Path of Exile

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm not that good obviously. Watch a streamer and seems like 20 minutes into the game they have a build going where they are running through shit shooting shit everywhere. I'm not good.

This ties into streamers ruining games videos popping up lately. Basically streamers that no life certain games have completely different experiences, and someone trying to play the first time expecting one thing gets another, gets frustrated, and quits.

I skipped league start as this league doesn't overly interest me, but if someone quits, can I please call dibs on your gear for the league so I can level up whatever you were playing (so long as its not mines) and do a few things for challenge completion?

Thanks

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I think particpation in this league is down. I peeked in the guild stash and seems like a couple of years ago the first few days had several tabs of "stuff". Only 1/2 a tab so far. I'm just putting along trying to figure out the league as I go.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Haven't even looked in the guild stash, trying to at least make it to maps without help, though a vaal LS would be clutch since I just hit level 40 lol

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Sorry 2 ppl didnt respond and 1 must have disconnected, but I finished my first lab and had to get off.

As I was following Duckzys passives I realize it was a non-crit build so I will probably end up respeccing later on.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, is it just me or is this league just kind of boring. Crafting leagues are usually slower, and after the last league, this one is just a bit of a fart in the wind.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, is it just me or is this league just kind of boring. Crafting leagues are usually slower, and after the last league, this one is just a bit of a fart in the wind.

I think everyone saw this coming. Is why I didnt bother. I wanna get challenges, but I have no plans to start until later and bum stuff off people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

When you compare the graveyard crafting to Essence, Harvest, Expedition or Delve it's just too many fucking clicks and takes too much time to interact with. By being annoying to interact with I'm not all that interested in exploring that part of the league and would rather wait until someone else figures it out. How many corpses makes sense to use? How do I value these different ratings? What are the bread and butter combines? Don't care not interested. This could be way cleaner, faster and have better clarity. The general activity reminds me of Archnemesis but that ended in cool 'splosions instead of a parade of mediocre rare items.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Pretty much why I crafted one item and have just been letting it ride each zone. That said, I'm sure some ppl have already gotten some crazy good gear but whatever, am still pretty clueless overall with this game.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm actually annoyed that they added QOL to the morgue being full because now it means I can't click that fucking corpse icon off my screen.

This league, so far, feels like a bit of map juice and that's it. The opportunity cost involved with the morgue crafting makes it feelsbadman. My opinion on that part might be shit though, I don't like most of PoE's "crafting".

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I *think* they intended for people to use many dozens of corpses per craft - it's why the graveyard itself is so fucking huge. They expected people to have a few different projects going at once, slowly feeding more appropriate corpses in to various plots as you acquire them and your morgue fills up.

The issue is though the corpses themselves are all nearly worthless. 100% increased chance of rolling a life mod is statistically nothing, so much nothing I'm dubious as to why it even exists. A single fossil typically is a 10x weighting modifier on its related mods, so depending on the corpses you get you need many, many corpses combined to what, equal a single fossil roll?

So the only way the graveyard makes any sense given the low weighting on corpse mods is to assemble relatively few but very large and complex attempts at items, but even that barely makes sense given you see what, like average one corpse per map? People will have their entire atlas done before they see this mechanic create them a single useful item.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If they expected us to use the graveyard as a place where we're working on several projects at once each incrementally as corpses come in rather than 5-12 or something click combine they didn't convey that at all through design.

1711861142852.png

There, five distinct projects. You drag and drop corpses on to each plot and then when you mouse over the gravestone there's a tooltip on the right that has the totality of the modifiers on it. Color coded, easy sorting, etc. If i want to toss all the +attack modifers on to a craft it should take me no time at all to click click and push combine with a skippable animation and voice line.

The way they have it set up it reminds me of Archnemesis where you're collecting a resource from your kills and doing combines for stuff but that felt good pretty much right away provided you didn't make something impossible. Build Your Own Loot Explosion was just fine. What they have now is a system where you're fucking around with a variable 64 slot resonator with fossils all diced up in to tiers of themselves plus there's more clicking plus there's an unskippable animation. It's Build Your Own Really Shitty Resonator. That's way, way less cool than Build Your Own Loot Explosion.

If the gravedigger gave you one or two fossils per map and a one socket resonator every other map and they just all had different gravediggery names at least it wouldn't feel like a complete waste of time.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They could have set them up like metamorph organs or expedition currency, so the fact you have to click on the means you aren't supposed to want to take them all

This is immediately evident by the fact that most of the corpses provide modifiers that are entirely useless

elidib

Vyemm Raider
The mechanic is so bad, ive used 30+ corpses at a time all with stuff that is geared toward just making a life/resist piece, and the shit that pops out is worse than just alching a base that you actually want and praying. And yes, all the clicking. 67 morgue limit is cringe too, i get 5-10 corpses a map and if im supposed to "keep a project going" there just isnt enough room to plop down the ones i want and save others for a different project.

All to make useless rares. Yeah the weighting needs to be at least 10x to even THINK about being able to make anything useful.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I played with the crafting to see what it was about. I'm probably done with the league. I'm sure more effort it might get better but it's pretty meh to me.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Ah they will fix it next week. r/POE is full of memes about the league mechanic right now. Pretty sure they went too conservative with the outcome bc they did not want mirror tear gear roll out while they are out on easter holidays or whyever.
Always the same: league mechanic crap/not rewarding - reddit shitstorm - first ggg post - minor fix (or going overboard) - 2nd week fix: everything fine.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well, in the end, since I generally enjoy the game for what it is in general, I guess I am playing to see the base mechanics they changed. I know I have a capable build, so it is basically taking a tour around a town I know where they changed a few streets.

I doubt I will be getting to level 98 this league.