Peaky Blinders

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Just finished....yeah it was an ok season.

Predictable villains, the same old betrayals.

Not the worst, not the best.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m kind of bummed it didn’t wrap up, I liked that about this show. Six episodes and you got a great wrapped up story. Oh well, broke up the formula I guess. Looking forward to next year. All his suicide scenes are great. Something bad happens and you can just see his suicide gears turning.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Some reason thought this was gonna be the final season but there are 2 more on imdb

spronk

FPS noob
finally got around to watching season 5, not impressed. It felt way too artsy / "look at how cool I look in slow mo MTV video mode" and the plots were pretty banal after a cool setup of Protestant IRA vs Chinese vs Peaky vs fascists vs commies. I wish they had focused more on just one single thing like the opium trade and possible cross atlantic trade than try to do everything and do none of it well. Michael and his American wife sub plot was absolutely awful but seems to be one of the core plots of the next season.

I imagine the next season is gonna bring in Al Capone because of course every gangster show set in this time period has to and the peak of his career was 1925-1931, and the show currently is set in 1930. I really hope they don't. The fascism stuff was sorta interesting but Mosley just came off as a big doofus so it was weird to see our boy Tommy so scared of him. He's a real guy and I guess the events of the show so far track his life, he did indeed fuck his sister in law and mother in law LOL

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This TV show went from very interesting base material with good casting and decent scenario to Sons of Anarchy "hey guys let's retaliate" tier with dumb plots, campy situations and MTV editing. It's enraging when you happen to have such stellar actors like both Cillian Murphy, Sam Neill, Tom Hardy and Aidan Gillen in your TV show. Also it's from the guy who did Taboo, an excellent miniseries, who also wrote Eastern Promises. What happened?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Huge bummer. Shes a great actress and Polly was definitely the best character.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Small world. I didnt realize she was married to Damian Lewis, holy shit.

I just blew my gf’s mind with this, I didn’t know either. We just binged Billions a few weeks ago, Damian is superb.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Maybe the best shot show I’ve ever seen. Cinematography is amazing. Overall great show.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
time to rewatch Peaky Blinders

no Alec Baldwins were involved in the production of Peaky Blinders

spronk

FPS noob
2 episodes of season 6 have dropped on BBC or whatever in the UK, the full season won't drop on Netflix USA until June 10th. So either wait until then or get your Peaky on torrents

s6 is the final season

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
2 episodes of season 6 have dropped on BBC or whatever in the UK, the full season won't drop on Netflix USA until June 10th. So either wait until then or get your Peaky on torrents

s6 is the final season
Looking forward to this.

They had better not fuck it up.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Season 6 Dropped on Netflix today.

I will give this the shot it deserves. Hopefully it has a good ending.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Final season was pretty bleh IMO. By far the weakest of all the seasons. Wont be shocked if theres another season one day.

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah just binged through season 6, its on Netflix in USA. Nowhere near as strong as season 1 but still interesting. Tom Hardy steals the show every time he is on. Kinda ludicrous the extreme lengths the "plotting" goes to. Its a real sadness that the actress who played Polly died IRL last year, she was the glue that really held the show together and definitely her loss heavily impacted the show.

There is no season 7 of Peaky Blinders, they are currently thinking about doing a movie but there is no script, it wouldn't start filming until late 2023 for a 2024 release so years away if it even happens. Or maybe they'll do some spinoffs.

But honestly the show IS Cillian Murphy and Arthur, without those two I don't think it'll be good.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
First four episodes of this season were a snooze fest. I care so little about the political stuff, and they made the second best character (Arthur) a useless husk of a man. Last two episodes were pretty great though. Glad I stuck it out

• 2Like