Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Don't install 1.06. There's a bug that corrupts your save files and reverting to 1.05 can't salvage them.

Edit: issue resolved as of 10/08/2018. Make sure to use the newest updates for your game.

Last edited:

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The game is unplayable in its current state.

Once I figured out I wasn't going to be able to complete it due to the fuckton of bugs it has, I decided to edit my savegame, putting every stat on my lvl 1 fighter at 50.

A few loads and reloads after, I met an enemy that 2 shot me. I reloaded several times, and he kept 2 shotting me.

After a bit of reading it turns out the +stat buff which is reapplied to player characters on every load, is also applied to NPCs.

Glad I didn't invest time in that save, because 30 reloads giving a random NPC +30 to hit and +30 to damage isn't really something players can deal with.

Of course I'm going to keep playing it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
They just released a 3.4 gb patch.

Started game twice, no sound.

Promising.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Originally posted by Fasolka:
Dear community!
An update to the hotfix 1.0.6 will go live soon. This particular one fixes the "endlessly stacking non-specific item bonuses" problem. Bonuses should stop stacking, although your characters stats, if already affected by this bug, won't return to their normal values right now.
Next update will arrive today (right now, unfortunately, I can not give more accurate estimates). That one will return affected character's stats to their normal values.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so this is an honest to goodness question. a lot of people seem to hyperbolize and say the game's completely and utterly unplayable because of bugs. i've only run into a single bug, that would crash to the main menu after entering a map and saving. but, it's would crash AFTER saving, so it just added an extra minute or so of loading. other than that it's been pretty stable for me.

part of the problem seems to be that they are putting out regular hotfixes. i mean the game has been out, what, 2 weeks and they've had 6 or 7 patches already? it's clear that as developers they want the community to know that they are committed to addressing issues quickly, but without any kind of real testing phase, fixing one issue creates another.

so here's my question. would you rather a game have frequent small patches and hotfixes (at the risk of causing more bugs) or a game where the developers have more infrequent, larger patches that address multiple issues at once (and have gone through the internal testing to reduce possibilities of creating unrelated bugs)?

i mean on one hand i completely understand how irritating it is when every other day you have a new set of problems, but the flip side is that bugs sit around for months before they get addressed.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
The project ran out of funds, and they were forced to launch an incomplete product.

My hope is that this game makes enough money to allow the team to iron out all the problems with the core game. Get all the serious problems out in this one, so that they can release future Adventure Paths without these bugs.

The game is fun as hell. The developers need money and time to deliver the rest.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
so this is an honest to goodness question. a lot of people seem to hyperbolize and say the game's completely and utterly unplayable because of bugs. i've only run into a single bug, that would crash to the main menu after entering a map and saving. but, it's would crash AFTER saving, so it just added an extra minute or so of loading. other than that it's been pretty stable for me.

Its not hyperbole.

People are getting stuck after 50 hours in.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I guess the real late game stuff is super busted. I've had minimal problems through level 9 stuff though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you aren't seeing bugs in the game, you just aren't paying attention.

Also, don't bother trying to play it further until both patches planned for today have been released.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Even tho this isn't an MMO, this is reminding me of early EverQuest. So much promise but so many problems.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'm taking a break until they fix some stuff. I was thinking about getting a refund but I think there is a good base to get started on for more Pathfinder games made on the engine.

One thing I read on the kingmaker subreddit is that the way the game is coded, it's not easy to just mod it. There aren't folders or subdirectories where you can just add spells, feats, skills, etc. Like you would in a game that's easy to mod. For content you need to use an injection DLL wrapper or something like that.

At the very worst, we will have another Temple of Elemental Evil game where there's enough patches from devs and fans to make it an enjoyable, bug free experience.

(I actually went out in the garage and got my TOEE discs out since Kingmaker gave me the itch, but isn't in any shape to satisfy right now).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Despite all the flaws of this game, I still love it. I truly hope that luke-warm reception doesn't sink this franchise. It has so much potential.

*Edit* The constant loading screens can suck a ICBM-sized dick, though.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users