Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had to make my Kingdom management automatic so that it wouldn't fail because despite killing the Troll leader (king?), the attacks keep happening until you 'beat' the card event. Well, my adviser failed the roll repeatedly and my kingdom failed because of it. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it. It was literally a series of dice rolls to determine if I was allowed to continue playing. That shit is AIDs. Fortunately, I had a save prior to my kingdom getting wrecked by the troll events.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I had to make my Kingdom management automatic so that it wouldn't fail because despite killing the Troll leader (king?), the attacks keep happening until you 'beat' the card event. Well, my adviser failed the roll repeatedly and my kingdom failed because of it. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it. It was literally a series of dice rolls to determine if I was allowed to continue playing. That shit is AIDs. Fortunately, I had a save prior to my kingdom getting wrecked by the troll events.

I might be scummy about that too. Just save a lot, and if they fail shit like that reload the save till they pass. Easiest by using quick save, f5 to save, f8 to load that save

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I just got back and killed off the Stag Lord. Cleared out his fort but Regongar died and I figured I'd res him at the Cleric because I didn't have any scrolls on me at the time. Didn't realize that you had to physically pick up his body and now the Stag Lord fort is gone and... uh lol.

Sorry Regongar, I hardly knew ye!

Why does a res cost 6k btw? Fuck it I am recruiting a merc sorcerer.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
lol whoops.

i tried a magus, and i tried regongar... they just require SO MUCH micromanagement to not get themselves killed every fight...

the conversion from pnp to pc made magus as hard to work as it made bow rogues easy. ranged sneak attack are a pain in the butt to get to work reliably on paper but good lord, on pc they happen all the time

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
lol whoops.

i tried a magus, and i tried regongar... they just require SO MUCH micromanagement to not get themselves killed every fight...

the conversion from pnp to pc made magus as hard to work as it made bow rogues easy. ranged sneak attack are a pain in the butt to get to work reliably on paper but good lord, on pc they happen all the time

Yeah, I don't think the strategy of going all in for a huge burst attack works well in the pause/go style of isometric RPG. I am finding myself quite irritated at how the flow of the game is with this game using both old fashioned rules to a degree and the pause/go gameplay style.

It feels much more natural when this is turn based. BGII and POE had it better when they used pause go. You have to omit certain things for the flow of the game to be reasonable in this style.

I am going to roll with Harrim, Linzi, Armored Hulk Barbarian, Amiri, Merc Sorcerer (possibly Dragon Disciple) and maybe one other maybe not.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'm not playing with any summons, i'm playing on a custom difficulty that skewed to have closer to standard enemies, none of these wolves with 23 AC nonsense the regular difficulty was throwing at me... but i've found that 3 melee and 3 ranged do pretty well. less than 3 melee and your frontline starts getting swarmed and flanked by everything, and anything more and they start stepping on each other's feet.

i have a ranged rogue that just sneak attacks everything (elf for composite longbow) and then two magic classes that suck at basic damage, but will heal or cc or whatever if i need them to

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Mods :: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

images.jpeg

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So my second group is almost caught up to my first. Running the tank rogue build, Valerie, amiri, cleric, sorc, wizard. It has been going pretty well, I just dumpster everything pretty much. Having pure casters is significant because spell levels. There wizard having the stun spell at level 7 just slaughters the troll King. Lead with that then kill him before he starts doing things again. Sorc is focused on summons and just has spells for days.

I think I'm going to switch out amiri though, she just takes too much damage. Going to try ekun first but might just make a bow fighter.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So my second group is almost caught up to my first. Running the tank rogue build, Valerie, amiri, cleric, sorc, wizard. It has been going pretty well, I just dumpster everything pretty much. Having pure casters is significant because spell levels. There wizard having the stun spell at level 7 just slaughters the troll King. Lead with that then kill him before he starts doing things again. Sorc is focused on summons and just has spells for days.

I think I'm going to switch out amiri though, she just takes too much damage. Going to try ekun first but might just make a bow fighter.
So I made that swap and put in Ekun, it's just roflstomp city.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Except 3 Giant Enraged Owlbears that have +28 to hit, those mowed me down in like 2 attacks. Fights that are so massively out of place give me a good chuckle, I'm glad I save a lot.

• 1Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Love the game but holy fuck it has some bugs. Had a CTD issue yesterday trying to zone into Hunting Grounds. Finally ended up going somewhere else and doing a side quest then came back and everything was fine. I've still had a couple of occasions where the plotline has obviously glitched and resulted in NPCs talking about events that never actually happened.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've been away from this for a few days playing Forza, but I see that the 1.06 patch completely broke the game. Every time you reload a save all your items with magical effects reapply those effects and they stack up infinitely. Nice QA they got there.

They're also talking about a major patch coming around 10/22 so perhaps it's best to just shelve the game entirely until they get their shit together.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They're also talking about a major patch coming around 10/22 so perhaps it's best to just shelve the game entirely until they get their shit together.

this is where i'm at, I made it to the stag lord but i'm done until 1.1 (assuming they don't break the game more)

i'll start over and buy up a completely custom team at lvl 1 (or hopefully in the update they just let you customize the npcs so you can keep them for their story)

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Loving this game so far. Only big issue is the front-loaded difficulty because the pregen characters kinda suck. I kicked them all but Linsy.

Already been said, but pets are awesome. Have a Cleric and Sorcerer with the permanent pet abilities. Took a Wolf and Bear have nearly the HP of same level Fighters and you can scout the map quickly with them looking for traps. Also run pets in first to absorb poison or other nasty abilities. Oh yeah tried the Mammoth for a bit but the stomping noise is awful.

BTW man this game looks good. Just random grassy areas look great. The spell particle effects and lighting are awesome. It also runs like a dream at Ultrawide res. Possibly the best looking isometric RPG ever?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Linzy is one of the worst, I only keep her around because I feel like the game REALLY wants you to. Maybe she'll eventually be good as an EK, but I have doubts. The elf cleric and the wiz/rog (turn into arcane trickster at rog1/wiz4) are about as good as anything you'll make with a custom. I don't use him, but iirc Ekunwhatever has way more stats than he should so if you want a bow character you should probably pick him. Hirelings only get a 20 point buy so they aren't exactly ideal. Companions aren't consistent at all, range seems to be 20-ish to 30+.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
this is where i'm at, I made it to the stag lord but i'm done until 1.1 (assuming they don't break the game more)

i'll start over and buy up a completely custom team at lvl 1 (or hopefully in the update they just let you customize the npcs so you can keep them for their story)

This is my biggest gripe. For a game about party chemistry the beginner parties are complete dogshit and gimp you hardcore. This needs to be fixed. Take a lesson from Planescape and Baldur's Gate where you are either tapered in difficulty or you have enough diverse party member options that you can form a strong party no matter what class you chose.

• 1Like