Peaky Blinders

Discussion in 'TV House' started by Decado, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Decado Member

Decado
    Ratings:
    +4
    Rating: 0.00/5 - 0 Votes
    AiqsuFFL2u4hsrMFYUbQlX9BqhH.jpg
    Peaky Blinders

Genre: Drama

First Aired: 2013-09-12

Overview: A gangster family epic set in 1919 Birmingham, England and centered on a gang who sew razor blades in the peaks of their caps, and their fierce boss Tommy Shelby, who means to move up in the world.

Caught the first couple of episodes of this today and it surprisingly good especially considering its a BBC show

Cilian Murphy and Sam Neil head the cast about gangsters in Birmingham just after the first world war.

Worth a watch I'd say, hopefully won't turn to shite[​IMG]

#1 Decado, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2016
  2. Khane Doesn't know about marriage

Khane
    Ratings:
    +388
    Say whaaaat? BBC has some awesome shows.

3. spronk FPS noob DONOR

spronk
    Ratings:
    +466
    season 2 starts up tonight in UK, was thinking about watching is it good? Like Downton Abbey + Boardwalk Empire?

Saw this article on my news feed which peaked (HAH) my interest, didn't even hear about this show but its got some great actors
    PeakyBlinderss fearless. - BT

4. Khane Doesn't know about marriage

Khane
    Ratings:
    +388
    So the first season is on Netflix now and branded as a "Netflix original". I watched it over the past few days and it's definitely interesting. Not the most enthralling show but the characters, acting and story are compelling enough to keep watching.

5. elidib Active Member

elidib
    Ratings:
    +71
    I'm only 2 episodes deep but I'm loving it, Cillian Murphy is amazing in it and fully capable of carrying the show on his back alone.

6. Agraza Registered Hutt DONOR

Agraza
    Ratings:
    +119
    My only issue is they randomly decide to go slo-mo artsy. Cut it out. Every single time they do I want to stop watching, and I have a few times.

7. sukik Member

sukik
    Ratings:
    +7
    I got halfway through the first episode but found the music to be way to distracting. It's not bad music, it just feels really out of place. I'll give it another go eventually.

8. Oblio My Favorite Picture of Keg DONOR

Oblio
    Ratings:
    +349
    I watched the whole season and I enjoyed it. It was cool to see the ScareCrow in a different role. It reminded me of the Black Donnellys, but different time and obviously English instead of Irish American, still it reminded me of that.

The last scene actually surprised me a bit. I knew the Chief Inspector was a lil psycho and was hurt/felt betrayed but wow that was not the direction I expected.

9. Drinsic privileged shitlord DONOR

Drinsic
    Ratings:
    +529
    Seemed pretty obvious he didn't shoot her since it wasn't shown. Probably turned the gun on himself. Only show I can think of recently that had a legitimate death portrayed this way was Breaking Bad, and that cliffhanger was stupid. I remember a lot of people shitting on it. If you want people to think someone's dead, fucking show them dead. The only reason to leave the possibility open is if they actually lived.

but I haven't seen anything of season 2, so maybe I'm way off base. Solid show for the most part.

10. SekaiX_sl shitlord

SekaiX_sl
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just finished season 1, enjoyed it very much.
    I fucken cringed and LOL'ed when the Inspector proposed to Grace. You obviously knew how that was going to turn out.
    Looking forward to season 2, with Tom Hardy joining the cast!

11. Oblio My Favorite Picture of Keg DONOR

Oblio
    Ratings:
    +349
    Season 2 is on Netflix.

12. Campbell1oo4 Member

Campbell1oo4
    Ratings:
    +5
    Got a netflix account. Watched both seasons of this show on a recommendation from a friend. This show is like crack.

Will be itching till season 3 comes out.

13. elidib Active Member

elidib
    Ratings:
    +71
    Season 2 was good. Not as good as season 1, because I think it dragged a little on episodes 4 and 5, and Tom Hardy was underutilized, but still an amazing show.

14. khorum Get Raped DONOR

khorum
    Ratings:
    +4,255
    Loved this series.

15. Bondurant Well-Known Member

Bondurant
    Ratings:
    +124
    Binge watched two seasons. Sam Neill is pretty good but Cillian Murphy's acting is imo on a stellar level. He just happens to have that face, where he can be all seducing and at the same time quite threatening. Season 2 was less surprising and got a couple of letdowns but Tom Hardy was pretty awesome.PeakyBlinderssadly got the "lol uk tv show" seal but I think it's pretty good. It's not Utopia tier, but has the same quality level than The Shadow Line. UK TV stuff is definitely going places. Lads.

16. Elissidel_sl shitlord

Elissidel_sl
    Ratings:
    +1
    Tom Hardy made season 2 for sure. I hope his character sticks around for season 3

17. Campbell1oo4 Member

Campbell1oo4
    Ratings:
    +5
    Wait, who is Tom Hardy's character?

Realized I had google and looked it up. Holy shit, I had no idea.

18. khorum Get Raped DONOR

khorum
    Ratings:
    +4,255
    He plays a mean jew.

Also surprised that they played up the gypsy link to Charlie Chaplin without mentioning that Chaplin was a gypsy. He was actually born in the Black Patch.

19. chaos nazi mods fuck off DONOR

chaos
    Ratings:
    +844
    He did mention that Chaplin is a gypsy. He specifically mentioned he was born in the Black Patch.

Finally finished the series, i really though that was it for Tommy. They had me fooled. Not sure how I feel about Thomas Shelby, super-spy. but whatever, great show, great acting, I can't wait for more.

20. noble savage_sl shitlord

noble savage_sl
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have any news for this? I really liked the show but haven't heard anything about a 3rd season or if there will even be one.

TV Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database