<Silver Donator>
Never have you

before in Path of Exile

been able to guarantee Niko

in every map

with 0 investment into outside currency

such as scarabs.
Delve league though

But yeah point is it's entirely free, you just pick the nodes and you get the buff+100% niko(and can get 100% shrines too since it's on the same path) and it just gives you free stats that are quite nice when you have shit gear to get started. Can do other stuff but the fact you don't have to think about it is quite nice.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Never have you

before in Path of Exile

been able to guarantee Niko

in every map

with 0 investment into outside currency

such as scarabs.

This is true for almost every league mechanic on the Atlas. You're not making the point you think you are.

Anyway yes, Packed with Energy is great and combining it with the Azurite chance node was pretty decent passive income on top.

Khane

Question about the "masters" while on the subject, didn't see this mentioned in the notes, may have missed it.

With the removal of the missions is it now possible to get 2 (or more) masters in the same map?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I’m guessing there will be some big brains figuring out best atlas trees for each kinda zone while completing your atlas. Has anyone thought of how they’re gonna do that? Or do the extra atlas trees not unlock until some late point

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yeah, path of pathing website is pretty nice. It's almost overwhelming to try and plan ahead without knowing what every scarab does as well as what the league mechanic (which you can currently modify in Atlas Tree!!!) does specifically.

Watching Lily sift through like 6 hours of "STARTER BUILD 3.24!!!!" videos on youtube and a lot of gamers like Ziz/Gucci/Alk have been in her chat shitting on these videos as well. They're all decrying bonezone as dead but I'm 100% confident they're retarded. Same with SRS guardian. Acting like the fucking Guardian losing 30% of it's RF aura means ANYTHING is braindead. The SRS losing 38% more damage hurts, but you can still hit 5-10 million damage in all res rares with a few good ghastlies.

Bonezone is dead for the type of people that care heavily about their leaguestart or racing for whatever weird reason.

It was the most competitive melee setup, and the warcry change pretty firmly nerfs it and the juice is no longer worth the squeeze.

It'll still be fine if you're a random derp that takes a week to finish their atlas, but if you're looking to do red maps in 8 hours it's pretty dead.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Question about the "masters" while on the subject, didn't see this mentioned in the notes, may have missed it.

With the removal of the missions is it now possible to get 2 (or more) masters in the same map?
I believe they said in the trailer reveal that this is possible

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
As someone whose default atlas is usually Wandering Path + Stream of Consciousness and can go an entire league without using a single sextant or compass a single time (not an exaggeration) I just want to say how happy I am that GGG is letting me guarantee league content on maps at the investment level I'm comfortable with - zero. I'm a little sad I won't be able to

1711305480385.png

anymore but I'm still coming out ahead with the changes.

So what I'm saying is I'm Khane's direct opposite.

Khane

As someone whose default atlas is usually Wandering Path + Stream of Consciousness and can go an entire league without using a single sextant or compass a single time (not an exaggeration) I just want to say how happy I am that GGG is letting me guarantee league content on maps at the investment level I'm comfortable with - zero. I'm a little sad I won't be able to

View attachment 521281

anymore but I'm still coming out ahead with the changes.

So what I'm saying is I'm Khane's direct opposite.

You're not my opposite. That change was the entire point for pretty much every mechanic on the Atlas.

My point was "When everything is affected by that change for the better, why single out a mechanic that was already available for ultra low investment?" I just found it odd to talk about packed with Energy specifically considering it was a 2-3 point investment (5-6 if going for Azurite) with dirt cheap sextant/scarab when other mechanics required far more point investment AND more currency investment.

This change fixes that for everything. It's a good change.

In fact, it seems like a waste of points to invest in delve when that node is still low investment and you can just use the sextant. Atlas points seem much better used elsewhere to guarantee more lucrative mechanics

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You're not my opposite. That change was the entire point for pretty much every mechanic on the Atlas.

My point was "When everything is affected by that change for the better, why single out a mechanic that was already available for ultra low investment?"

But I don't do that. I'm not running a rusted Niko scarab each map or bulk buying Niko sextants. Now I can guarantee Niko! And Huck! GUARANTEE. My options have greatly expanded.

Khane

But I don't do that. I'm not running a rusted Niko scarab each map or bulk buying Niko sextants. Now I can guarantee Niko! And Huck! GUARANTEE. My options have greatly expanded.

Right but for higher Atlas point investment. It's actually higher investment now and has a greater opportunity cost.

• 1Picard

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bonezone is dead for the type of people that care heavily about their leaguestart or racing for whatever weird reason.

It was the most competitive melee setup, and the warcry change pretty firmly nerfs it and the juice is no longer worth the squeeze.

It'll still be fine if you're a random derp that takes a week to finish their atlas, but if you're looking to do red maps in 8 hours it's pretty dead.
The LMB change is stupid but I think it's preventing people from thinking rationally and adapting to it. Ventrua did some testing about a week ago.

He tested boneshatter. Now, Ancestral Cry IS on left click, but he's also on two 4 sockets for chest and weapon. He gets a tabula later, but his weapon is still a 4 socket.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yes boneshatter was definitely good, but people really aren't fully groking how much of a problem the new warcry automation actually is.

At minimum its one extra gem socket if you can somehow make the mana work, or its another lifetap link which is 2 sockets gone.

You have to give up something somewhere, and at that point what are you even doing? Its so much work to still then be playing a super melee, totem-reliant leaguestarter.

Even Carn is off it

Khane

It's the league of Eldritch Battery ronne ronne !!!

I'm not sure I fully understand the mana management nerfs

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Are we discussing league start or a level 100 decked out character? I thought we were discussing the former but the latter is what Carn uses in his video.

My point about the 4 socket weapon was to show that those 1-2 sockets are there if you need it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That's what I'm saying - the sockets aren't there. They cost something from totems/blood rage/molten shell etc. You have to make a concession someplace to fit in the new warcry support + lifetap.

Unless you're implying you can just run a 4link for damage and use the 2 extra sockets for your warcry which is uh, not sustainable to say the least.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's what I'm saying - the sockets aren't there. They cost something from totems/blood rage/molten shell etc. You have to make a concession someplace to fit in the new warcry support + lifetap.

Unless you're implying you can just run a 4link for damage and use the 2 extra sockets for your warcry which is uh, not sustainable to say the least.
So make the concessions. It's certainly not dead and remains competitive as it was Ventrua's best run. I don't know how much the Tabula contributed to that.

He was not using a 4 socket for damage, that was in his chest slot. The point is just to show that his 3.23 run is valid for 3.24 discussion because if he needed to support Ancestral Cry with Call to Arms and Lifetap(likely, he has only 25 unreserved mana), he could do so.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I very much doubt it's still competitive. It's certainly the best melee league start still, but again I ask, why bother? Just jump through a bunch more hopes and give up a totem or bloodrage or something to still have to hit bosses with a stick and deal with damage ramp?

It was already a dubious position if you want a strong league start propped up almost entirely by people wanting to play a 'melee' build, and this just tips the scales ever further in favor of playing anything else.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, that Carn video is like an F1 driver telling you why you should use a manual transmission to drive your kids to school.

Bloodrage is whatever, FROSTBLINK IS UNNECESSARY FOR NON-RACERS, and one of his rings is fake shit and the other, hilariously a Warlord ring, DOES NOT HAVE VULNERABILITY ON HIT?

He's also doing a bunch of butt-tech to get Precise Technique. His neck is a waste of items, arrogance precision is two slots and costs him EHP, and he's got several items doing this that are costing him everywhere else. If he got GOOD rare/influenced neck and ring instead of his gimmick shit he'd be able to stack raw accuracy on them and/or his helmet instead of lightning res and save so much.

Yeah, this is one of those "I played this build 5 leagues and now there's a QoL change that makes in unplayable!!!!!!" posts that should, largely, be disregarded. Please see all of 3.15 patch reactions for further examples.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why do you doubt competitiveness despite Ventrua's results?

As for why bother: I think that's a different discussion. I fully agree that it's demoralizing for them to make short-sighted changes that disproportionately affect different build archetypes. One of those, melee, already being in a rough spot. I don't blame anyone not wanting to put up with all the bullshit that comes with melee in 3.23, let alone 3.24.

• 1Like