Peaky Blinders

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
yeah all the aristocracy stuff was pretty indecipherable to me as a bloody yank. "who gives a fuck what these faggots say and think, pull your gun out and kill em"

also the actor who played the Boston guy, who is supposed to be JFK Jr's dad who was a notorious gangster type guy and closely aligned with the mafia, had the worst American accent I've ever heard. Jeez British cinema, get your shit together. They even had the guy who played Al Capone on Boardwalk Empire as a cast member, and he has a fucking fantastic American accent.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
First four episodes of this season were a snooze fest. I care so little about the political stuff, and they made the second best character (Arthur) a useless husk of a man. Last two episodes were pretty great though. Glad I stuck it out

This was my take on it as well. I disliked how lazy most of the writing was this last season. They make the bad guys as stereo typically repugnant as possible, so it's an easy out - complete fascists, racists, etc. - no grey areas. Unlike our protagonist, who it turns out wants to help the underprivileged, while at the same time is trying to sell heroin to those same people? The whole end where he blows up his home to make room for housing for the poor is just pure liberal circlejerk wishful thinking.

Arthur, one of my favorite characters, was reduced to nothing more than his typical drug-addled, worthless self for almost the entire last run, but his arc in the last episode, during the standoff....that was my favorite moment of the entire season. I loved what he said to the IRA lady at the end. *That* was in character.

Also the girl who was in Queen's Gambit, who I thought was fantastic in that role.....this season she acted so poorly I questioned whether or not they were the same person. Not only the bad dialogue they gave her to work with, but all her mannerisms and facial expressions were so offkey it was startling.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Peaky Blinders Blank Stare GIF
peaky blinders drinking GIF by BBC

Don't know how I missed this gem of a show. First 2 seasons are gold. At s3e1 now, Thomas getting married, holy shit I love it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
One of my all time favorite series.

That being said, season 1 and 2 were the highlights. Goes downhill from there. You can feel the woke agenda start seeping in towards the end. However, Cilian Murphy, Tom Hardy, Helen McCrory, and whoever plays Arthur are top notch actors. Hardy as Alfie Solomons has to be one of my all time favorite characters in any show, even though you can't understand what he's saying half the time. Same with Murphy - Thomas Shelby has to be one of the best protagonists of any show, up there with Walter White in Breaking Bad. Part of the issue also, for me at least, is that Grace is such a great character and foil for Thomas, and it's sad that she isn't in the later seasons. Let's not forget Polly, she was so kick ass. Just another reason the final season was anticlimactic.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The show can definitely be a bit meme-ish, but I absolutely loved the show. We should be getting a Peaky Blinders movie over the next couple of years.

• 2Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
peaky blinders thomas shelby GIF

Gawd damnit, that ending. And polly, didn't know til s6. Fuck. Bit rushed towards then end, but okay. Looking forward to a film.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

The Peaky Blinders actor Paul Anderson has been fined for possession of drugs, including crack cocaine, after being found with that and other substances on Boxing Day.

Anderson, who plays Arthur Shelby in the programme – the hell-raising brother who resorts to drug use – was reportedly said by his lawyer to sometimes slip into character to please fans who recognise him.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
gyotdamb, that dude looks rough

pull your fuckin' pants up, jackass

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user