Pathfinder - Pen and Paper RPG Books

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I must have spent $60-$70 by the time I was done buying the different modules. Kind of expensive, but it really has made making a character a no brainer. I would have missed half the stuff I was supposed to include if not for it, since I'm new to Pathfinder.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Dont you have to pay that yearly to keep using it all? Ive thought about getting it but dont wanna pay 100 bucks a year for something I wouldnt use that often.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
It's a one time payment for lifetime subscription. Problem is, they keep adding in new packages (because D&D always changes) and the packages can range anywhere from $4 to $20 depending on the size or importance of it. For instance, the APG (Advanced Player's Guide) and Core manual are very expensive compared to the other packages which can be Ultimate Armory, Adventure Paths, etc.

Herolab, IMHO, is the best thing I've gotten for RPGs because it takes the mass amount of time consumption that is done researching through the rule books.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Dispite being an amazing tool the modules being extra is just a huge money grab and really turned me off to it.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Mentioned this to a couple of my players already, but, I plan on GMing Rappun Athuk -- a very famous and epic dungeon crawl that reaches epic levels -- after we complete Carrion Crown. Hopefully there will be interest in that later down the road. :]

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I haven't done epic level pen and paper since early third edition, so I am down.

A whole city battled a dragon with acid breath attack, we lost
frown.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My character is going to be absolutely retardedly strong at level 20 and multiple mythic levels, so I can't wait to see what a dungeon for 6 of us like that is going to look like.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
My character is going to be absolutely retardedly strong at level 20 and multiple mythic levels, so I can't wait to see what a dungeon for 6 of us like that is going to look like.
Everyone gets a ton of attacks per round(Like 14), it can get pretty crazy trying to resolve damage.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
God if I had known this was going to be such a fucking munchkin fest I would have joined in when you were still forming it.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Depending on how many people join next campaign, we might (most likely will) have openings. I bought Rappun Athuk and jesus christ, the final boss is NUTS. It's a campaign that actually requires greater than 6 players which just indicates how crazy it is.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
If enough interest, I can actually go ahead and start Rappun Athuk concurrently. Vvoid is interested. One (maybe two, if Hatorade is interested) of the other players may be interested. The dungeon requires 6 players. Would do Tuesday / Wednesday (maybe both days?).

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Most weeknights in the summer is family time so I couldn't do a weekly schedule of 2+ nights a week, once daughter is back in school I can do more days post 8:30PM CST.

Somewhat related I am hosting/DM a custom 1 off campaign of pathfinder next Friday night but making it a drinking game. Here is what I have so far:

You drink!
Roll a natural one
Enemy crits you
Fail a saving throw(see DM)
Fail a skill check(see DM)
Quaff a potion of any kind.
Resurrected

Others drink!
you make anyone drink.(only once per round)

Kill an NPC, you make anyone drink.(only once per round no matter how many you kill)
You crit!(includes skill checks)
You are buffed to include healing spells(at buffers discretion)

Everyone Drinks!
Party member goes unconscious
Party member dies
Trap is triggered

How to win
Complete the campaign
DM passes out

Campaign is going to start in a bunker with war raging, small social interaction to get the aid(or not) of NPCs preparing to fight. They will start at level 8ish, and have to push through a raging scene of chaos to 3 objectives, some custom rules will include every major objective complete will revive and fully recover everyone even if just one person makes through. I plan to beat the shit out of them. Very open to suggestions.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We always drank beer and either Yager or some kind of cheap whiskey . Be ready for your group to be sending you shots lol.

Grimsark

I apologize if this has been asked already, but can someone intimately familiar with Roll20 tell me what I can expect to get for a subscription? I see that there are many differences between the three tiers, but I'd like it if someone could spell it out in a practical use case. Has having one tier over another made any significant difference in your experience with the tool?

With D&D Next filtering into the economy of active campaigns, I am looking to re-initiate myself with an active group, or create one.
Perhaps even one here.
wink.png

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I will say tokens and art in general is what really slowed down my campaign creation, the 100.00 a year comes with free tokens/art so that may be worth it. I spent a lot of time finding art that I could make into token etc.

Grimsark

I will say tokens and art in general is what really slowed down my campaign creation, the 100.00 a year comes with free tokens/art so that may be worth it. I spent a lot of time finding art that I could make into token etc.
Thanks. I am gonna have to think about this...

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Stated up wrath of the righteous, part 1 down. Part 2 includes mass combat, should be fun but a little worried due to people not getting to play their characters until after the fights etc.