Path of Exile

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The tooltip dps on many skills in PoE (especially AoE skills) is wildly inaccurate. My duelist's whirlwind dps says something insanely low like 400 dps, but mobs in maps die to it in seconds.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
My RoA ranger at lvl 36 at the end of Act 1 has 497 tooltip DPS on RoA, and 650 DPS on my Frenzy attack(before any Frenzy charges) All self-found gear. Easy to do if you just make sure your rings have some straight + damage, your gloves have + damage or + attack speed, or both, and I haven't even found an added fire damage gem yet, I'm slumming it with added lightning damage and faster projectiles 3-linked with both RoA and Frenzy. Thats pretty much going straight survivibility nodes in the Ranger area since I'm in Nemesis

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Yeah I'm done with this I think. Hit 70+, doing an easy map, leap slam into a pack on an elemental weakness map and literally die instantly. Same pack of mobs I had killed ten of already without my health moving. I dunno if it was desync or not but having no chance to react and croaking with 5500 health and max resists is bullshit.

Desync is the stupidest fucking design mechanic I have ever encountered. If LOL and other competitive games don't need it why does this one? I've read their justifications and they seem ridiculous.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I'm done with this I think. Hit 70+, doing an easy map, leap slam into a pack on an elemental weakness map and literally die instantly. Same pack of mobs I had killed ten of already without my health moving. I dunno if it was desync or not but having no chance to react and croaking with 5500 health and max resists is bullshit.

Desync is the stupidest fucking design mechanic I have ever encountered. If LOL and other competitive games don't need it why does this one? I've read their justifications and they seem ridiculous.
This is exactly the reason why I posted that video by Kripp a few pages back about how you WILL die in Nemsis. Becoming complacent once you feel you've gotten to the top is one of the fastest ways to die. Multiple people in their 80's died to a crazy combination of rares, map mods, and even a dose of untimely lag.

I've done it a few times to.always a good time to take a break.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Sure, the +damage on rings is huge at lowlvl, but my dps barely went up after that point because I was only taking survivability passives and in the later acts I had to run rings that were weighted towards resists.

Anyway, started maps today and upgraded my bow, really liking RoA.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it is bizarre and a pretty serious failure, not only to design a game with so much lag but to then claim that it's intended and not going to change. It's not merely desyncing, there's also constant niggling mini-spikes that are especially noticeable when selling things or moving items to/from the stash as they'll stick on the cursor or fail to move when clicked on. I'm not sure if everybody has this, but it's definitely there on the EU servers and is something a lot of people had issues with when I started a post about it some months back before quitting. This game has byfarthe worst connectivity quality of any serious, online-only game I've ever played, and worse than most shitty freeware titles and even some private emulated WoW/EQ servers as well.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Started playing again with my brother on Dominion -- we've never made it to maps and want to practice in SC before the new HC league comes out.

Anyone have any free loots for us? I'm playing a EK Scion and hes playing a GS Marauder. IGN: Kotlrab

Banezilla

Molten Core Raider
Is the rerolled guild still active on this game? If so send me an invite ign: Baynzilla

I'm running Nemesis maps on my Summoner and wouldn't mind someone tagging along.

Krag

Peasant
Started playing again with my brother on Dominion -- we've never made it to maps and want to practice in SC before the new HC league comes out.

Anyone have any free loots for us? I'm playing a EK Scion and hes playing a GS Marauder. IGN: Kotlrab
I haven't played much lately and I'm probably not going to until the next leagues start, so you guys can have all my currency stuff (and whatever of my crap gear you'd be interested in) if you post/pm me a time when you think you'll be on.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Did the one week again. Shield apparently makes you unkillable. Donking around the mid 70s now if anyone wants to do shit.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played a character up to lvl 30ish, picking up and vendoring pretty much every magic and rare item that dropped, scrounging and saving and learning the exchange rates of umpteen currency items, and finally got me a really solid weapon that's going to last (from what I hear, iirc) ~15-20 levels. Finished normal difficulty, started the next difficulty (I wanna say nightmare, but I know that's not right...), and a random mob on the beach dropped the first unique that I had seen drop in the game! It was the exact same unique weapon I had just bought ~4 hours prior.

Yeah, random loot drops were interesting back in D2, but that was a long time ago.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Short term economies are awesome. The one weeks and the start of the leagues are amazing because there's a self-found aspect and it actually brings back the EC tunnel days because trading is actually a social endeavor. I thoroughly enjoy it.

Established leagues it is terrible. Nothing is worth anything but the absolute best, and it's all extraordinarily expensive. My current character is like 65 hours old and I've made like 7 exalts already. People complaining about currency don't make much sense to me. I like the game because A) it's permadeath, B) the map system entices you to push your limits and rewards you for doing so, and C) there is very much a tinkering min/maxer's dream in here if you learn the system. I think it's a great game, if it wasn't for desync.

My gear consists of: An amulet that dropped at level 35 that I then regaled and am still wearing at 76, a BP I bought for all my currency last night, a weapon that dropped for me at level 59 and is still great at 76, two rings I crafted myself, and then the rest of my gear is stuff to fill out gaps. This is not path of the auctionhouse.

There's a steep learning curve but once you understand the systems there's a wide variety of ways to gear yourself up. Just playing and hoping something perfect drops is not an efficient way to play, you have to know what to gamble on and what is worthless.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Starting when the new league does will help a lot also. I think it begins in March and youll want to go in ready with a build. I haven't had a problem gearing any one of the toons ive played. You generally accumulate plenty of currency by the time you start maps when gear is going to matter. Also playing with friends helps A LOT obviously, I made a small 15 person guild with my buddies last one and we bought a guild tab. We all recycled gear and passed it on to each other. You'll get a bunch of junk legendaries which are really OP for leveling or for some builds which help push you through a lot of the middle tier levels.

I'm going to start the new Domination with a blender duelist this time around personally.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I definitely want to join a guild for the new hardcore season. If anyone is doing the domination race next week I am down for that too. I want to do some sort of staff templar build.

Musketoon_sl

shitlord
POE trading
rrr_img_59574.jpg