slam. What am I missing that you have?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well, slams don't translate very well in PoE Ninja because of exertion and shit. So the people listed as 1-2m are probably closer to like 10-20m. Or more, it's been a while.

Socket pressure is hitting everyone, but a 2hander class has the least amount. Sometimes you get a 2nd 6 link you can do all sorts of QoL shit in like lifetap/CWDT shit and whatnot. A lot of people are going through herculean efforts to fit in 1-2 more auras that give them like 18% more DPS total whereas they could just say fuck it and throw in a lifetap CTA and their damage goes down 20% and their gameplay experience goes up 2000%.

It's like summoners. Yeah, not LMB convocation/bone armour is annoying, but man, any real summoner not following a shit Ghazzy guide or something had 5-8 auras. We don't NEED that. You can easily drop 2-3 auras and throw in convocation/moltenshell/automation +/- lifetap. I like specialty crafting shit for 8% minion dps and it meant I had to jump through so many hoops. It's just some min/max idea people have to get over. I can't tell you how many 20 divine items these guides have for something like a <5% dps upgrade which also makes your entire gearset a house of cards.

Slam boys need totems, defense auras, warcries, movement, and attack. That's like 3-4, 3-4, 3-4, 2-3, and 6 links. That's 17-21 links of a possible 24 links. And that's me including a lifetap/CTA/Warcry1/Warcry2 loop.

Still room for shit like Arctic Armour/Tempest Shield/whatever the fuck.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Level 90 Boneshatter of Complex Trauma Slayer [3.23] This is what I came up with. 23 gems atm, not counting anything for warcries. I could lose one of the support off Leap Slam. What am I missing that you have?

Ancestral protector and multitotem support.

A single warchief is giving up a metric ton of attack speed compared to the multitotem setups.

You also need to lifetap the warcry or get twice as much unreserved mana cause it costs ~38 with the new support.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Never tried that momentum tech. Seems like a luxury?

Maybe try and converge some shit in your weapon 6 link for similar supports like lifetap/culling strike/faster attacks or whatever. Like movement tech + totem tech. May free up another slot if you can get a shared support between the two groups of links.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ancestral protector and multitotem support.

A single warchief is giving up a metric ton of attack speed compared to the multitotem setups.

You also need to lifetap the warcry or get twice as much unreserved mana cause it costs ~38 with the new support.
He doesn't want attack speed with complex trauma as he wants to be in a certain attack speed range. He doesn't want to hit 10 stacks too fast.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is that actually better? I haven't looked at the math on complex so maybe.

But this still comes back to mana cost problems even if you don't want or need the 2nd totem.

Xevy

Log Wizard
He's got - cost crafted on both his rings. So the warcry will be ~28 mana (38 mana + (-5 cost x2)). And one would assume he'd actually roll it to -7 cost x2 so the warcry would cost 24 mana.