Pathfinder - Pen and Paper RPG Books

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thanks ! I'm really getting into it (and my brother-in-law along with me). Having my wife play, but not sure she'll like it. We might have to find a group to play with and I definitely wouldn't DM until I've done a ton of games by ourselves.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Having my wife play, but not sure she'll like it.
TrainWreck1.gif

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Arguably the most important class, have her play a tiefling monk with succubi flavor. Noobs are great at roleplaying a seductress, and it adds all kinds of interesting events.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
She's played RPG video games and was an avid WoW player, she's just never done the pen and paper thing

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In a weird twist my wife wanted to GM. She actually did a really good job and got into it.

Only problem is she was laying on the hints pretty heavily.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Use to being hand held through PC RPG's.
smile.png
I think she didn't want us to miss what she thought were cool things.

For instance at one point there's a little pillar with 4 symbols on it. I was able to read the runes or whatever they were and translate it to "water", one on each side. I tried a few different things, like touching them, all of us touching them, etc. I didn't know I had to touch them singularly in order. She kept going "ar eyou sure there isn't something else you could do?" until I just kept saying a million things and figured it out on accident.

Truthfully she should have just let us walk by it, but because she was hinting so heavily we stayed there for a long time.

Grimsark

I think she didn't want us to miss what she thought were cool things.

For instance at one point there's a little pillar with 4 symbols on it. I was able to read the runes or whatever they were and translate it to "water", one on each side. I tried a few different things, like touching them, all of us touching them, etc. I didn't know I had to touch them singularly in order. She kept going "ar eyou sure there isn't something else you could do?" until I just kept saying a million things and figured it out on accident.

Truthfully she should have just let us walk by it, but because she was hinting so heavily we stayed there for a long time.
I remember once, I had designed this entire elaborate Medusa's dungeon, full of Grimlocks(3.5ed). I had this massive end battle planed where the Medusa would stick and move around her lair and likely turn at least one player to stone (forcing the party to find a way to reverse it), etc... Only to have the very first two rounds of attacks, do so well against her (I think no one even missed and two of the attacks were critical hits x3), that she was slaughtered before her first actual offensive action was rolled.

It reinforced to me the idea that I should NEVER invest to heavily in the flow of events I expect, as dumb luck could make or break anything in a pen and paper game.
Such as life.
wink.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I remember once, I had designed this entire elaborate Medusa's dungeon, full of Grimlocks(3.5ed). I had this massive end battle planed where the Medusa would stick and move around her lair and likely turn at least one player to stone (forcing the party to find a way to reverse it), etc... Only to have the very first two rounds of attacks, do so well against her (I think no one even missed and two of the attacks were critical hits x3), that she was slaughtered before her first actual offensive action was rolled.

It reinforced to me the idea that I should NEVER invest to heavily in the flow of events I expect, as dumb luck could make or break anything in a pen and paper game.
Such as life.
wink.png
Maybe not, but if it had worked out it would have been awesome. I just wish she wasn't so heavy handed with it.

Even when we got to the dragon boss I had an item that nullified some damage and she said something like "Don't forget to check your inventory *glaring specifically at me*"

Grimsark

Maybe not, but if it had worked out it would have been awesome. I just wish she wasn't so heavy handed with it.

Even when we got to the dragon boss I had an item that nullified some damage and she said something like "Don't forget to check your inventory *glaring specifically at me*"
lol...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Everyone loved the game enough that we're starting some campaigns.

My wife loved DM'ing and wants to continue. Right now I have the core rule book, the GM book, and some reference app on our tablet.

What's a good campaign to start for 4 new PC's + my wife as a new DM?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Everyone loved the game enough that we're starting some campaigns.

My wife loved DM'ing and wants to continue. Right now I have the core rule book, the GM book, and some reference app on our tablet.

What's a good campaign to start for 4 new PC's + my wife as a new DM?
Reign of Winter the cold weather adds some interesting gameplay or skulls and shackles if everyone likes pirates. That said I recommend modules/1 offs, like Crypt of the everflame, running full adventure campaigns is a lot of work, more so for new people and double so for GMs.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Had our first session last night with the full group.

It was actually sort of amazing. My wife decided to make her own dungeon rather than an adventure path/module. I provided her some we could try, but she was stubborn. I wish I took a picture of the dungeon she created (maybe I will next week) because it was awesome! Very detailed and humongous with lots of color - I told her it looked like she had been DM'ing her whole life.

She did read a DM book, so I don't know exactly what she was able to pull from there, but basically we were wandering through the woods when someone flagged us down for help. Some village children were kidnapped and she followed them to this cave but feared going inside. Fought a lot of goblins, rats, some wolves, and we only made it about 30% through the map.

We have a Paladin (me), Cleric, Ranger, Barbarian, Rogue, Sorceror - probably too many people, but everyone wanted to join. We were definitely crazy OP with what she threw at us so I told her she could amp up the amount of monsters for next time if she wanted. With my AC at 20 barely any monsters were able to hit me.

Fun! First time I've ever played a serious game of pen and paper RPG. We made a ton of mistakes on rules, so we'll be updating that for next time.

Additionally if anyone wants it, I used this interactive character sheet:
Automated Pathfinder Sheet v4.2 - Google Sheets

You just have to copy it to your google drive, cant edit that one. Let's you pick a drop-down for class and fills in most information.